What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

How tolerant of you. I thought you people supported freedom of speech?

That isn't a question but you did have a question mark at the end. I can't answer it unless you rephrase it.

Who is "you people" ? Am I a part of a group in your eyes? To which group am I connected?

Was that a lie, or are you a hypocrite on the matter?

I was advocating any laws. I was giving friendly advice. There is some bad things happening to people that refuse service to homosexuals. He would be better off just baking the cake. I wasn't advocating any laws. However most human beings are hypocrites at one time or another. Being contrary, paradoxical and conflicting is a part of the human experience. Yes. I am a hypocrite and so are you. I also breathe air.

Do as I say, not as I do, apparently isn't limited to Baptist preachers I see.

This is common among humans as well. On this particular subject I never denied service to a gay customer. I worked at a hotel for four years. There were many times that I suspected gay customers using our hotel for ungodly ceremonies of unnatural lusts.

What exactly are you accusing me of doing? I am not following your accusations therefore I am having a difficult time defending myself.

You were telling me to shut up. I refuse.

Not going to bake a cake for any SSM. Bad things happen to people all the time. But being punished for following my beliefs is something I will accept, and fight at the same time. Meaning, I will do my best to fight intolerance of my faith. But if needed I will pay the fine, and continue to practice my faith as I see fit.

Or perhaps I simply refuse, and see how far the gaystapo is willing to push this. Perhaps prison. Who knows. Preachers have already been sent to jail for preaching the Biblical truth about homosexuality, so we'll see.

But for certain.... we will not "bake a cake, and shut up". Not happening. Sorry.

So if you priest were gay, as permitted by the church, you would not attend services or bake him a birthday cake?
Either you will serve a gay or you are a bigot. You would reject the church as well?

Gays are the devils, just god's creation.

Hate is not what the christian should take from their faith.

Absolutely. And I've already said, I have no problem being a 'bigot' if I'm right. And... I am.

As for the church.... you write "church" as if it's a monolithic group.

As a Biblical Christian, our only authority, is the G-d of the Bible. Therefore, any authority that contradicts the Bible... is no longer an authority.

So.... Understand that you are not a Christian, because you say "I'm a christian". Nor is a church, a "Christian Church", because they say they are.

You are a Christian, and a church is a Christian Church.... only..... when they follow the teachings of the Bible. You are not what you say you are. You are only what your actions show that you are.

So to answer your question: If a church does not follow the teachings of the Bible, then it is not a Christian Church, regardless of what anyone says.

My church, the Church I attend, does not support SSM, and it preaches the Biblical truth of homosexuality. It is a sin.

If my church were ever to change that view, to deviate from the Bible, then I would deviate from the church. I would leave, and find another Church.

Remember, a Christians allegiance isn't to the Church, but to G-d. The church is merely how we identify with others who are slaves of Christ. If the Church leaves Christ, then we leave the Church. Make a new church. That's what the protestant reformation was all about.

$135,000 fine for refusing to bake cake

a lot of business that refuse service will go out of business

some churches will loose their tax exemption for denying law of land

That's ok. We'll fight it. If you close my business, I'll just reopen it elsewhere.

That's ok. We'll fight it. If you close my business, I'll just reopen it elsewhere.

Still libel for the fines. Can't just open someplace else if you lost all your equiptment. Still the money you earn will deduct your debts.

Still libel for the fines. Can't just open someplace else if you lost all your equiptment. Still the money you earn will deduct your debts.

You can bake a cake in your home dude. I don't need anything. I can restart the business on the weekend, and build it right back up.

I know a lady right now, that does wedding cakes from home, and makes a good income. If you close my business, and confiscate all my equipment.... oh well.... I'll just start over... and continue to follow my policy of not supplying to SSMs. And now what are you going to do? Take it all again?

Ok, I'll just start over again. Then what? Take it all again? Then I'll just start over again.

So... what are you going to do about it?

