What do you have?

I have a soul, I have a brain, and I have the ability to choose what I would like to do. That is pretty much all I came into this world with.

Over the years, I've learned to have a deep faith in a Higher Power (I prefer to call Him Father), and I know that there is something much larger out there that looks out for me, and occasionally helps me out if I'm paying attention. God doesn't just speak to us in small still voices like our conscience, but He also speaks to us via coincidences, because that is where we see His hand at work (IMHO).

I'll give you one example of an incident where God was asking me what I wanted to do...................

When I was 16, I was living in foster care with a family that didn't really treat me like they were supposed to, and I got tired of it one day and ran away. Well, I got to the runaway center in Helena MT (also where the foster program was based) after leaving Missoula MT, and spent the night there. The next day, they contacted my case worker and he told me that I either had to pay rent at the runaway home (80 bucks/nite), or I would have to go back to the foster family. I said okay, and went back to the bus station to go back to Missoula. Well, apparently the bus was running early, because just as I got there, the bus was pulling out. I called back to my case worker and told him what happened, and he said to wait for the next bus and go back.

Well.................I really didn't want to go back, and I still had around 30 bucks in my pocket, so I asked how much for a ticket to Chicago. That was more money than I had, so I asked where the next bus out was going. They told me Great Falls MT, which also happened to be where my Grandparents lived, so I asked how much and got a ticket for 25 bucks and rode to Great Falls.

Now here's where it gets weird...................I was walking from the bus station to Vaughn (small town on the outskirts of Great Falls), and got hungry, so I stopped at a truck stop on the edge of town. Well, after I ate (still had 50 cents left), I was walking through the parking lot, and 3 guys in a VW pulled up and asked if I needed a ride. I said sure, where ya going? And they said Missoula MT. I told them that I only needed to get to Vaughn and that would be far enough (about 6 miles).

Well..................I KNEW that if I ran away back to my Grandparents, I was walking out on a full college scholarship that would be provided by the foster organization if I stayed, but if I went back, yeah, I could go to college, but I would also be stuck for another year and a half in a miserable situation, so I chose to live the last year or so with my Grandparents, miss out on college, and join the military.

That one night was Father asking me if I was sure that I wanted out or not, because I could have gone either way a couple of times.

Other incidents have happened like that in my life, which is why I have faith that there is a Creator, whom I call Father, because if it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me, as I am Jesus' little brother. Ask me how if you don't believe me, because I can explain it via BOTH the Bible and science.

I have a soul, I have a brain, and I have the ability to choose what I would like to do. That is pretty much all I came into this world with.

Over the years, I've learned to have a deep faith in a Higher Power (I prefer to call Him Father), and I know that there is something much larger out there that looks out for me, and occasionally helps me out if I'm paying attention. God doesn't just speak to us in small still voices like our conscience, but He also speaks to us via coincidences, because that is where we see His hand at work (IMHO).

I'll give you one example of an incident where God was asking me what I wanted to do...................

When I was 16, I was living in foster care with a family that didn't really treat me like they were supposed to, and I got tired of it one day and ran away. Well, I got to the runaway center in Helena MT (also where the foster program was based) after leaving Missoula MT, and spent the night there. The next day, they contacted my case worker and he told me that I either had to pay rent at the runaway home (80 bucks/nite), or I would have to go back to the foster family. I said okay, and went back to the bus station to go back to Missoula. Well, apparently the bus was running early, because just as I got there, the bus was pulling out. I called back to my case worker and told him what happened, and he said to wait for the next bus and go back.

Well.................I really didn't want to go back, and I still had around 30 bucks in my pocket, so I asked how much for a ticket to Chicago. That was more money than I had, so I asked where the next bus out was going. They told me Great Falls MT, which also happened to be where my Grandparents lived, so I asked how much and got a ticket for 25 bucks and rode to Great Falls.

Now here's where it gets weird...................I was walking from the bus station to Vaughn (small town on the outskirts of Great Falls), and got hungry, so I stopped at a truck stop on the edge of town. Well, after I ate (still had 50 cents left), I was walking through the parking lot, and 3 guys in a VW pulled up and asked if I needed a ride. I said sure, where ya going? And they said Missoula MT. I told them that I only needed to get to Vaughn and that would be far enough (about 6 miles).

