What happened to me?

Get to the doctor first thing in the morning. This is nothing to play around with. It could have been a mini stroke or aneurism. I don't want to scare you but you REALLY need to get checked out.

I lost a friend who was 22 to a brain aneurism so these things are nothiing to play around with. Please go to the doctor tomorrow. Get on the phone and call your physician, maybe you can get in today

Thanks, then I will go to a doctor tomorrow and I hope it isn't. If it is will they put me on medicine?
blood thinners. Keep in mind I'm not saying this is what happened but you do not want to mess around with these things.

Any headache right now or anything?

Sort of feels like a fever, some minor pain and I feel tired. My left ribs get this shocking like tingle every once in a while. I used to have dreams where I would wake up moaning and have a little headache after. Is that any concern related to this?

But can pushing yourself too hard actually cause you to get dizzy and almost pass out? Btw, is this brightness thing normal? I'm guessing it was chemicals being released into my brain. I almost felt blind.
I had similar symtoms in the military, while in Ranger training, complete with halucinations.....But it was after being up for around 36 hours straight, and being pushed to the absolute physical and mental limits. It was par for the course.

Go get checked, it definitely can't hurt.

I went working out for an half hour, I did a hard workout with my trainer. Today was a sunny day but still pretty cold. But after that I went to get food from Subway. I walk in, feel normal, ask for the bread and sub I want. Then I start feeling hot and felt like throwing up. I walked out to get some fresh air. I slowly feel like throwing up and I wait for it to happen. Then I lost that feeling, started getting dizzy and the sky was getting really bright. Everything around me was very bright. I could barely see. I asked a person walking near to help dial my fathers number. Then it got even brighter. He told me to hold his hand and walk with me, I felt like I took two steps and I started stumbling. I still couldn't see. I sat on the counter and slowly my vision was coming back. The left part of my head was hurting. Several things followed that and I am getting rest right now while also drinking more water. Also I didn't eat a protein filled meal before working out. I was told either I need more water, eat before working out a big meal or my spine released something into my head. A friend is telling me it was blood rushing in and out my head. I'm not positive on what happened. It's the first time in my life this happened and it was like a movie, I was hearing echos. My brain felt like it was shutting down and everything was bright. If anyone had this experience please tell me what it is and what it's about. Also should I go to a doctor later? Appreciate it.
:eusa_hand:

doctor time for you bud.

Ask them to run an A1C blood test. You sound as if you hit a low blood sugar level..... that can happen after a workout.

I would suggest you hydrate and get some electrolytes back into your body..... several Gatorades should do the trick.

I'm still a young adult, do you really think it could be a heart problem?

A very close friend of mine had a heart attack at 25. He didn't make it through it either.. Age does not matter

It didn't feel like it had something to do with my heart. It did feel like my brain was shutting down slowly and everything was getting brighter and brighter sort of like a shadow bright. I tried to keep on talking and it lasted for a minute or two. But it was a long minute or two.

you almost fainted.....

A very close friend of mine had a heart attack at 25. He didn't make it through it either.. Age does not matter

It didn't feel like it had something to do with my heart. It did feel like my brain was shutting down slowly and everything was getting brighter and brighter sort of like a shadow bright. I tried to keep on talking and it lasted for a minute or two. But it was a long minute or two.

you almost fainted.....

So what was the brightness thing about? I'm never going to forget this day, I probably now know what it would be like to die. The brightness thing wasn't normal. Never happened to me before.

This is it...check the symptoms and you will see they match:

Transient ischemic attack (TIA): Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

A TIA is a disruption of blood flow in the brain. When blood flow is blocked or bleeds into the brain, that is a stroke. I had a big stroke in 2007.

Do NOT participate in strenuous exercise again until a doctor okays it. Which means get to a doc ASAP. TIA is nothing to monkey around with.

Wishing you good outcomes and sending you many healing vibes.

Regards from Rosie

you almost fainted.....

So what was the brightness thing about? I'm never going to forget this day, I probably now know what it would be like to die. The brightness thing wasn't normal. Never happened to me before.

What was it.....you coming close to fainting is what it was. A lot of people experience that light coming from all sides and then blacking out.

Bottom line.... what ever it was you need to go and get it checked out.

Sounds like a possible heart problem.

I would consider low blood sugar. I can have problems like you describe, though rarely affecting my vision. When I'm working, I always have a candy bar and Gator Aid in my truck. M&M's are great because they don't melt into a glob in the summer.

Sounds like a possible heart problem.

I would consider low blood sugar. I can have problems like you describe, though rarely affecting my vision. When I'm working, I always have a candy bar and Gator Aid in my truck. M&M's are great because they don't melt into a glob in the summer.

I eat a chocolate chip granola bar while I was working out. Lol...I eat good amounts of sugar man. I don't know why that happened, I did feel like I over did it. But, when I lost control and vision that was the weird part. Are you sure it's a vision thing? Or was if chemicals being released into the brain.

But can pushing yourself too hard actually cause you to get dizzy and almost pass out? Btw, is this brightness thing normal? I'm guessing it was chemicals being released into my brain. I almost felt blind.

Yes. You could have had low blood sugar, for example.

But it's best to not self-diagnose and to not take advice from unqualified anonymous people on the internet.

Go see your doctor.

Last edited:

I eat a chocolate chip granola bar while I was working out. Lol...I eat good amounts of sugar man. I don't know why that happened, I did feel like I over did it. But, when I lost control and vision that was the weird part. Are you sure it's a vision thing? Or was if chemicals being released into the brain.

you eating good amounts of sugar.... could also be the problem. Diabetes is nothing to fool around with either.

you almost fainted.....

Not to scare ya' here, but many people who have died, before being revived, have said they saw the bright lights also, before succumbing.

Scary stuff, indeed.

Forum List

Back