You can bake a cake in your home dude. I don't need anything. I can restart the business on the weekend, and build it right back up.

I know a lady right now, that does wedding cakes from home, and makes a good income. If you close my business, and confiscate all my equipment.... oh well.... I'll just start over... and continue to follow my policy of not supplying to SSMs. And now what are you going to do? Take it all again?

Ok, I'll just start over again. Then what? Take it all again? Then I'll just start over again.

but you would not bake a cake for a catholic priest that was gay? A graduation or any event for someone that was gay? even a communion or catechism?

No, the kicker is most homosexuals do not believe that what they are doing is any more sinful than what heterosexuals are doing. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex and have sex; homosexuals are attracted to the the same sex and have sex. Imagine telling heterosexuals what they are doing is a sin, so stop doing it. Their reaction would be the same as homosexuals.

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

G-d defined how relationships work, and what was pure, and what isn't.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

Thanks for stopping by. Not much more to add to that. :)
You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

If you mean me telling other people how to run their business, yeah, I have no intention of doing that.

If you mean others telling me whom I must serve... no. I will continue to operate according to my faith, and if you don't like that... too bad. You can't stop me. You can fine me... you can arrest me... you can imprison me... you can even kill me. But no, you will not stop me.
You're proof that religion fosters bigotry.

Proud of it. Freedom of speech not so great huh? Freedom of religion not so great huh?

Sucks to be you, we can vote too. Too bad eh?

Bigotry is only bad if you are wrong. Since I know for a fact, that I am not wrong, happy to be a Bigot to you. :)
b07.jpg

How tolerant of you. I thought you people supported freedom of speech?

That isn't a question but you did have a question mark at the end. I can't answer it unless you rephrase it.

Who is "you people" ? Am I a part of a group in your eyes? To which group am I connected?

Was that a lie, or are you a hypocrite on the matter?

I was advocating any laws. I was giving friendly advice. There is some bad things happening to people that refuse service to homosexuals. He would be better off just baking the cake. I wasn't advocating any laws. However most human beings are hypocrites at one time or another. Being contrary, paradoxical and conflicting is a part of the human experience. Yes. I am a hypocrite and so are you. I also breathe air.

Do as I say, not as I do, apparently isn't limited to Baptist preachers I see.

This is common among humans as well. On this particular subject I never denied service to a gay customer. I worked at a hotel for four years. There were many times that I suspected gay customers using our hotel for ungodly ceremonies of unnatural lusts.

What exactly are you accusing me of doing? I am not following your accusations therefore I am having a difficult time defending myself.

You were telling me to shut up. I refuse.

Not going to bake a cake for any SSM. Bad things happen to people all the time. But being punished for following my beliefs is something I will accept, and fight at the same time. Meaning, I will do my best to fight intolerance of my faith. But if needed I will pay the fine, and continue to practice my faith as I see fit.

Or perhaps I simply refuse, and see how far the gaystapo is willing to push this. Perhaps prison. Who knows. Preachers have already been sent to jail for preaching the Biblical truth about homosexuality, so we'll see.

But for certain.... we will not "bake a cake, and shut up". Not happening. Sorry.

So if you priest were gay, as permitted by the church, you would not attend services or bake him a birthday cake?
Either you will serve a gay or you are a bigot. You would reject the church as well?

Gays are the devils, just god's creation.

Hate is not what the christian should take from their faith.

I sincerely doubt that Andy would attend a church where the priest was gay, and I'm not sure where you got the idea that Andy is Catholic, anyway.

And I for one am getting enormously tired of your "Don't agree = hate" meme, in addition to your "I am the smartest person EVER TO EXIST! Let me tell you how every Christian in history has been WRONG!" schtick. In the many, many pages where you have eagerly preached about how Christianity should change to meet your superior interpretation, my first answer remains true: No one asked you because no one cared what you think, and now that you've told us what you think without being asked, we still don't care.

