What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

Why anyone would care what the jewish bible said is strange. But King David was obviously bisexual and Yahweh did not have an issue with it.

Fail? Total Fail. We are Christian. Jesus was a Jew. The entire Christian faith, is built on the foundation of the Jewish Faith. If there was no Jewish faith, there would be no Christian faith.

So.... yes, Bible-based Christians do care what the Jewish bible says.

No, David was not bi-sexual in any way. There is no possible way that one could even attempt to make that claim rationally.

Would Jesus Discriminate - David loved Jonathan more than women

Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with homosexuality. Love does not equal sex. You have sleep with 100 prostitutes, and they are nothing more than night of physical passion to you, and you are nothing more than a good customer to them.

Love is not the same as sex. When it said that David loved Jonathan, it had nothing to do with homosexuality. It had to do with a deep friendship. You talk to people who come back from war, and they have a type of friendship with someone that they bled and fought side by side with, that they simply don't have with their wife.

It not the same. The Bible makes it clear a thousand times over that Homosexuality is a sin. You will never prove that wrong, and no amount of randomly interpreting your own meaning into verses will change that.

You are still wrong.
No, the Bible makes clear that homosexual acts are a sin, not being homosexual. A homosexual is defined as a person who is sexually attracted to people of one's own sex. There are homosexuals that do not engage in homosexual sex. Some homosexuals seek only love and companionship and seldom if ever engaged in homosexual acts.

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

Eunuchs who have been so from birth are gays

You might want to look up the definition of "eunuch", punkin, because I don't know a single gay person who wouldn't be MIGHTILY offended by your characterization.

Here, let me help, since English clearly is a problem for you.

Eunuch -
: a castrated man placed in charge of a harem or employed as a chamberlain in a palace
: a man or boy deprived of the testes or external genitals
: one that lacks virility or power <political eunuchs>

So a "eunuch from birth" would be someone who naturally has no sex drive, not someone who is sexually attracted to the same sex.

Can you be a bigger idiot?

Why anyone would care what the jewish bible said is strange. But King David was obviously bisexual and Yahweh did not have an issue with it.
David was NOT bisexual. Having a close friend is not homosexuality. That's as idiotic as you twats claiming Bert and Ernie were gay because they were roommates or that Lincoln was gay because he shared a bed with another man. Very common in those days. You people make a lot of ASSumptions and prove anew what ASSES you are.

Go back and read Samuel again.

Samuel was a strict guy-------Nathan was even worse
Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with homosexuality. Love does not equal sex. You have sleep with 100 prostitutes, and they are nothing more than night of physical passion to you, and you are nothing more than a good customer to them.

Love is not the same as sex. When it said that David loved Jonathan, it had nothing to do with homosexuality. It had to do with a deep friendship. You talk to people who come back from war, and they have a type of friendship with someone that they bled and fought side by side with, that they simply don't have with their wife.

It not the same. The Bible makes it clear a thousand times over that Homosexuality is a sin. You will never prove that wrong, and no amount of randomly interpreting your own meaning into verses will change that.

You are still wrong.
No, the Bible makes clear that homosexual acts are a sin, not being homosexual. A homosexual is defined as a person who is sexually attracted to people of one's own sex. There are homosexuals that do not engage in homosexual sex. Some homosexuals seek only love and companionship and seldom if ever engaged in homosexual acts.

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

How do people read the bible and see only hate? Hate is the opposite of what Jesus preached.

People that hate, gays or others, should be ashamed to call themselves christisians.

We have seen in the news that the relatives of the church massacre could have compassion of the killer, but good christians have none for those born gay? How does this make sense? Jonathan and David both had wives and children. David even adopted Jonathan's son, when most would have seen only a rival to his throne and had the boy killed.

The point of the bible stores shows over and over again that God loves his children no matter their flaws or sins. He does not reject them.
How can people that read the bible reject what god does not? Do they hold themselves superior to god? Do they think they know better what is a sin and and what is not?

Those who hate and see only sin in others need to go back to their bible and find out how to love others. Till they do, they should not call themselves followers of Jesus. They are not followers of god.

