What has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?

An illegal immigrant was hired by my sister in law. He was disabled and had a family. She felt sorry for him and wanted to help him out. About 3 weeks into the arrangement he fakes getting hit by the company car when it was backing out of a parking space. He goes through the routine of how hurt he is and was awarded $100,000 in court. The thing about it is that it was his third time pulling this scam. The judge knew he had done this 3 times now but still awarded an illegal immigrant $100,000. My sister in law ended up losing her business. My Latina American sister in law. As you can see it affects all Americans.
This is just another of the many reasons I voted for trump.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
You're a dick

How Much Does Illegal Immigration Cost You? - AMAC, Inc.

Rich Americans don't care how much illegals are costing other Americans. They're getting a deal on a pool cleaning, maid, landscapers and carpentry work.

An illegal immigrant was hired by my sister in law. He was disabled and had a family. She felt sorry for him and wanted to help him out. About 3 weeks into the arrangement he fakes getting hit by the company car when it was backing out of a parking space. He goes through the routine of how hurt he is and was awarded $100,000 in court. The thing about it is that it was his third time pulling this scam. The judge knew he had done this 3 times now but still awarded an illegal immigrant $100,000. My sister in law ended up losing her business. My Latina American sister in law. As you can see it affects all Americans.
This is just another of the many reasons I voted for trump.

Shouldn't we be compassionate? Of course. But there is nothing compassionate about driving down the wages of any nation's middle class.

What about caring for people in need? Isn't that the universal religious/ethical value? Of course.

A few years ago, when my family and I were visiting Europe, one of our children fell sick. A doctor came to the home of the people we were staying with, visited our child at 11 pm on a weeknight, left behind a course of antibiotics, and charged nothing. It was paid for by that nation's universal health care system. We should offer the same to any human being in need of medical care. But if I'd applied to that nation I was visiting for a monthly unemployment or foodstamp check, I would have been laughed out of the local government office. And if I'd been caught working there, I would have been deported within a week. Caring for people in crisis/need is very different from giving a job or a monthly welfare check to non-citizens. No nation - even those in Central and South America - will do that. And neither should the United States.

The first time one hit my car and injured my two daughters while driving without a driver's licence, and no insurance.

The second time years later one raped my youngest daughter! The local police chief called me into his office to make sure I was not going to hunt him down and kill him before they caught him. I told him I would not go after the animal but if he came to my home to try to intimidate my daughter he forfeited his life. The Chief said if he is that stupid we will haul off the garbage. They caught him and he is in prison in Wyoming.

So, what you are saying is that latinos make up 41% of California's prison population. Yet, according to these statistics, that is not too surprising, since 39% of the population of the state is latino!

The issue is that a large percentage of the prison pop is made up of illegal aliens.

A Department of Homeland Security memorandum released Tuesday reveals that President Donald Trump has declared an open season on the deportation of undocumented immigrants.

“The Department will no longer exempt classes or categories of removable aliens from potential enforcement,” the document says.

DHS directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement to hire 10,000 additional people to get the job done, according to the memo.

The document does indicate that the priority remains “removable aliens” who have been convicted of a crime or charged with a crime.

It does not, to the chagrin of many conservatives, suggest any changes to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA.

Trump consistently promised previously to crack down on undocumented immigrants both throughout his campaign and since he assumed office.

Rights groups reported an uptick in Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrests last week. However, an ICE official appeared to contradict that statement during a press call, saying that the activity was “routine” and agencies only targeted certain cities in an “enforcement surge.”

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
what has a criminal done to deprive you of something?

It doesn't matter because he's a fucking criminal.

For the record, this was the liberal position back in 2006 but you shit heads wouldn't listen.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized), and because companies were unwilling to risk having non-tax-deductible labor expenses on their books by hiring undocumented workers without valid Social Security numbers.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

The magnet drawing them? Illegal Employers.

Yet in the American media, Illegal Employers are almost never mentioned.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

For the record, this was the liberal position back in 2006 but you shit heads wouldn't listen.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized), and because companies were unwilling to risk having non-tax-deductible labor expenses on their books by hiring undocumented workers without valid Social Security numbers.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

sorry Shit for Brains but my position on illegal aliens has never been different that it is today so I really don't know who the fuck you are talking to

Link that liberals wanted to deport illegals back in 2006.

Oh no, don't act as if you were 'on the fence' at all...like the OP, you knew exactly what you were doing, where you stood and what you wanted to believe all along.

Let me be very clear.
  • I know the difference between:
    • a statement about what my position and thinking is about illegal immigrants, and
    • a statement about what an illegal immigrant has done to deprive me of something.
  • I know exactly what my position is on illegal immigration and I'm not on a fence or wall about it.
  • What an illegal immigrant has done to deprive me of something isn't a matter of opinion; it's a matter of whether an illegal immigrant has or has not done so and I am the only person here on USMB who knows of what I've been deprived.
  • I have yet to share in this thread what is my position regarding illegal immigration and illegal immigrants in general. I may have shared it elsewhere on USMB, but I don't recall doing so.
OldLady will have to speak for herself.

