"What Do You Want Me To Say About Slavery"? Bye Nikki

who?

and they CONSISTENTLY had no other reasons?
any talk of "states rights" at the conventions was associated with a purported "right" to allow bondage.
In 1860 slavery was legal in the US, therefore a state right. The democrats seized on it

Back up, regroup and try again
in 1860 slavery was a state issue, but states were listed by agreements like the missouri compromise,. the 14th amendment (confirming the case settled at appomattox courthouse)got it right. a state no longer had a "right" to oppress its own people,

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.

See, this is a great example of how stupid liberals are. Some idiot liberal hits Haley with an intentional gotcha question. Of course Haley is going to give the kind of answer she gave. She's from South Carolina currently running in the Republican primary. If she were to get nominated and asked this question amidst the General election, she would have been better positioned to provide a more friendly response. All this liberal moron can possibly accomplish is to hurt Haley with the semi-rational Republicans left in the country who are looking for a viable alternative to Donald Trump.

Democrats would be smart to jump on the Nikki Haley train at this point. Going all in on geriatric Biden is not a very safe bet. Time and time again Democrats make the mistake of believing the only way they can win elections is to turn out the vote with the noisiest 10% of Americans who are as far left as the ship can manage before it capsizes--and it loses time and time again. They were losing their minds in 2020 over Joe Biden not being left enough, but sure enough the moderate didn't just win, he won by flipping Arizona and Georgia of all states.

Joe Biden is old. He's a very risky proposition of a candidate at this point. And really, I don't think Joe Biden even really wants to run. But he knows that Democrats don't have anyone else who fills the correct space on the political spectrum to beat Donald Trump. Or, at the very least, they don't have the will to get behind any of the few other people on their team who that space. If liberals aren't going to b smart enough to offer up a Conor Lamb type centrist who has a strong chance of winning, then they should at least be smart enough to tolerate someone like Haley. She's a strong, tough woman and she would absolutely do a good job, even if you don't necessarily like her policies. And best of all is that she's probably the best chance out there to help turn the Republican party away from Donald Trump.

what "everything" does it tell me?----did she claim to have delivered EVERY reason for the
civil war in an OFF THE CUFF answer?
What it tells me is that to you naming slavery as a reason for the civil war is to be avoided.

Let me put it like this. If anyone would describe 9/11 as a "disagreement between Osama Bin Laden and the US government over the precence of American troops in Saudi Arabia." It would leave out some pretty major facts in the characterization. You would undoubtedly understand that it's an attempt to minimize what occurred and find it offensive to all the victims.

But you are perfectly comfortable and seemingly fail to understand that minimizing slavery, is insulting to the descendants of the victims.

Last edited:
any talk of "states rights" at the conventions was associated with a purported "right" to allow bondage.

in 1860 slavery was a state issue, but states were listed by agreements like the missouri compromise,. the 14th amendment (confirming the case settled at appomattox courthouse)got it right. a state no longer had a "right" to oppress its own people,
the 14th amendment did not exist until AFTER the civil war ended

What it tells me is that to you naming slavery as a reason for the civil war is to be avoided.

Let me put it like this. If anyone would describe 9/11 as a "disagreement between Osama Bin Laden and the US government over the precence of American troops in Saudi Arabia." I would leave out some pretty major facts in the characterization. You would undoubtedly understand that it's an attempt to minimize what occurred and find it offensive to all the victims.

But you are perfectly comfortable and seemingly fail to understand that minimizing slavery, is insulting to the descendants of the victims.
wrong---if someone was being questioned and gave an off the cuff answer ----"Osama was miffed over the presence of American Troops in
Saudi Arabia"-----I would not assume that the answer was COMPREHENSIVE

Children are slaves today?

Is this a joke, or is it just Qanon again?

Does this involve pizza?

:confused-84:
i don't know about this one, mac, IF there are slaves they must be freed, and i'll certainly help, but if SassyIrishLass knows where any slaves are located they can be free post haste.

if there are slaves they probably include plenty of haitian children rescued by evangelical groups for housework and such.

It's hard to understand why anyone in this so called great nation thought owning another human being was in some way ok. That thinking came from ignorance, stupidity, and for a nation we are told was founded on Judea Christian values, slavery was as anti Christian as it gets. Any founding father who was ok with slavery has zero respect in my world.

States left the Union because of slavery but the civil war wasnt over slavery. It was about the economy.
Lincoln said so. That tyrant piece of shit even said he would back a slavery amendment to the constitution.
Come on people. Fuck.

It's hard to understand why anyone in this so called great nation thought owning another human being was in some way ok. That thinking came from ignorance, stupidity, and for a nation we are told was founded on Judea Christian values, slavery was as anti Christian as it gets. Any founding father who was ok with slavery has zero respect in my world.
EVERY NATION practiced slavery.

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.
The dumb RINO broad gets most things wrong but she got that one right.

However, her knowing the real history didn't prevent her from taking down the Confederate flag in SC to kiss the ass of the hateful Negro shit.

States left the Union because of slavery but the civil war wasnt over slavery. It was about the economy.
Lincoln said so. That tyrant piece of shit even said he would back a slavery amendment to the constitution.
Come on people. Fuck.

Sorry, it was about slavery.

And a lot of stupid inbreds in the south removed themselves from the gene pool in the process. Unfortunately, not enough of them, though.

Congratulations. You just revived the whole CRT conversation again, in schools and kitchen tables all across America.

Good job.
I've never seen any group embrace their self-delusions more than conservatives.

This is the group that thinks the insurrection was cause by there not being enough police present to stop them...as if the guys smashing windows, trying to take lawmakers as hostages, assaulting cops had no role to play in it. So maybe that incredibly dumb answer on slavery shouldn't surprise me.

wrong---if someone was being questioned and gave an off the cuff answer ----"Osama was miffed over the presence of American Troops in
Saudi Arabia"-----I would not assume that the answer was COMPREHENSIVE
Lol so you wouldn't be able to sus out that describing a terrorist attack on the US killing thousands as a "disagreement" is a poor attempt at minimization?

Sorry, it was about slavery.

And a lot of stupid inbreds in the south removed themselves from the gene pool in the process. Unfortunately, not enough of them, though.
No, it wasnt. Our history is more complicated than a fifth grade social studies book.

Forum List

Back