What has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?

The first time one hit my car and injured my two daughters while driving without a driver's licence, and no insurance.

The second time years later one raped my youngest daughter! The local police chief called me into his office to make sure I was not going to hunt him down and kill him before they caught him. I told him I would not go after the animal but if he came to my home to try to intimidate my daughter he forfeited his life. The Chief said if he is that stupid we will haul off the garbage. They caught him and he is in prison in Wyoming.
You are a better man than me. I would have arranged a meeting between him and God.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
what has a criminal done to deprive you of something?

It doesn't matter because he's a fucking criminal.

For the record, this was the liberal position back in 2006 but you shit heads wouldn't listen.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized), and because companies were unwilling to risk having non-tax-deductible labor expenses on their books by hiring undocumented workers without valid Social Security numbers.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

The magnet drawing them? Illegal Employers.

Yet in the American media, Illegal Employers are almost never mentioned.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Link that liberals wanted to deport illegals back in 2006.

when unions helped regulate entry into the workforce, 35 percent of American workers had a union job, and 70 percent of Americans could raise a family on a single, 40-hour-week paycheck.

Every nation has an obligation to limit immigration to a number that will not dilute its workforce, but will maintain a stable middle class - if it wants to have a stable democracy. This has nothing to do with race, national origin, or language (visit Switzerland with it's ethnic- and language-dived areas!), and everything to do with economics.

Without a middle class, any democracy is doomed. And without labor having - through control of labor availability - power in relative balance to capital/management, no middle class can emerge. America's early labor leaders did not die to increase the labor pool for the Robber Barons or the Walton family - they died fighting to give control of it to the workers of their era and in the hopes that we would continue to hold it - and infect other nations with the same idea of democracy and a stable middle class.

The simple way to do this today is to require that all non-refugee immigrants go through the same process to become American citizens or legal workers in this country (no amnesties, no "guest workers," no "legalizations") regardless of how they got here; to confront employers who hire illegals with draconian financial and criminal penalties; and to affirm that while health care (and the right to provide humanitarian care to all humans) is an absolute right for all people within our boundaries regardless of status, a paycheck, education, or subsidy is not.

The Republican (and Democratic) corporatists who want a cheap labor force, and the Republican (and Democratic) racists who want to build a fence and punish humanitarian aid workers, are equally corrupt and anti-progressive. As long as employers are willing and able (without severe penalties) to hire illegal workers, people will risk life and limb to grab at the America Dream. When we stop hiring and paying them, most will leave of their own volition over a few years, and the remaining few who are committed to the US will obtain citizenship through normal channels.

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)
You are talking out of both sides of your ass.

what has a criminal done to deprive you of something?

It doesn't matter because he's a fucking criminal.

For the record, this was the liberal position back in 2006 but you shit heads wouldn't listen.

Non-citizens didn't have access to the non-agricultural US job market, in large part because of the power of US labor unions (before Reagan 25% of the workforce was unionized; today the private workforce is about 7% unionized), and because companies were unwilling to risk having non-tax-deductible labor expenses on their books by hiring undocumented workers without valid Social Security numbers.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

sorry Shit for Brains but my position on illegal aliens has never been different that it is today so I really don't know who the fuck you are talking to
Trust me ya right wing retard if we could go back in time you would tow the line on that issue just like you do every other issue. Can you tell me when the last time you disagreed with conservatives or republicans?

FYI it's toe the line not tow the line.

Toe the line - Wikipedia

And I disagree with republicans on all kinds of things

Abortion
Gay marriage both OK with me

I was always against invading Iraq and Afghanistan

I think we should legalize all drugs

to name just a few

Libertarian I see. Two Shay's

Shay is the girl that everyone would kill to be. Super pretty, smart, honest, nice, and very cool. She's your basic over-achiever and one of the best friends you'll ever know.

nope I belong to no political party. My ideas are my own
Unlike you I can think for myself

sorry Shit for Brains but my position on illegal aliens has never been different that it is today so I really don't know who the fuck you are talking to
Trust me ya right wing retard if we could go back in time you would tow the line on that issue just like you do every other issue. Can you tell me when the last time you disagreed with conservatives or republicans?

FYI it's toe the line not tow the line.

Toe the line - Wikipedia

And I disagree with republicans on all kinds of things

Abortion
Gay marriage both OK with me

I was always against invading Iraq and Afghanistan

I think we should legalize all drugs

to name just a few

Libertarian I see. Two Shay's

Shay is the girl that everyone would kill to be. Super pretty, smart, honest, nice, and very cool. She's your basic over-achiever and one of the best friends you'll ever know.

nope I belong to no political party. My ideas are my own
Unlike you I can think for myself
Sure you do and sure you can.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
I've never lost a job to an illegal alien because there are no illegal aliens in my profession. However, I do feel their impact when I go to public picnic areas and can't find a spot because the place is overrun with them. They bring their lazy boys, smokers and 15 kids then proceed to trash the place and leave just before the ranger makes his rounds to collect the whopping $5 fee.

A Reich winger believes that Illegals vote and can get Welfare benefits. They can't. In fact the last thing they would do is walk into a polling precinct or a welfare office. That's the ultimate "here I am come and get me moment."

Really our biggest cost of illegal immigration comes in education.

We have to have immigration in this country or we can kiss Social Security & Medicare good-bye.

In the 1950's average family size was 4 kids. Over the last several decades kid size per family as dropped to 2 or less. Today there are 10K baby boomers entering social security/medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 10 years. Producing another 84 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Today one working person is supporting 3 retirees on borrowed money. This is why we're constantly raising the debt ceiling.

So we need younger workers in this country paying into these funds to support them. But you'll never get a Reich winger to understand this concept. That a path to citizenship is really the best way to go, to insure that those who are working in this country are paying their fair share into these funds.

