What do you think of an employer that does this?

orogenicman

Darwin was a pastafarian
Jul 24, 2013
My niece has developed problems with her gall bladder, and has missed days at her new job (she has been in very bad shape). The place where she has been working has a policy of no missed days for the first six months (a common probationary period). A couple of days ago she was in such bad shape that she was admitted to the hospital for further testing. She was released after a day, but her doctor had scheduled her to have surgery. He also wrote her a note for her work. She called her manager to tell him that she had a note from her doctor but that she would try to come in if it meant keeping her job. He told her that HR had already fired her. She called HR and they said the manager had fired her. Now she not only doesn't have a job, she has no insurance and is facing an expensive operation and convalescence, and still has a family with three children to raise.

I think that any employer that does this to its employees, particularly one like her that they admitted was a good worker, is dastardly and not worth working for. So my question is should employers be allowed to do this to new employees?

This is disgusting. No, they shouldn't if a state exists.

Yes it is. Our family is very upset over it. She is an awesome gal, and a great mother who doesn't deserve this. It is going to be hard on them.

Have you niece go to Legal Aid.

They will sort the company out immediately, and if not, LA will have its pro bono lawyers begin the court and state remedies on her behalf.

My niece has developed problems with her gall bladder, and has missed days at her new job (she has been in very bad shape). The place where she has been working has a policy of no missed days for the first six months (a common probationary period). A couple of days ago she was in such bad shape that she was admitted to the hospital for further testing. She was released after a day, but her doctor had scheduled her to have surgery. He also wrote her a note for her work. She called her manager to tell him that she had a note from her doctor but that she would try to come in if it meant keeping her job. He told her that HR had already fired her. She called HR and they said the manager had fired her. Now she not only doesn't have a job, she has no insurance and is facing an expensive operation and convalescence, and still has a family with three children to raise.

I think that any employer that does this to its employees, particularly one like her that they admitted was a good worker, is dastardly and not worth working for. So my question is should employers be allowed to do this to new employees?
"allowed"?

did she know her condition before hand?

did she go on the aca?

can she go on UE
can she get financial aid

can you, as her brother, man the fuck up and help her?

pussy

"allowed"?

did she go on the aca?

can she go on UE

pussy
Youre a real ass hole
blow me

shit happens and you are making a judgment call with half a fake story, just like every pathetic leftist does ever time

"allowed"?

did she go on the aca?

can she go on UE

pussy
Youre a real ass hole
blow me

shit happens and you are making a judgment call with half a fake story, just like every pathetic leftist does ever time
Yeah, assuming you know that it is fake and you know anything about his life. :finger3:

we got 1/2 a story, that's probably a complete lie that's totally made up. and he never mentioned he was helping, b/c it's a fake story
You are a fake paid poster, you fuck up. :lol: Legail Aid will sort all of that out. More power for the companies to do what they should.

"allowed"?

did she go on the aca?

can she go on UE

pussy
Youre a real ass hole
blow me

Im not making a judgment call on the situation- YOU MADE ONE, hypocrite!! derp derp derp.
yea right

I'm calling a liar a liar

you saying bs stories like this don't exist?

you think we should force companies to keep people?

more tyranny for the leftist, YEA
Im saying you dont have the first fucking clue if its fake...

But took it anyway and made a "judgment call,"

Then made a post dismissing people who make judgment calls...directed specifically (even worse) at someone who DIDNT.

you are a fat fucking fail here on all levels.

we got 1/2 a story, that's probably a complete lie that's totally made up. and he never mentioned he was helping, b/c it's a fake story
You are a fake paid poster, you fuck up. :lol: Legail Aid will sort all of that out. More power for the companies to do what they should.
was she sick when she got hired?

if so, fuck her, b/c she was trying to use the company.

what happened at her old job?

really, this reeks of complete lies

"allowed"?

did she go on the aca?

can she go on UE

pussy
Youre a real ass hole
blow me

Im not making a judgment call on the situation- YOU MADE ONE, hypocrite!! derp derp derp.
yea right

I'm calling a liar a liar

you saying bs stories like this don't exist?

you think we should force companies to keep people?

more tyranny for the leftist, YEA
Im saying you dont have the first fucking clue if its fake...

But took it anyway and made a "judgment call,"

Then made a post dismissing people who make judgment calls...directed specifically (even worse) at someone who DIDNT.

you are a fat fucking fail here on all levels.
and you are assuming he's telling the truth

what you did is called 'projection'.

this is what happens in non-union places....sorry to say Oro,but if the company has a policy about attendance,than thats the policy,its fucked up of them since this is somewhat different than just calling in saying you dont feel good.....but 90% of the companies out there can care less about the welfare of its employees,something happens to you,tough shit.....they expect loyalty from you but they dont feel they need to return any....i delivered mail for 33 years and have heard this story hundreds of times over the years from people on the route....

I would be very surprised if an employer did that to a good employee.
Hell,I started pretty much every job I ever had with a weeks vacation after two months.
You just tell em you have a trip planned and paid for and they'll always let you have it...assuming after two months you've proven your worth.

I would be very surprised if an employer did that to a good employee.
Hell,I started pretty much every job I ever had with a weeks vacation after two months.
You just tell em you have a trip planned and paid for and they'll always let you have it...assuming after two months you've proven your worth.
Amazing since I have never heard of a vacation being paid for after 2 months employed with a company...

this is what happens in non-union places....sorry to say Oro,but if the company has a policy about attendance,than thats the policy,its fucked up of them since this is somewhat different than just calling in saying you dont feel good.....but 90% of the companies out there can care less about the welfare of its employees,something happens to you,tough shit.....they expect loyalty from you but they dont feel they need to return any....i delivered mail for 33 years and have heard this story hundreds of times over the years from people on the route....

What a load of horseshit.
If you're any good at what you do they arent going to fire you.

Doesn't life just suck?

Forum List

Back