What do you have?

I have a soul, a spirit, the Holy Spirit, and faith. And I am never to put the Holy spirit under the control of my fleshy spirit, nor my soul. And I have angels in front of me and behind me. And I have wisdom, just by asking for it, because God promised it to me. And other stuff He promised...

what the christian really has is an uninterrupted history of oppression and hatred of whatever resembles the Free Spirit of Life.

Since apparently what you have (OP) is an intense dislike for Christianity. So let's make that the subject. Please tell me more.

He talks to us all in a very quiet voice. You just don't know how to hear or interpret it.

I know I have a soul the same way you know you love someone or know what a strawberry tastes like.

You do realize that you are proving my signature by behaving this way, right?

Right, and you're just so special that he 'talks to you'. <rolls eyes>..

I have sigs turned off. What does it say?

He talks to us all in a very quiet voice. You just don't know how to hear or interpret it.

I know I have a soul the same way you know you love someone or know what a strawberry tastes like.

you just broke his empty heart ... . :eusa_hand:

Who are you to know my heart?

Right, and you're just so special that he 'talks to you'.

but bing, I was just in agreement that's all.

So why do you hate Christianity so much?

don't be a broken record if you haven't caught on there's little chance you ever will.

don't be a broken record if you haven't caught on there's little chance you ever will.
Here's your big chance. I'm all ears.

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?

I have my integrity, my experience, my passion for knowledge, my commitment to leave the world a better place than I found it, and the wisdom to recognize that everything in this life (and this world) is temporary (including me).

Like most humans, I've muddled through this far, and I'll keep muddling through until the end.

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?

I have my integrity, my experience, my passion for knowledge, my commitment to leave the world a better place than I found it, and the wisdom to recognize that everything in this life (and this world) is temporary (including me).

Like most humans, I've muddled through this far, and I'll keep muddling through until the end.
I see. So all we really need to do is satisfy our material needs, right?

What do you have?

Um, did you even READ my comments? How do ANY of those items (integrity, experience, passion for knowledge, commitment to making the world a better place and a recognition of the temporary nature of life) relate to "material needs?"

What do you have?

Um, did you even READ my comments? How do ANY of those items (integrity, experience, passion for knowledge, commitment to making the world a better place and a recognition of the temporary nature of life) relate to "material needs?"
You don't believe we are spiritual beings do you? Therefore, the only purpose here can be to meet our material needs, right? So what else matters.

You don't believe we are spiritual beings do you? Therefore, the only purpose here can be to meet our material needs, right? So what else matters.

I believe human beings can be "spiritual," though I'm certain that word means something very different to me than it does to you.

And please don't go putting words in my mouth. NOTHING I spoke of has to do with material needs. I understand your desperate desire to construct some sort of straw man out of my comments, but you're way off base!

I believe human beings can be "spiritual," though I'm certain that word means something very different to me than it does to you.

And please don't go putting words in my mouth. NOTHING I spoke of has to do with material needs. I understand your desperate desire to construct some sort of straw man out of my comments, but you're way off base!
It means that there is more to humans than the material world. Do you believe there is anything more than the material world? Are we more than matter? Do we have a spirit that lives on? Because if you don't believe that, then why does anything you do matter? So let me ask you again, do you believe that there is any other purpose for us to be here other than to satisfy our material needs?

So let me ask you again, do you believe that there is any other purpose for us to be here other than to satisfy our material needs?

Of course I do, as my very first comment demonstrates. That said, I must make clear that I speak only for myself. When you speak of a purpose for "us," I can't address that, as it's for each and every one of us to decide our own purpose.

So let me ask you again, do you believe that there is any other purpose for us to be here other than to satisfy our material needs?

Of course I do, as my very first comment demonstrates. That said, I must make clear that I speak only for myself. When you speak of a purpose for "us," I can't address that, as it's for each and every one of us to decide our own purpose.
Why does any of that matter?

That's a somewhat silly question, isn't it? It matters because it matters to me. It gives meaning to the one and only life I know I'm going to ever have, just as your ridiculous religious beliefs give meaning to yours.

"Why" sounds like a great question, but it isn't always appropriate. Quite the contrary, it often leads nowhere.

That's a somewhat silly question, isn't it? It matters because it matters to me. It gives meaning to the one and only life I know I'm going to ever have, just as your ridiculous religious beliefs give meaning to yours.
I don't believe it is a silly question at all. If we are nothing more than material beings living in a material world, then why shouldn't meeting my material needs be all that matters? Why should I care about anything else? Why should I care what happens to you or anyone else as long as my material needs are met?

Forum List

Back