4 benefits of immigration reform

cartoon-social-security.jpg

So when an illegal crosses the border to pop a kid out, the family doesn't receive welfare benefits?

Illegals haven't taken anything from me either. But conservatives are convinced they're the boogey man. Republican politicians take more from people than illegals ever will. Republicans want to take away healthcare and education benefits that should be the right of every citizen. They want to take your reproductive rights away and tell women what to with their bodies.

Illegals should come into this country the right way but it isn't nonsense that they've taken things from Americans.

What a dick. The cost of illegal immigration effects all Americans.

I've never lost a job to an illegal alien because there are no illegal aliens in my profession. However, I do feel their impact when I go to public picnic areas and can't find a spot because the place is overrun with them. They bring their lazy boys, smokers and 15 kids then proceed to trash the place and leave just before the ranger makes his rounds to collect the whopping $5 fee.

TY for your reply.

Illegals haven't taken anything from me either. But conservatives are convinced they're the boogey man. Republican politicians take more from people than illegals ever will. Republicans want to take away healthcare and education benefits that should be the right of every citizen. They want to take your reproductive rights away and tell women what to with their bodies.

Illegals should come into this country the right way but it isn't nonsense that they've taken things from Americans.

A few years ago, when my family and I were visiting Europe, one of our children fell sick. A doctor came to the home of the people we were staying with, visited our child at 11 pm on a weeknight, left behind a course of antibiotics, and charged nothing. It was paid for by that nation's universal health care system. We should offer the same to any human being in need of medical care.

But if I'd applied to that nation I was visiting for a monthly unemployment or retirement check, I would have been laughed out of the local government office. And if I'd been caught working there, I would have been deported within a week. Caring for people in crisis/need is very different from giving a job or a monthly welfare check to non-citizens. No nation - even those in Central and South America - will do that. And neither should the United States.

Every nation has an obligation to limit immigration to a number that will not dilute its workforce, but will maintain a stable middle class - if it wants to have a stable democracy. This has nothing to do with race, national origin, or language (visit Switzerland with it's ethnic- and language-dived areas!), and everything to do with economics.

Without a middle class, any democracy is doomed. And without labor having - through control of labor availability - power in relative balance to capital/management, no middle class can emerge.

Do you understand illegals are ruining the middle class? Many Americans aren't middle class because of illegals. Illegals keep wages down. They are fucking us!

so it won't affect you when they are deported. thanks.

A Reich winger believes that Illegals vote and can get Welfare benefits. They can't. In fact the last thing they would do is walk into a polling precinct or a welfare office. That's the ultimate "here I am come and get me moment."

Really our biggest cost of illegal immigration comes in education.

We have to have immigration in this country or we can kiss Social Security & Medicare good-bye.

In the 1950's average family size was 4 kids. Over the last several decades kid size per family as dropped to 2 or less. Today there are 10K baby boomers entering social security/medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 10 years. Producing another 84 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Today one working person is supporting 3 retirees on borrowed money. This is why we're constantly raising the debt ceiling.

So we need younger workers in this country paying into these funds to support them. But you'll never get a Reich winger to understand this concept. That a path to citizenship is really the best way to go, to insure that those who are working in this country are paying their fair share into these funds.

4 benefits of immigration reform

cartoon-social-security.jpg
so do their children go to school? do they shop at stores? where does their money come from? do they get serviced for health issues? do they protest down my streets? how do they feed their children and themselves? enlighten us on the right.

My thoughts on immigration, illegal or otherwise:

If you want SO BAD to be an American that you hustle your ass through a thousand miles of desert, risk dehydration and death, fight off sexual assault, and then take the worst possible job available to the public in the U.S. all so you can give your children an "American" life, you are FAR more patriotic than a white, fat, lazy SOB whose only affirmative steps taken to become an American involved slithering out of his mother's c*nt with appropriate geographic luck.

My thoughts on immigration, illegal or otherwise:

If you want SO BAD to be an American that you hustle your ass through a thousand miles of desert, risk dehydration and death, fight off sexual assault, and then take the worst possible job available to the public in the U.S. all so you can give your children an "American" life, you are FAR more patriotic than a white, fat, lazy SOB whose only affirmative steps taken to become an American involved slithering out of his mother's c*nt with appropriate geographic luck.

Oh yes, the victim card....hahaha.
So noble of you Gary...here's to hoping you feel all cozy, warm and fuzzy inside after such a beautiful testament. It's so simple to be noble with other people's checkbook isn't it Gary?
Oh yeah, Gary says we should drop these guys from the jungle in the laps of American's also...so long as they can endure the boat ride here to prove their toughness and will. Hell, Gary says bring in the Somalis as well...we'd love to pick up their tab also.
indigenous-tribes-protest-dam-construction-in-brazils-amazon.jpg

you are FAR more patriotic than a white, fat, lazy SOB whose only affirmative steps taken to become an American involved slithering out of his mother's c*nt with appropriate geographic luck.
Spoken like a true "woe is me" helpless left-wing hatriot. If those criminals wanted to be an American so badly - they would do it legally.

Of the top of my head...

$3000 in damage to my good friend's truck when an illegal alien failed to stop his decrepit minivan and hit the truck.
Different friend was put out of business by not being able to compete with illegal aliens, because they do not pay little things like workers' comp, payroll taxes, and insurance.
The swarms of them driving their unregistered, uninsured shitboxes without licences greatly add to the insurance premiums I pay.

By the same standards, since you don't have cancer, AIDs since aren't starving, those aren't valid issues, either. Pitiful liberal wanker. I live with illegals, and they HURT and they have overturned the apple cart. How they DON'T effect a narcissist liberal creeps living in ya ya land isn't representative of America, buck-o.

Forum List

Back