What happened to me?

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Should you go to a doctor later? NO. YOU SHOULD GO NOW.

you almost fainted.....

So what was the brightness thing about? I'm never going to forget this day, I probably now know what it would be like to die. The brightness thing wasn't normal. Never happened to me before.
Not to scare ya' here, but many people who have died, before being revived, have said they saw the bright lights also, before succumbing.

Scary stuff, indeed.

That's exactly what I was saying to myself. What scared me most is I didn't have a family member with me. I was alone. Some bystanders and subway staff took care of me and gave me water. But that's why I told someone earlier that now I know what it's like before death.

So what was the brightness thing about? I'm never going to forget this day, I probably now know what it would be like to die. The brightness thing wasn't normal. Never happened to me before.
Not to scare ya' here, but many people who have died, before being revived, have said they saw the bright lights also, before succumbing.

Scary stuff, indeed.

That's exactly what I was saying to myself. What scared me most is I didn't have a family member with me. I was alone. Some bystanders and subway staff took care of me and gave me water. But that's why I told someone earlier that now I know what it's like before death.

i would hope, what you have read in this thread, is enough to send you to the doctor.......

My Dad is saying its because I hit the wrong nerve while working out. He said he called personal friends who are doctors. I asked him if I should set up an appointment and he said I'm ok but it's because I worked out. He said if it happens a second time without working out then I should go. Kind of stubborn. But I will push him to take me to a doctor....:cool:

If it was me, I would definitely go to the doctor and have the necessary tests done ... I'm sure you have nothing serious but I would do it just for peace of mind.

May be your blood pressure went down?

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

I agree with CK it could be a mild stroke.
The sooner you go to the doctor it prevents anything from causing worse damage
to deal with.

You will feel better when you know what it is and know what to do and look for.
Take care and give yourself a treat for going to the doctor and taking care of business!

My Dad is saying its because I hit the wrong nerve while working out. He said he called personal friends who are doctors. I asked him if I should set up an appointment and he said I'm ok but it's because I worked out. He said if it happens a second time without working out then I should go. Kind of stubborn. But I will push him to take me to a doctor....:cool:

How about this for stubbornness...... we knew a great young man..... knew... get it? He was fine too.... right up to the point when he died jogging on the beach.

That was his "second" time, wait and see if it happens again........

Very upsetting to read this...

How about showing Dad this thread and how concerned we are about your health? But don't let him read any other threads. :eusa_whistle:

Regards from Rosie

Scary stuff, indeed.

I am not a doctor but with my job I have had to learn the signs of a stroke. It kind of sounds like you had a TIA or a mini stroke. You had pain on one side of your head, and everything became bright, two signs of a TIA.
Look in the mirror and stick out your tongue. If it curls to one side that is another sign.

As none of us are doctors and you had two signs of a stroke i would immediately see your doctor or go to the ER. Don't mess with that stuff.

Scary stuff, indeed.

I am not a doctor but with my job I have had to learn the signs of a stroke. It kind of sounds like you had a TIA or a mini stroke. You had pain on one side of your head, and everything became bright, two signs of a TIA.
Look in the mirror and stick out your tongue. If it curls to one side that is another sign.

As none of us are doctors and you had two signs of a stroke i would immediately see your doctor or go to the ER. Don't mess with that stuff.

ER was my suggestion too! :thup:

You may have had a exercise induced migraine...."People suffering from exercise-induced migraines report the same symptoms as other migraine sufferers: pounding head pain, visual disturbances such as blurring vision or flashing lights; fatigue; sensitivity to light, noise, and odors; nausea and vomiting; sinus pain; difficulty concentrating and fatigue. Not every migraine patient has the same collection of symptoms. If you frequently experience any of these symptoms during and after exercise, you may be having exercise-induced migraines"

Exercise-induced Migraines

I had these for several years and was under a doctor's care. Eventually the headaches stopped. It was after vigorous exercises like "spinning" and maybe a couple of times after "Zumba", but never after martial arts or weight lifting(strength training).

Good luck at the doctor....:)

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.

Might be anxiety, but I'd get it checked out.

If you have symptoms of a stroke, call 911 or other emergency services right away. General symptoms of a stroke include:

Sudden numbness, tingling, weakness, or loss of movement in your face, arm, or leg, especially on only one side of your body.
Sudden vision changes.
Sudden trouble speaking.
Sudden confusion or trouble understanding simple statements.
Sudden problems with walking or balance.
A sudden, severe headache that is different from past headaches.

Symptoms can vary depending on whether the stroke is caused by a blood clot (ischemic stroke) or bleeding (hemorrhagic stroke), where the stroke occurs in the brain, and how bad it is. If several smaller strokes occur over time, you may have a more gradual change in walking, balance, thinking, or behavior (multi-infarct dementia). It is not always easy for people to recognize symptoms of a small stroke. They may mistakenly think the symptoms can be attributed to aging, or the symptoms may be confused with those of other conditions that cause similar symptoms.

Stroke-Symptoms

Asking a bunch of jerks on a political network about a medical problem is your second mistake or maybe third or maybe your fourth counting eating a meal in a fast food subway station..

I've had that happen before. I never went to the doctor and it went away on it's own.

I am thinking it was probably dehydration and low iron.

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?
blood thinners. Keep in mind I'm not saying this is what happened but you do not want to mess around with these things.

Any headache right now or anything?

Sort of feels like a fever, some minor pain and I feel tired. My left ribs get this shocking like tingle every once in a while. I used to have dreams where I would wake up moaning and have a little headache after. Is that any concern related to this?

so how do you feel now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back