I think "eunuchs from birth"-----are boys with undescended testes----but I kinda like
your interpretation. "love above that for women"-------is----not a declaration of sexual attraction------I will check with my local expert----the actual wording of that lament

David was NOT bisexual. Having a close friend is not homosexuality. That's as idiotic as you twats claiming Bert and Ernie were gay because they were roommates or that Lincoln was gay because he shared a bed with another man. Very common in those days. You people make a lot of ASSumptions and prove anew what ASSES you are.

You are still wrong.

How do people read the bible and see only hate? Hate is the opposite of what Jesus preached.

People that hate, gays or others, should be ashamed to call themselves christisians.

We have seen in the news that the relatives of the church massacre could have compassion of the killer, but good christians have none for those born gay? How does this make sense?

Those who hate and see only sin in others need to go back to their bible and find out how to love others. Till they do, they should not call themselves followers of Jesus. They are not followers of god.

I think "eunuchs from birth"-----are boys with undescended testes----but I kinda like
your interpretation. "love above that for women"-------is----not a declaration of sexual attraction------I will check with my local expert----the actual wording of that lament

"Greatly beloved were you to me;
your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.”

Jonathan and David both had wives and children. David even adopted Jonathan's son, when most would have seen only a rival to his throne and had the boy killed.

The point of the bible stores shows over and over again that God loves his children no matter their flaws or sins. He does not reject them.
How can people that read the bible reject what god does not? Do they hold themselves superior to god? Do they think they know better what is a sin and and what is not?

Even Samuel called his son a pervert. I think people should go back to reread Samuel.
Neither god nor Jesus rejected good people for being gay, or bisexual.

http://www.well.com/~aquarius/
This might help explain

*sigh* Stop projecting.

Let me translate that passage into modern terms for you:

"Bros before 'ho's".

Hope that helps.

It won't. The perverted Left has sex on the brain. They see sex everywhere, whether it's there or not.

We have seen in the news that the relatives of the church massacre could have compassion of the killer, but good christians have none for those born gay? How does this make sense? Jonathan and David both had wives and children. David even adopted Jonathan's son, when most would have seen only a rival to his throne and had the boy killed.

We have seen in the news that the relatives of the church massacre could have compassion of the killer, but good christians have none for those born gay? How does this make sense?

Jonathan and David both had wives and children. David even adopted Jonathan's son, when most would have seen only a rival to his throne and had the boy killed.

Even Samuel called his son a pervert. I think people should go back to reread Samuel.

This might help explain

*sigh* Stop projecting.

"Bros before 'ho's".

Hope that helps.

It won't. The perverted Left has sex on the brain. They see sex everywhere, whether it's there or not.

Sex is a natural part of being human. It is the way god designed our bodies, to find it enjoyable.
You don't enjoy sex?
There are only a few mammals that find sex enjoyable outside of procreation and we are lucky to be one of them.

Last edited:

Fail? Total Fail. We are Christian. Jesus was a Jew. The entire Christian faith, is built on the foundation of the Jewish Faith. If there was no Jewish faith, there would be no Christian faith.

No, David was not bi-sexual in any way. There is no possible way that one could even attempt to make that claim rationally.

You are still wrong.

The ideal of hating the sin and loving the sinner is so contrary to human nature that few true Christians can do so and so called Christians don't even try.

Racial, sexual, and religious prejudices are rooted in the lack of understanding which sows the seeds of fear and fear turns quickly into hatred.

You are still wrong.

You might want to look up the definition of "eunuch", punkin, because I don't know a single gay person who wouldn't be MIGHTILY offended by your characterization.

Here, let me help, since English clearly is a problem for you.

Eunuch -
: a castrated man placed in charge of a harem or employed as a chamberlain in a palace
: a man or boy deprived of the testes or external genitals
: one that lacks virility or power <political eunuchs>

So a "eunuch from birth" would be someone who naturally has no sex drive, not someone who is sexually attracted to the same sex.