Oh no, don't act as if you were 'on the fence' at all...like the OP, you knew exactly what you were doing, where you stood and what you wanted to believe all along.

Let me be very clear.
    • a statement about what my position and thinking is about illegal immigrants, and
    • a statement about what an illegal immigrant has done to deprive me of something.
  • I know exactly what my position is on illegal immigration and I'm not on a fence or wall about it.
  • What an illegal immigrant has done to deprive me of something isn't a matter of opinion; it's a matter of whether an illegal immigrant has or has not done so and I am the only person here on USMB who knows of what I've been deprived.
  • I have yet to share in this thread what is my position regarding illegal immigration and illegal immigrants in general. I may have shared it elsewhere on USMB, but I don't recall doing so.
I already did and BL and I have called a cease fire.
He insists on his delusions. I insist on telling him the truth. But he would say the exact opposite is true.

sorry Shit for Brains but my position on illegal aliens has never been different that it is today so I really don't know who the fuck you are talking to
Trust me ya right wing retard if we could go back in time you would tow the line on that issue just like you do every other issue. Can you tell me when the last time you disagreed with conservatives or republicans?

so you won't notice anything when they're deported. right?

Let me be very clear.
I already did and BL and I have called a cease fire.
He insists on his delusions. I insist on telling him the truth. But he would say the exact opposite is true.
you post mostly like a libturd, so it must be fake.

Trust me ya right wing retard if we could go back in time you would tow the line on that issue just like you do every other issue. Can you tell me when the last time you disagreed with conservatives or republicans?

FYI it's toe the line not tow the line.

Toe the line - Wikipedia

And I disagree with republicans on all kinds of things

Abortion
Gay marriage both OK with me

I was always against invading Iraq and Afghanistan

I think we should legalize all drugs

to name just a few

FYI it's toe the line not tow the line.

Toe the line - Wikipedia

And I disagree with republicans on all kinds of things

Abortion
Gay marriage both OK with me

I was always against invading Iraq and Afghanistan

I think we should legalize all drugs

to name just a few

Libertarian I see. Two Shay's

Shay is the girl that everyone would kill to be. Super pretty, smart, honest, nice, and very cool. She's your basic over-achiever and one of the best friends you'll ever know.

OMG I spit up my coffee when I read that. So true. If he doesn't notice them then he won't notice when they are gone. Fuckin a! Brilliant.

Now if they want to man up and become citizens, I'm open to that. But they are going to have to pay a boat load of back taxes. We may even need to bring indentured servadude back. That's where a **** works for me until they are debt free. Until then I own them. LOL.

I explained, in direct response to the title question, that I have not been deprived of someting by an illegal immigrant. That is neither more nor less than what I meant.

There are things I will notice after illegal immigrants have been deported. There are also things I will not notice after illegal immigrants have been deported. My noticing and/or not noticing those those things has no bearing on whether I've ever been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

I wrote that I have not been deprived of someting by an illegal immigrant. That is neither more nor less than what I meant.

There are things I will notice after illegal immigrants have been deported. There are also things I will not notice after illegal immigrants have been deported. My noticing and/or not noticing those those things has no bearing on whether I've ever been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.
well you won't be deprived when they're deported right? Why do you want to keep them if they don't add value?

Link that liberals wanted to deport illegals back in 2006.

when unions helped regulate entry into the workforce, 35 percent of American workers had a union job, and 70 percent of Americans could raise a family on a single, 40-hour-week paycheck.

Every nation has an obligation to limit immigration to a number that will not dilute its workforce, but will maintain a stable middle class - if it wants to have a stable democracy. This has nothing to do with race, national origin, or language (visit Switzerland with it's ethnic- and language-dived areas!), and everything to do with economics.

Without a middle class, any democracy is doomed. And without labor having - through control of labor availability - power in relative balance to capital/management, no middle class can emerge. America's early labor leaders did not die to increase the labor pool for the Robber Barons or the Walton family - they died fighting to give control of it to the workers of their era and in the hopes that we would continue to hold it - and infect other nations with the same idea of democracy and a stable middle class.

The simple way to do this today is to require that all non-refugee immigrants go through the same process to become American citizens or legal workers in this country (no amnesties, no "guest workers," no "legalizations") regardless of how they got here; to confront employers who hire illegals with draconian financial and criminal penalties; and to affirm that while health care (and the right to provide humanitarian care to all humans) is an absolute right for all people within our boundaries regardless of status, a paycheck, education, or subsidy is not.

The Republican (and Democratic) corporatists who want a cheap labor force, and the Republican (and Democratic) racists who want to build a fence and punish humanitarian aid workers, are equally corrupt and anti-progressive. As long as employers are willing and able (without severe penalties) to hire illegal workers, people will risk life and limb to grab at the America Dream. When we stop hiring and paying them, most will leave of their own volition over a few years, and the remaining few who are committed to the US will obtain citizenship through normal channels.

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

Forum List

Back