What do you think would happen if fundagelicals called the shots?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by godsandmen, Oct 27, 2017.

1. godsandmen

godsandmen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    It is amazing to me the degree to which the religious right has infiltrated our government. It is unprecedented. I can just picture a future where the bible, or at least their interpretation of it, is made to dictate all of our behavior. And make no mistake about it – that IS what they are going for! Not all of them of course, probably not even most, but still far too many. The Dominionist version of the Christian religion is closer to Trump's ear of any other spiritual leaders! It's not even close! And it's unbelievable the stuff that has come out of these "spiritual leader's" mouths! If they ever gained power, who knows where it could lead! It's genuinely frightening!

It should be obvious to everyone that Trump is using the religious right for his own personal ambitions. He has from the start. And the religious right's unbelievable gullibility in unquestioningly lust after any and every stupid thing that he says and does, and then justifying or otherwise side-stepping the obvious hypocrisy of it, leaves me floored! It is so appalling to me! As a former evangelical Christian, it infuriates me! He is everything that Jesus wasn't. He's a detestable human being. But does that bother the religious right?

Nope.

Why is that?

Here's why: We all know that Trump is using the religious right for his own selfish ends, and they have caved to him every time. But what we don't hear near enough about is how the religious right is also using Trump! Why? Because he is getting them closer to the power they crave! That's what's they really want – power!

Can you imagine a USA where “Christians” basically have their way? Believe it or not, this scenario could actually pan out. If you look at the trend, it doesn't look good those of us sane people who don't want other people's religious beliefs forced upon the populace. So for just a moment, let's hypothetically consider the long-term effects of a Christian takeover of all our government. What do you think would happen after that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,499
    We're heading in the same direction as Turkey at this moment. We're damn lucky we have a constitutions and separate branches of government set up in a way to offer some safe guards, but it wouldn't take very many more elections at the state level to change all this.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,644
    stopped reading there.

The level of 'fucking stewpud' needed to say that, as your intro line, simply boggles the mind.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. godsandmen

godsandmen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    It's scary dude! I'm not liking the direction that things are going right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,188
    You're absolutely right.

The show "The Handmaiden's Tale" comes to mind.

The world would be like that if it were up to the religious right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. godsandmen

godsandmen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82

I've never watched that, but now I definitely will!

7. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,188
    I highly recommend it.

And if you want to see a vision of what the world would look like if we let the fascist White Supremacists take over watch "The Man In The High Castle."

In fact I'm about to watch another episode now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. godsandmen

godsandmen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82

Thanks! I always appreciate good tips about things to watch! Sounds great!

9. Thunderbird

Thunderbird Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    Wow, what an incredibly stupid conspiracy theory!

Back in reality: the government is often hostile to religious folk, sometimes depriving them of basic rights.

California Threatens Jail Time for Dissenters from the New Transgender Dogma

When Is a Ban on Abortions ‘Extreme’?

Exposed: Christian Students Rejected, Failed, and Expelled for their Faith by State Colleges and Universities | American Center for Law and Justice

So funny.

Why do you say "The Dominionist version of the Christian religion is closer to Trump's ear of any other spiritual leaders!" What's your evidence?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,499
    If the religious fascist take over completely we'd be a christian version of Turkey in some ways and in other ways 1780's France.

Lets just say that wealth will mean everything as they'll abolish the public sector, while maintaining religious prison state that will be truly ugly...Maybe I'll look like a mixture of Turkey, 1780's France and North Korea. Either way it won't be good.

1780's france when it comes to the treatment of the poor with the higher class having all the power.
    Turkey with the religious shit
    North Korea with the abusive prison state that enforces the religious shit.