Can you be a bigger idiot?
You're correct that is the accepted definition today. However, there is evidence that the central defining characteristics of a eunuch in the ancient world was his lack of a sexual drive for women.

http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/thesis.htm

This might help explain

*sigh* Stop projecting.

"Bros before 'ho's".

Hope that helps.

Sex is a natural part of being human. It is the way god designed our bodies, to find it enjoyable.
You don't enjoy sex?
There are only a few mammals that find sex enjoyable outside of procreation and we are lucky to be one of them.

I enjoy sex, but not so much that I see sex everywhere, even when it isn't there as you seem to.

You are still wrong.

The ideal of hating the sin and loving the sinner is so contrary to human nature that few true Christians can do so and so called Christians don't even try.

Racial, sexual, and religious prejudices are rooted in the lack of understanding which sows the seeds of fear and fear turns quickly into hatred.

What is this? A Star Wars rerun?

Again, we have no problem with repentant sinners. I'm a repentant sinner. We have guys there that committed adultery, and theft, and one was in prison...

But here's the kicker.... None of them said "Oh well I'm made this way!" or "Well I was born with a desire to cheat on my wife repeatedly" or any number of other excuses.

They all admitted it was sin, and repented.

If you are willing to repent... all is forgiven. You say "I was a homosexual, and slept with men, but it is sin, and I repent, and will never do that again"..... Welcome to the club. We all done sinful things. This is the house of repentant people. If you are one of us, welcome!

But... if you say "no no, it's not sin, the Bible doesn't say that, and I was born this way, and you should accept me blaw blaw blaw"

Then you are not one of us. And you are not welcome here. This is what being a Christian is all about. Sin, and repenting. If you don't get that, then you missed the entire point of the Bible.

You are still wrong.

Again, we have no problem with repentant sinners. I'm a repentant sinner. We have guys there that committed adultery, and theft, and one was in prison...

But here's the kicker.... None of them said "Oh well I'm made this way!" or "Well I was born with a desire to cheat on my wife repeatedly" or any number of other excuses.

If you are willing to repent... all is forgiven. You say "I was a homosexual, and slept with men, but it is sin, and I repent, and will never do that again"..... Welcome to the club. We all done sinful things. This is the house of repentant people. If you are one of us, welcome!

But... if you say "no no, it's not sin, the Bible doesn't say that, and I was born this way, and you should accept me blaw blaw blaw"

Then you are not one of us. And you are not welcome here. This is what being a Christian is all about. Sin, and repenting. If you don't get that, then you missed the entire point of the Bible.

I don't remember anything in either the NT or OT that disputes anything you have said. Contrary to popular opinion -----during the times of the "SANHEDRIN"---
people were not executed for a homosexual act-------they COULD be in deep trouble for
creating a cult or organization DEVOTED to
the promotion of homosexuality but I do not know if there is such a recorded case. As far as I can tell------the society considered the Don't ask, don't tell approach-----good enough

You are still wrong.

I don't remember anything in either the NT or OT that disputes anything you have said. Contrary to popular opinion -----during the times of the "SANHEDRIN"---
people were not executed for a homosexual act-------they COULD be in deep trouble for
the promotion of homosexuality but I do not know if there is such a recorded case. As far as I can tell------the society considered the Don't ask, don't tell approach-----good enough

I doubt they ever brought such cases before the Sanhedrin to begin with. They likely just stoned them out in the public square. Remember John 8, the woman caught in adultery? Did they bring her to the Sanhedrin? No, they just dragged her through the town, put her in the square, and started picking up stones.

I wager that's how they handled homosexuals as well.