Well..................I KNEW that if I ran away back to my Grandparents, I was walking out on a full college scholarship that would be provided by the foster organization if I stayed, but if I went back, yeah, I could go to college, but I would also be stuck for another year and a half in a miserable situation, so I chose to live the last year or so with my Grandparents, miss out on college, and join the military.

That one night was Father asking me if I was sure that I wanted out or not, because I could have gone either way a couple of times.

Other incidents have happened like that in my life, which is why I have faith that there is a Creator, whom I call Father, because if it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me, as I am Jesus' little brother. Ask me how if you don't believe me, because I can explain it via BOTH the Bible and science.
Yes. Our Father does work in our lives in a myriad of ways. Thank you for your witness.

I already knew that.
Put here by your god. :cool:
Yes.
For us to use.
Use does not mean abuse.
God wants us to get stoned, I like that.:D

Actually, He DOES! First, the Bible proof that He loves us and wants us to be happy........................when Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden, God told them that if it grows out of the ground, they could have it.

So God doesn't really care what we do with plants.

Now, if you check out the way the brain and THC interact, you would see that cannabis is basically tailor made to interact with the brain and produce calming effects.

Yep. God made cannabis just for us!

I have God. That's all I need. He is responsible for my strength, my heart, my superior intellect, my advanced understanding, and my eloquence.

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?
Compassion, empathy, helping the sick and injured has been strength enough for me and I never needed to believe in some deity for that.

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?
Compassion, empathy, helping the sick and injured has been strength enough for me and I never needed to believe in some deity for that.
And when that fails you?
The knowledge that I spent my life helping others. I need no more than that. Weak and superstitious minds need more.

What do you have?
And when that fails you?
The knowledge that I spent my life helping others. I need no more than that. Weak and superstitious minds need more.
Jesus did say that He came for the sick. So when your self fails you, your plan is to turn to your self?

What do you have?
And when that fails you?
Jesus did say that He came for the sick. So when your self fails you, your plan is to turn to your self?
When my body is failing, I will go to the doctor and will be either treated and released or, kept in a hospital or nursing home until my passing. End of story.

What do you have?
And when that fails you?
When my body is failing, I will go to the doctor and will be either treated and released or, kept in a hospital or nursing home until my passing. End of story.
That wasn't what I meant.

And when that fails you?
And when that fails you?
Well, one can't turn to someone who, if he truly existed, was only a human and has been dead for centuries.

What do you have?
I have all of the following attributes:

Achiever
Adventurous
Alert
Ambitious
Calm
Candid
Caring
Charitable
Cheerful
Considerate
educated
energetic
enterprising
enthusiastic
forgiving
friendly
generous
Gentle
Goodness
involved
Joyful
Kind
leads others
Motivated
objective
observant
open-minded
Optimistic
risk-taker
seeks improvement
sees the whole picture
self-confident
aspiring
athletic
aware of opportunities
entrepreneurial
faith in life, in others
flexible
Loyal
mature
modest
self-giving
selfless
self-reliant
focused
Sense of Humor
Sensitive
serious
sincere
Spiritual
completes
organized
stamina
graceful
Patient
strength, strong
constructive
cooperative
Courteous
Creative
decisive
deliberative
Delightful
Determined
Devoted
Diligent
disciplined
does what is necessary, right
dynamic
Gracious
grateful
high goals
honest
Hopeful
humble
Humility
imaginative
initiates (has initiative)
innovative
Insightful
Intelligent
interested
Peaceful
perseveres
polite, mannered
practical
punctual
realistic
regular
other(s) positive
reliable
resourceful
respectful
responsible
stress-free, relaxed
sympathetic
courageous
hard-working
Helpful
Persistent
personable
systematic
takes others point of view
Tenacious
Thoughtful
tolerant
tough
trusting
trustworthy
unpretentious
unselfish
well-behaved
Wise
Wonderment

what the christian really has is an uninterrupted history of oppression and hatred of whatever resembles the Free Spirit of Life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back