Perhaps you didn't notice that that new "law of the land", aside from being illegally forced without the actual legislating body, also included specific language exempting churches from punishment for continuing to preach their own doctrine.

Or perhaps you're just admitting that you leftists are a bunch of lying fucks who mouth platitudes to get your way without ever intending to follow through on them.

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

If you mean me telling other people how to run their business, yeah, I have no intention of doing that.

If you mean others telling me whom I must serve... no. I will continue to operate according to my faith, and if you don't like that... too bad. You can't stop me. You can fine me... you can arrest me... you can imprison me... you can even kill me. But no, you will not stop me.

Proud of it. Freedom of speech not so great huh? Freedom of religion not so great huh?

Bigotry is only bad if you are wrong. Since I know for a fact, that I am not wrong, happy to be a Bigot to you. :)
b07.jpg

Sorry, what church are you ordained by?

Perhaps you didn't notice that that new "law of the land", aside from being illegally forced without the actual legislating body, also included specific language exempting churches from punishment for continuing to preach their own doctrine.

Or perhaps you're just admitting that you leftists are a bunch of lying fucks who mouth platitudes to get your way without ever intending to follow through on them.
You just have to pick the church that hates the same people that you do. Pretty simple really.

You just have to pick the church that hates the same people that you do. Pretty simple really.

You could read the Bible and avoid church altogether for 4-5 years. At the end of that time period of intensive Bible study you could join the church that matches the Bible.

but you would not bake a cake for a catholic priest that was gay? A graduation or any event for someone that was gay? even a communion or catechism?

Well... first off.... I'm not Catholic. So that really doesn't matter to me to start with.

Second... yes I made that clear before. If I sell wedding cakes...... and a SSM couple walks in.... they not gettin a cake. Don't matter who they are. If the Pope himself, asked for a SSM cake, he's not getting it. The answer would be no.

Now you seem to magically adding in other things into the conversation. A graduation cake? Of course I'll make a graduation cake. Is 'graduating' a violation of Biblical doctrine? No? Then I have no problem with that.

Is Catechism a violation of Biblical doctrine? No? Then I have no problem.

b07.jpg

It's always funny when pagans try and tell Christians, how a Christian should live.

Thanks Taz.... but we never cared about your opinion of our religion to begin with, and thus we certainly don't now.

Tell me, does that whole "You disagree with me, so you're a HATER!" line ever become effective? I mean, there aren't any HERE, but are there people somewhere who do something other than just laugh at you?

Tell me, does that whole "You disagree with me, so you're a HATER!" line ever become effective? I mean, there aren't any HERE, but are there people somewhere who do something other than just laugh at you?
If you're against gay marriage then you think that gay couples shouldn't be on the same level as hetero ones. Ipso facto, you a hater. Pretty simple really.

b07.jpg

It's always funny when pagans try and tell Christians, how a Christian should live.

Thanks Taz.... but we never cared about your opinion of our religion to begin with, and thus we certainly don't now.
Not my opinion, just a bible fact.

If you're against gay marriage then you think that gay couples shouldn't be on the same level as hetero ones. Ipso facto, you a hater. Pretty simple really.

not so simple------rejection of homosexual "marriage" ----is, simply, rejection of homosexual marriage------we have laws against incest too----
if one is not "pro incest" that makes the person a
"hater"?

You could read the Bible and avoid church altogether for 4-5 years. At the end of that time period of intensive Bible study you could join the church that matches the Bible.
Why do you feel the need to join a church? Especially after you've studied and understood the bible?

not so simple------rejection of homosexual "marriage" ----is, simply, rejection of homosexual marriage------we have laws against incest too----
"hater"?
Yes, as in "I hate incest". Don't you? :D

"hater"?
Yes, as in "I hate incest". Don't you? :D

depends on the circumstances. If two grown people----fully grown decide to "INDULGE" and avoid pregnancy---it is none of my business---seems weird to me-----but not my business. I also do not care if persons of dog eating
ethnic groups-----eat dogs

Forum List

Back