I doubt they ever brought such cases before the Sanhedrin to begin with. They likely just stoned them out in the public square. Remember John 8, the woman caught in adultery? Did they bring her to the Sanhedrin? No, they just dragged her through the town, put her in the square, and started picking up stones.

you know absolutely nothing about that
period of time. Nope--- you are entirely
wrong. The story itself is a cautionary tale------it ain't history------. Do you often just decide that you KNOW what THEY would have done? Did you notice that the story actually makes no sense?-----a whole bunch of people are intent on stoning a person and some obscure person with no
authority passes by and makes a very conciliatory statement (which ----btw, is entirely CONSISTENT with the Pharisee approach of the time and the jurisprudence
of the time) That person is "HATED SO MUCH" that eventually the mobs FORCE
the romans to crucify him----but he wins with a mild comment. Then what? ----the
stoning victim just walks out of the hands of the RAGING MOB? Are you also going to "KNOW" that a detachment of roman soldiers came to save her?? In order to understand that story you have to have some idea as to how things were done and HOW they were expressed. It's an instructional tale. Like thousands of others found in midrashic writings----and especially in the writings of HILLEL-------
now google Hillel and you will know something about Jesus and just who he REALLY was

You are still wrong.

No, the kicker is most homosexuals do not believe that what they are doing is any more sinful than what heterosexuals are doing. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex and have sex; homosexuals are attracted to the the same sex and have sex. Imagine telling heterosexuals what they are doing is a sin, so stop doing it. Their reaction would be the same as homosexuals.

This might help explain

*sigh* Stop projecting.

"Bros before 'ho's".

Hope that helps.

You don't enjoy sex?

Enjoy? Yes. Obsess about it and project it onto everything and every relationship I see? No. They have therapy for that.

you know absolutely nothing about that
period of time. Nope--- you are entirely
wrong. The story itself is a cautionary tale------it ain't history------. Do you often just decide that you KNOW what THEY would have done? Did you notice that the story actually makes no sense?-----a whole bunch of people are intent on stoning a person and some obscure person with no
authority passes by and makes a very conciliatory statement (which ----btw, is entirely CONSISTENT with the Pharisee approach of the time and the jurisprudence
of the time) That person is "HATED SO MUCH" that eventually the mobs FORCE
the romans to crucify him----but he wins with a mild comment. Then what? ----the
stoning victim just walks out of the hands of the RAGING MOB? Are you also going to "KNOW" that a detachment of roman soldiers came to save her?? In order to understand that story you have to have some idea as to how things were done and HOW they were expressed. It's an instructional tale. Like thousands of others found in midrashic writings----and especially in the writings of HILLEL-------
now google Hillel and you will know something about Jesus and just who he REALLY was

I never said I knew everything. Can I just make up that you claim to know everything in the world, and then attack you over it?

I only bothered to answer out of curiosity. It doesn't really matter to this discussion. Whether the Sanhedrin did this, or that, doesn't make any difference whatsoever. None.

You brought it up, and I told you what I thought. Beyond that... I really don't care.

The Bottom line remains the same as it was before. The Bible makes it clear that homosexuality is a sin. It is.... a sin. Period.

That's all we really need to know. So... thanks for stopping by. Interesting discussion. Homosexuality is a sin in Christianity. The end! :)

You are still wrong.

No, the kicker is most homosexuals do not believe that what they are doing is any more sinful than what heterosexuals are doing. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex and have sex; homosexuals are attracted to the the same sex and have sex. Imagine telling heterosexuals what they are doing is a sin, so stop doing it. Their reaction would be the same as homosexuals.

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

G-d defined how relationships work, and what was pure, and what isn't.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

Thanks for stopping by. Not much more to add to that. :)

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

Right back atcha.

I've read the Bible from G to R over and over since I was a wee lad. David was not bisexual.
God wanted Adam not to fuck the girl and to stay with him in gay heaven. When Adam preferred women, god kicked them both out of Eden. Now how fucking gay is that?

The bible doesn't mention "queer" people. Not once. Doesn't even use the word.

No, it uses other words. Want a list?

Sodomites
Catamites
Immoral persons
Fornicators
Perverts
Effeminate
Homosexuals
Revilers

And hey, the Bible even calls them FAGGOTS. Don't believe me?

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelation 21:8

They shall burn like bundles of kindling.

Sodomites..........kings and associated with idols and their temples
Catamites.........no
Immoral persons
Fornicators..........anyone engaging in sex outside of marriage
Perverts............no
Effeminate..............corinthians
Homosexuals............no
Revilers......... corinthians

at least in the KJ21

The name Sodom means strength. Sodomite was a later term based on misunderstanding of the reason for the destruction.
In hebrew the term qadesh means temple prostitute, male of female. That is what in other translations has come to be written as sodomite.

