What have you done?!

I have actually read all the books I've ever owned, the number of which is uncountable because I have moved a lot and had to leave hundreds+ behind. I have never read the books people lend me because they generally lend me supermarket best sellers instead of real literature. They push these books on me, and I take them to be gracious, then sometime later give them back and make general comments. It's like getting fruitcake for Christmas.

Last edited:
Oh, no point. Just asking.

free-stock-photo-882-elderly-walking-cane-old-man-senior.jpg

So you're implying that he's old. The fact that you're pointing it out makes it sound like you think he's inferior because he's old. But I'm sure we're misinterpreting you, surely you don't think that. :doubt:

The white guy in this video is old too. ;)

Ageism is a huge factor in Western society, especially in America. They do think old folks are inferior. The ageists will all change their tune when they get old. :badgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have ridden a motorcycle at 120 miles per hour, in fact i did it every day on the way to work. That is until my second speeding ticket. But i expect there are others here who have driven faster.

152 mph.

I have actually read all the books I've ever owned, the number of which is uncountable because I have moved a lot and had to leave hundreds+ behind.

That's something I hope to do when I retire. I don't even know how many books I own, I keep picking them up for "someday". I have read a lot of them but not all of them.

Let's see...I have worked in a Playboy club. Ridden a bicycle 100 miles in an afternoon, several times. Ridden a motorcycle at 152 MPH - this was back when not that many of them would go that fast. Got paid for playing my own music on a stage. I have ridden with outlaw bikers and preached sermons in one lifetime. Made a six figure income one year (okay, maybe that's not that big a deal these days). Owned a 1959 Gibson Les Paul. Moved five times in five years, four of them interstate moves. Specialization is for insects.

Last edited:
Last issued in the early '90s. Your point being?

Oh, no point. Just asking.

free-stock-photo-882-elderly-walking-cane-old-man-senior.jpg

So you're implying that he's old. The fact that you're pointing it out makes it sound like you think he's inferior because he's old. But I'm sure we're misinterpreting you, surely you don't think that. :doubt:

Yes, it's a misinterpretation. My issued sidearm was the 1911 Colt .45, and by the mid-90's I'd been out of the military for two decades.

I woke up on a KTX between Seoul and Busan from a total pass-out, with a life-sized watercolor portrait of Walter Mondale on the seat next to me.

I had a layover between Seattle and Hong Kong one time. The layover was in Seoul. I was wiped out because I'd had all my travelor's shots the day before the flight (I was going to spend a few weeks in mainland China) and they hit me the day of the flight. So I spent a few hours in the Seoul airport being pretty much totally wiped out. Only time I've ever been to Korea. I had my shots too soon before traveling because going to China was a last minute decision.

Last edited:
Go back and spend some time in Korea. Great place, great people, great food.

I walked off a mountain edge in South Dakota into thin air, in the middle of the night and landed on my butt and slid down about 35 or 40 ft. :D

I woke up on a KTX between Seoul and Busan from a total pass-out, with a life-sized watercolor portrait of Walter Mondale on the seat next to me.

I left my car by the bar one night about eight years ago because I couldn't drive. When I picked my car up the next day I was shocked to find a large Dora the Explorer doll buckled in in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I out ran at least 6 cops between the age of 18 and 25.

I survived a near plane crash and went down the yellow slide.

I fell 40 feet and lived.

I put a pick through my foot when I was 11.

I swam in the Baltic sea.

Jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.

I had a layover between Seattle and Hong Kong one time. The layover was in Seoul. I was wiped out because I'd had all my travelor's shots the day before the flight (I was going to spend a few weeks in mainland China) and they hit me the day of the flight. So I spent a few hours in the Seoul airport being pretty much totally wiped out. Only time I've ever been to Korea. I had my shots too soon before traveling because going to China was a last minute decision.

Oh, here's another one that's probably much more to the point of the OP, that is, something probably no one or most people on here haven't done.

When I was in China, I was staying with my friend's family, a Chinese family. The government decided I needed to be tested for AIDS (me being a Westerner I guess: I might give AIDS to the Chinese family). So I was taken to a hospital (circa 1950s) and given an AIDS test (blood drawn). I was more afraid the needle they used would give me something. This was in 1990. They never did tell me the results. In fact, I don't think they could have gotten the results by the time I left China, which was about 2.5 weeks later. How many people here have had an AIDS test in China? It's the only AIDS test I ever had; there never has been a reason for one except the Chinese government thought so, as I was a Westerner staying with a Chinese family.

Last edited:
Photo chase F-4J Phantom II.

You just haven't lived until you chase a SLAM, T-Hawk or other fine weapon into the house of pain.

6G breaks were order of the day.

Good times

-Geaux

Last edited:
[How many people here have had an AIDS test in China?

I have. When I started work at a university in Xi'an back in the early 90s I had to undergo a full medical check at a hospital near campus. Got the full work-up including what was probably a 100X x-ray of every inch. Blood tests, the whole thing.

Went to school with Peter Coors through the 6th grade. His best friend was a kid named Neil. Our class used to do these weird parties at the brewery where they would hand out little inch tall ceramic mugs and little wads of hops leaves. A TV star named Sky King lived on table mountain which borders that same town (Golden, Colorado). He was more than a little strange and used to invite entire classes of elementary kids to his mansion for swimming parties. I saw my best friend drown there.

I married the heir to a strange little airline called Grace Pan American but, rather than go broke after two mail planes went into the ocean, the family sold it. The patriarch of that family was one of the original astronauts and an early experimental airplane pilot who died when he was decapitated landing with an open cockpit on a carrier.

Maybe they missed his death when they made this site.

Famous People Who Died in Aviation Accidents

1910s 1970s
1920s 1980s
1930s 1990s
1940s 2000s
1950s 2010s
1960s

Famous people who died in aviation accidents

Forum List

Back