What do you think would happen if fundagelicals called the shots?

Can you imagine a USA where “Christians” basically have their way?

What are you, a fear monger? It would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys......

Aren't they supposed to translate what they are saying in public too?

When Jesus said strange things that the disciples didn't understand, sometimes they asked him to translate or clarify and sometimes he did but he was speaking in their native tongue not gibbering or squeaking like he was possessed by a demon,

Speaking in tongues, a strange language, is about speaking the language of the prophets who spoke for God about things that settle over peoples heads like a flame. Like a mighty wind that went whoosh, right over their head..

This language translates perfectly and can be easily understood in every language.

Last edited:
Can you imagine a USA where “Christians” basically have their way?

What are you, a fear monger? It would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys......

Aren't they supposed to translate what they are saying in public too?

When Jesus said strange things that the disciples didn't understand, sometimes they asked him to translate or clarify and sometimes he did but he was speaking in their native tongue not gibbering or squeaking like he was possessed by a demon,
If I recall correctly Paul laid it out and if they cannot translate they should keep it to themselves. Some of these Christians do not believe that they can be possessed by demons but they can if they open the doors for them whether through denial of truth, utterance of an unrighteous nature, etc......

It is amazing to me the degree to which the religious right has infiltrated our government. It is unprecedented. I can just picture a future where the bible, or at least their interpretation of it, is made to dictate all of our behavior. And make no mistake about it – that IS what they are going for! Not all of them of course, probably not even most, but still far too many. The Dominionist version of the Christian religion is closer to Trump's ear of any other spiritual leaders! It's not even close! And it's unbelievable the stuff that has come out of these "spiritual leader's" mouths! If they ever gained power, who knows where it could lead! It's genuinely frightening!

It should be obvious to everyone that Trump is using the religious right for his own personal ambitions. He has from the start. And the religious right's unbelievable gullibility in unquestioningly lust after any and every stupid thing that he says and does, and then justifying or otherwise side-stepping the obvious hypocrisy of it, leaves me floored! It is so appalling to me! As a former evangelical Christian, it infuriates me! He is everything that Jesus wasn't. He's a detestable human being. But does that bother the religious right?

Nope.

Why is that?

Here's why: We all know that Trump is using the religious right for his own selfish ends, and they have caved to him every time. But what we don't hear near enough about is how the religious right is also using Trump! Why? Because he is getting them closer to the power they crave! That's what's they really want – power!

Can you imagine a USA where “Christians” basically have their way? Believe it or not, this scenario could actually pan out. If you look at the trend, it doesn't look good those of us sane people who don't want other people's religious beliefs forced upon the populace. So for just a moment, let's hypothetically consider the long-term effects of a Christian takeover of all our government. What do you think would happen after that?
If it weren't for our secular laws (Constitution) protecting us, it would be like a christer Iran. Just look at the Puritans as an example.

It is amazing to me the degree to which the religious right has infiltrated our government. It is unprecedented. I can just picture a future where the bible, or at least their interpretation of it, is made to dictate all of our behavior. And make no mistake about it – that IS what they are going for! Not all of them of course, probably not even most, but still far too many. The Dominionist version of the Christian religion is closer to Trump's ear of any other spiritual leaders! It's not even close! And it's unbelievable the stuff that has come out of these "spiritual leader's" mouths! If they ever gained power, who knows where it could lead! It's genuinely frightening!

It should be obvious to everyone that Trump is using the religious right for his own personal ambitions. He has from the start. And the religious right's unbelievable gullibility in unquestioningly lust after any and every stupid thing that he says and does, and then justifying or otherwise side-stepping the obvious hypocrisy of it, leaves me floored! It is so appalling to me! As a former evangelical Christian, it infuriates me! He is everything that Jesus wasn't. He's a detestable human being. But does that bother the religious right?

Nope.

Why is that?

Here's why: We all know that Trump is using the religious right for his own selfish ends, and they have caved to him every time. But what we don't hear near enough about is how the religious right is also using Trump! Why? Because he is getting them closer to the power they crave! That's what's they really want – power!

Can you imagine a USA where “Christians” basically have their way? Believe it or not, this scenario could actually pan out. If you look at the trend, it doesn't look good those of us sane people who don't want other people's religious beliefs forced upon the populace. So for just a moment, let's hypothetically consider the long-term effects of a Christian takeover of all our government. What do you think would happen after that?
If it weren't for our secular laws (Constitution) protecting us, it would be like a christer Iran. Just look at the Puritans as an example.
You know the Constitution was written by Christians.

Nope.

Why is that?

which one - the Articles of Confederation was written by your type "Christian conservatives" that constitution deservedly failed. the present U S Constitution was written by Liberal Revolutionaries that wrote as Liberal a document as possible for the time it was written - as much so as to deliberately prevent your type of christian from ever controlling our secular gov't.

Many Christian conservatives want a smaller, less intrusive government.

there is only one kind ...

they just want everything for themselves, "conservative" is simply proof their 4th century bible is nothing more than a political document they disguise as a religion.

Nope.

Why is that?

which one - the Articles of Confederation was written by your type "Christian conservatives" that constitution deservedly failed. the present U S Constitution was written by Liberal Revolutionaries that wrote as Liberal a document as possible for the time it was written - as much so as to deliberately prevent your type of christian from ever controlling our secular gov't.
What? The U.S. has elected many who favor a limited government. Grover Cleveland comes to mind.

Why do you like an all-powerful centralized state? Are you a fan of Mussolini?

Nope.

Why is that?

That is not true. Some may of been Baptized as Christians, they were Unitarians and deists mainly . Paine was an influence for them, they came from the age of reason.

Nope.

Why is that?

That is not true. Some may of been Baptized as Christians, they were Unitarians and deists mainly .
Madison was a Christian. According to his biographer "He accepted its tenets generally and formed his outlook on life within its world view."

Many of the Founding Fathers were Christians.

The Founding Fathers on Jesus, Christianity and the Bible - WallBuilders

Paine was an influence for them, they came from the age of reason.
Paine became isolated from the other founding fathers.

Gays and trans would be killed
Are you planning on a move to the Middle Eastern Islamic states?

In a nation with mostly Christians you simply do not get to dictate abnormal as being normal. You do not get access to other peoples children or get to dictate policy that degrades another persons rights to believe in God and teach their children about the Holy Spirit, the Father and the Son.

Nope.

Why is that?

That is not true. Some may of been Baptized as Christians, they were Unitarians and deists mainly .
Madison was a Christian. According to his biographer "He accepted its tenets generally and formed his outlook on life within its world view."

Many of the Founding Fathers were Christians.

The Founding Fathers on Jesus, Christianity and the Bible - WallBuilders

Paine was an influence for them, they came from the age of reason.
Paine became isolated from the other founding fathers.

It was not founded on or as a theocracy.

Forum List

Back