If gays can marry then they would no long be accused of fornication with the person they love.

So this interpretation of 'queers' as sinful is a christian idea outside the gospels, outside the teachings of Jesus.

If you really understand the bible and choose to use an english translation, at least find one that is more accurate. Stop making sins
where there aren't.

I personally find more truth in early christian works not in the canon than anything from Paul. Even the gospels were picked for political purposes and not for being factual or even inspirational. If you don't understand this you did not study how and why the codex was compiled and standardized. Nor do you understand the original text, translations are not accurate and translations of translations are worse.

Jesus might have used his own style of parables but the lessons he taught were OT. He was not teaching a new religion, but he was however including all people, even those on the fringe of society......that would include gays, not just the lame, diseases, those who have sex outside of marriage, tax collectors, soldiers, or those who are not born and raised jews.

You are lying.

Sodomites, people who commit sodomy. Sodomy, anal, oral sex, and other sexual deviance.
Catamites Yes.
Immoral persons
Fornicators Yes, which would include homosexuals because only people of the opposite sex can be married according to G-d.
Perverts Yes.
Effeminate Men who act as women.
Homosexuals Yes.
Revilers Mean they are to be reviled. Not a positive thing.

You lied that entire post.
Is anal sex between a man and a woman ok?

The bible doesn't mention "queer" people. Not once. Doesn't even use the word.

No, it uses other words. Want a list?

Sodomites
Catamites
Immoral persons
Fornicators
Perverts
Effeminate
Homosexuals
Revilers

And hey, the Bible even calls them FAGGOTS. Don't believe me?

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelation 21:8

They shall burn like bundles of kindling.

Sodomites..........kings and associated with idols and their temples
Catamites.........no
Immoral persons
Fornicators..........anyone engaging in sex outside of marriage
Perverts............no
Effeminate..............corinthians
Homosexuals............no
Revilers......... corinthians

at least in the KJ21

The name Sodom means strength. Sodomite was a later term based on misunderstanding of the reason for the destruction.
In hebrew the term qadesh means temple prostitute, male of female. That is what in other translations has come to be written as sodomite.

If gays can marry then they would no long be accused of fornication with the person they love.

So this interpretation of 'queers' as sinful is a christian idea outside the gospels, outside the teachings of Jesus.

If you really understand the bible and choose to use an english translation, at least find one that is more accurate. Stop making sins
where there aren't.

I personally find more truth in early christian works not in the canon than anything from Paul. Even the gospels were picked for political purposes and not for being factual or even inspirational. If you don't understand this you did not study how and why the codex was compiled and standardized. Nor do you understand the original text, translations are not accurate and translations of translations are worse.

Jesus might have used his own style of parables but the lessons he taught were OT. He was not teaching a new religion, but he was however including all people, even those on the fringe of society......that would include gays, not just the lame, diseases, those who have sex outside of marriage, tax collectors, soldiers, or those who are not born and raised jews.

You are lying.

Sodomites, people who commit sodomy. Sodomy, anal, oral sex, and other sexual deviance.
Catamites Yes.
Immoral persons
Fornicators Yes, which would include homosexuals because only people of the opposite sex can be married according to G-d.
Perverts Yes.
Effeminate Men who act as women.
Homosexuals Yes.
Revilers Mean they are to be reviled. Not a positive thing.

You lied that entire post.
Is anal sex between a man and a woman ok?

Not according to scripture and not according to Jewish tradition.

Many would be interested to note that female homosexuality isn't forbidden in the Old Testament.

Female homosexuality is first addressed in the book of Romans.

If you mean me telling other people how to run their business, yeah, I have no intention of doing that.

If you mean others telling me whom I must serve... no. I will continue to operate according to my faith, and if you don't like that... too bad. You can't stop me. You can fine me... you can arrest me... you can imprison me... you can even kill me. But no, you will not stop me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back