What is the movie(s) you've been watching lately?

I am on a big geek out over the new Dune.
Was a huge fan of Frank Herbert's books and the new movie is the best adaptation to date of what was once considered an unfilmable novel.
A few minor differences in the story line, but visually stunning.

Watching 3 Body Problem on Netflix and so far find it intriguing.

What did you think of the Dune mini-series from Sci-Fi?

I think the last movie I watched was Sergeant York. :dunno:

It wasn't the 1st time, but I enjoyed it just the same.

It's harder to find the other movies that ran with this in the theaters back in the day.

What did you think of the Dune mini-series from Sci-Fi?
The original Dune movie was good. Not very many movies stay true to the book.

That and the animated "The Hobbit" do.

Here's "Dune"

I should find the old Hobbit, that was good, with the animated gollum. Gollum, my preciouss.

Last edited:
Watching 3 Body Problem on Netflix and so far find it intriguing.
I started watching 3 Body Problem and almost turned it off because of the stupid and unecessary DEI crap and all the annoying smoking but I stuck with it. I now completed the third episode and plan to finish it. It seems to be getting better each episode.

Here's "Dune"

I should find the old Hobbit, that was good, with the animated gollum. Gollum, my preciouss.

Here's "Dune"

Now I remember why I walked out on this movie when it first came out, it's the sound One needs to really strain to hear the dialog in some scenes. Other scenes and dialog seem to have no relevance to the story. It has a great look and interesting characters and special effects some actors seem miscast in their roles. It has a great story and Great look to the movie. I will watch all the way through this time. Thanks for posting.

I was reminded of this great movie from another thread. This final scene gave me the creeps as a young boy sitting in the dark.
of a local movie house. Fine acting by all performers in this classic movie.

When I tried to watch Life of Brian I noped out at the skit with the political factions. I could try again and skip that part. With a movie length to fill, some of the skits ran a bit too long.

Forum List

Back