What do you like the most about your country America ?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, could you please tell me what you like the most, the history, the people, the food, etc

What make you proud to be American....:)

fuxpi9.jpg

Thank you Pogo for your answer, She has been changed many times.
Since the Constitution came into force in 1789, it has been amended 27 times to meet the changing needs of a nation now profoundly different from the eighteenth-century world in which its creators lived

All of the above.
Our freedom. Being the land of opportunity.
There is just so much, I could go on forever.

Best guess is that the Cherokee beat Columbus by 3,500 years (1620 BC) But we kind of like it here.

What do I like the most about this country? Being able to go from the Atlantic to the Pacific without being stopped or having to show a passport. And the freedom to do so is pretty good as well. We have a beautiful country, and I've been to 49 of the states.

Thank you Pogo for your answer, She has been changed many times.
Since the Constitution came into force in 1789, it has been amended 27 times to meet the changing needs of a nation now profoundly different from the eighteenth-century world in which its creators lived

Bien sur, and they are all part of the Constitution to fine-tune as needs arise and as times change. There is even one Amendment in there making liquor illegal and another one canceling the first one. They all stay.

But the most important and vital parts -- the Liberal idea that power derives from the consent of the governed and that citizens have the unassailable right to freedom of thought --- remains the basis. Not that we have not at times allowed those rights to be ignored, sadly, but it remains our philosophical refuge.

Hello, could you please tell me what you like the most, the history, the people, the food, etc

]

The Constitution. The Declaration of Independence.
200 years of Democratic elected government with peaceful transitions.
The melting pot of people- and the food they bring with them. And the people in general- I like Americans.

Of course I am not responsible for any of those things- but they are all things I admire about our country.

Then we have the grand landscapes- Yellowstone and Yosemite. The Grand Canyon. Puget Sound. The Delaware Bay- I can't even begin to touch on all of the marvelous places in the United States.

The Constitution. :)

"If we can keep it"

could not have said it better myself. whats sad is the constitution thanks to a corrupt government has not existed since 1913.sad but true.the last president who followed the constitution paid the price for it on nov 22nd 1963.

View attachment 171003

The best part is vast oceans separate the US from Europe and Asia.

And the worst part is having to share the joint with this ^^ kind of knuckledragger moronity.

I do envy (e.g.) Europe for its ready access to cultural/linguistic diversity. Perhaps it's that dearth of such intellectual challenge that brings about this bizarre hide-under-the-blanket paranoia. :dunno:

View attachment 171003

And the worst part is having to share the joint with this ^^ kind of knuckledragger moronity.

I do envy (e.g.) Europe for its ready access to cultural/linguistic diversity. Perhaps it's that dearth of such intellectual challenge that brings about this bizarre hide-under-the-blanket paranoia. :dunno:

Diversity -- here having the meaning of North Africans and Central Africans everywhere.

Great.

Really great.

View attachment 171003
Carrying my own 45ACP automatic Colt pistol on my person wherever I go including to Church.

In case Jeebus up on the cross happens to chirp "actually I'm not quite dead -- I think I could pull through"?

This one goes under Post 15.

View attachment 171003

Diversity -- here having the meaning of North Africans and Central Africans everywhere.

Great.

Really great.

I had a great time with the North Africans when I lived in Europe. :thup:
They were my best friends. We all looked out for each other.

Forum List

Back