"What Do You Want Me To Say About Slavery"? Bye Nikki

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Hey Nikki, repeat after me: It - Was - About - Slavery

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.

Nikki Haley on Wednesday was asked about the cause of the Civil War, and her reply went viral in the worst way.

Great question. It should be asked over and over again to all of the candidates, so the country can watch them cringe as they answer ir it wrong.

She cannot be honest about it or she will lose any support she has gained.

Everyone knows it was about a state's right to leave the Union.

A Union held together at the point of a bayonet by the threat of invasion is just a hostage situation.
Lol, I'm pretty sure the South was upset about a particular "right."

The "right" to hold other people in bondage.

But hey if shrouding slavery in a euphemism helps, have at it.

The more interesting bit, and the whole reason for this going viral is the fact that to a Republican presidential candidate acknowledgement of slavery is considered political disadvantageous.

This in itself says something about the Republican base.

what was "wrong" about the answer? Anyone who imagines that slavery was the only reason for the Civil War is wrong

Lol, I'm pretty sure the South was upset about a particular "right."

The "right" to hold other people in bondage.

But hey if shrouding slavery in a euphemism helps, have at it.

The more interesting bit, and the whole reason for this going viral is the fact that to a Republican presidential candidate acknowledgement of slavery is considered political disadvantageous.

This in itself says something about the Republican base.
Yup the State right they left over was slavery. And it was stupid Lincoln, and the republicans did not have the power in 1860 to get rid of slavery. What the south was worried about was that they would prevent new states joining the Union that were slave states and eventually would have the votes to outlaw slavery. So they went to war and lost the issue when they probably had 20 more years if they hadn't.

Forum List

Back