What do you like the most about your country America ?

Hello, could you please tell me what you like the most, the history, the people, the food, etc

What make you proud to be American....:)

What makes me proud is when you have people who profit from disasters becoming very vocal with their complaints regarding the number of regular Americans responding to a disaster to the extent there is no profit to be made. You have people with very little offering whatever they can in the moments of that crisis because they can.

Hello, could you please tell me what you like the most, the history, the people, the food, etc

View attachment 171003

The best part is vast oceans separate the US from Europe and Asia.

And the worst part is having to share the joint with this ^^ kind of knuckledragger moronity.

I do envy (e.g.) Europe for its ready access to cultural/linguistic diversity. Perhaps it's that dearth of such intellectual challenge that brings about this bizarre hide-under-the-blanket paranoia. :dunno:

The best part of the US is Hawaii. It is the most isolated land in the world, which is why it is referred to as paradise.

No doubt, Rocket man will destroy it cuz that's just how humanity rolls.

View attachment 171003

And the worst part is having to share the joint with this ^^ kind of knuckledragger moronity.

I do envy (e.g.) Europe for its ready access to cultural/linguistic diversity. Perhaps it's that dearth of such intellectual challenge that brings about this bizarre hide-under-the-blanket paranoia. :dunno:

The best part of the US is Hawaii. It is the most isolated land in the world, which is why it is referred to as paradise.

No doubt, Rocket man will destroy it cuz that's just how humanity rolls.

You know, I had the opportunity to spend a couple of weeks in Hawaii back in 2001 and took it. Gotta say, you're right, it IS one of the more beautiful places in the USA. Especially up around the North Shore, at places like 3 Tables and Shark's Bay.

My nation, the United States of America, was founded on the ideals stated in the Declaration of Independence. We have been working on living up to those ideals since they were stated in 1776. It has cost us a Civil War, thousands of lives cut short by bigotry, but we are far closer to them than when we started. I like the fact that where I live and work there are people from many different nations, and different cultures. That there are many wide and lonely areas left in the nation where a man or woman can go to get their head on straight. That there are many beautiful urban areas with great universities where one can learn so much about this world we live in. I love the various festivals of the different cultures that have created this nation. The Pow Wows, Highland Games, Cinco de Mayo, Oktoberfest, and many other cultural celebrations have people of all different backgrounds and ethnicities celebrating their differences and their sameness as humans, in the joy of living. I love the variety of music, from jazz, blues, bluegrass, cajun, and great classical available almost anywhere live.

I find no need to denigrate other nations or ethnicities, for all nations have times of greatness, and times of failure. But America is my home, and I love it.

View attachment 171003

Ignorant nonsense ^^^^^^^

I’ve seen people of many backgrounds find ways to make their lives better through hard work and creative ideas. Many have started tiny businesses and through sheer hard work and discipline built those into bigger, stronger, surprisingly prosperous businesses. It’s still possible for anyone to be successful in this country if they’re willing to put in the needed effort, and if they have a viable idea that benefits and is needed by others.

I also love the way Americans come together in a crisis, work together, and find a way to prevail. We are going through difficult times right now. Our country is divided politically and there is a lot of hateful partisanship. But I believe there is a strength and resilience and, especially, a deep love for this country that will enable us to overcome and repair even the terrible damage and divisions that trump is causing. We will find a way to get through this awful pothole in the road. We will learn from our recent political mistakes and, hopefully, we will never repeat them.

View attachment 171003

some people like to hide under comforters :badgrin:

View attachment 171003

some people like to hide under comforters :badgrin:

Yep, and we don't miss them as long as they stay under there but a far bigger concern on the negative side is our culture of violence-obsession, already cited here in posts 7, 16 and 30. You just don't get that mentality in most places. And second behind that is this culture's obsession with sex. In both cases as soon as one leaves for another country one can literally feel them lifted off one's shoulders. As if you suddenly broke free of adolescence and, however temporarily, joined the world of adults.

Thank you all for your responses. one thing that I noticed too
you're really good at cinema no one play better than you Americans, here in France the actors are not really good

Maybe I'm just biased but I think we have better emergency sirens here, or at least our dogs like them.

What I like best about the States in 2018 is what many immigrants come here for: economic opportunity.

Anyone (regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc.) who gets a good education, who works hard, and who has a good attitude can go further than other ordinary people can do in most other nations.

Forum List

Back