What are Women's Rights Groups in the U.S. - saying about Palin?

Once again. Nobody has ever claimed there's a policy that will eradicate forever unexpected or teen pregnancy.

But, once again, it's STUPID to teach kids it's "okay" when in reality it's #1, illegal, and #2, dangerous, and #3, can result in an unplanned pregnancy....which means a child.

Note there are three reasons, not just one.

bullshit. Your Abstinence Only schtick is not only been proven to be statistically fallacious but, it seems, CLEARLY a failure up to and including those who preach it. No, what is STUPID is to pretend that premarital sex can be stifled with a bullshit mantra while your kid is preggers. Not only is this indicative of the failure of the policy but the failure of the person wielding the policy as a political platform.

Ignorance won't lower unplanned pregnancy, baba. Teach these kids how to protect themselves and stop pretending that they can build a house without a fucking hammer.

yes, because kids ALWAYS do what they are instructed to do

:wall:

hence the failure of your GOP party mantra...

See above for how her testimony illustrates the failure of your party platform on the subject AND the failure of the politicians whose kids validate the necessity for actual sex ed.

:eusa_shhh:

bullshit. Your Abstinence Only schtick is not only been proven to be statistically fallacious but, it seems, CLEARLY a failure up to and including those who preach it. No, what is STUPID is to pretend that premarital sex can be stifled with a bullshit mantra while your kid is preggers. Not only is this indicative of the failure of the policy but the failure of the person wielding the policy as a political platform.

Ignorance won't lower unplanned pregnancy, baba. Teach these kids how to protect themselves and stop pretending that they can build a house without a fucking hammer.

Sure. Provide me with evidence that kids are having fewer babies out of wedlock and getting fewer abortions now than they were in the 50s, when sex ed wasn't taught, and kids were discouraged from having underaged, premarital sex, and I'll believe you when you say teaching them it's okay to have sex, and showing them the best way to do it, is the most effective way to prevent teen pregnancy and abortion.

Until then, jabber under your breath.

Sure. Provide me with evidence that kids are having fewer babies out of wedlock and getting fewer abortions now than they were in the 50s, when sex ed wasn't taught, and kids were discouraged from having underaged, premarital sex, and I'll believe you when you say teaching them it's okay to have sex, and showing them the best way to do it, is the most effective way to prevent teen pregnancy and abortion.

yeah, well, there were fewer kids in the 50's too
also they didnt have the sex on tv like they do today
i dont support abstinence only, i say it needs to be a multi-point education, you need to tell the truth that the only "safe" sex is NO sex
but at least tell them that condoms do help prevent the spread of disease in most cases if they are going to take that risk

yeah, well, there were fewer kids in the 50's too
also they didnt have the sex on tv like they do today
i dont support abstinence only, i say it needs to be a multi-point education, you need to tell the truth that the only "safe" sex is NO sex
but at least tell them that condoms do help prevent the spread of disease in most cases if they are going to take that risk

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't agree with a lot of things you say, but on this one I have to say Kudos!!!!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't agree with a lot of things you say, but on this one I have to say Kudos!!!!
and i think you'll find that most republicans support that too
just because the media tells you different, doesnt make it so
and, just because Palin supported an abstinence only plan, doesnt mean everyone else did
but sometimes, you have to push for an extreme to get the extremes on the other side to come to a compromise

and i think you'll find that most republicans support that too
just because the media tells you different, doesnt make it so
and, just because Palin supported an abstinence only plan, doesnt mean everyone else did
but sometimes, you have to push for an extreme to get the extremes on the other side to come to a compromise

I hope you think that works both ways. Since I'm in the middle, it's easy for me to see the merits and shortfalls of both major political parties. I'm not impressed with too many politicians period, regardless of their party affiliation. Most of them suck.

I dont have to provide you shit. If you want to compare those stats then you dig em up. The honus is on you to make your point wither way. Wanna see increased TEEN PREGNANCY RATES since the inception of AO programs? That's just a few years ago.

If you can defend Palin and say that "kids WILL have sex" then you can't turn around and pretend that teaching AO in class will keep kids from fucking. CLEARLY your VP choice just doesn't gel with your bullshit mantra.

until then, go ahead and remain the laughing stock of politics.

I dont have to provide you shit. If you want to compare those stats then you dig em up. The honus is on you to make your point wither way. Wanna see increased TEEN PREGNANCY RATES since the inception of AO programs? That's just a few years ago.

If you can defend Palin and say that "kids WILL have sex" then you can't turn around and pretend that teaching AO in class will keep kids from fucking. CLEARLY your VP choice just doesn't gel with your bullshit mantra.

until then, go ahead and remain the laughing stock of politics.

You know, I don't believe I ever said teaching kids AO would eliminate sex. That's your own bias, and your own conception of what I mean when I support it. I also don't believe teaching kids specifics about sex and the whole "nothing is wrong" routine eliminates underage sex. In fact, I believe that line of thought teaches them it's acceptable and ok.

I do believe in teaching moral behavior, however, and if having underage sex is ILLEGAL then it's IMMORAL to teach it, you moron...regardless of your religion or sexual orientation. And since I believe an unborn child is a human, I also believe it's IMMORAL to teach the option of abortion in the event of pregnancy. So yes, I think it's best to just teach kids that #1., it's illegal for a kid to have sex, #2, it's risky for a kid to have sex, and #3, it's best to wait until you're of legal voting age or even (gasp) married, for the best interests of the child.

But go back to your ridiculous claims and howler monkey hooting, if it makes you feel more like a man, shoog.

Marriage is of religion... not of government.

There's been talk of amending the Constitution to establish marriage as between a man and a woman. I say "Leave my Constitution alone."

Yeah. Provide the numbers that show that sex ed alone is more successful in preventing teen pregnancy.

You can't, because, as you know and have essentially admitted, such numbers don't exist.

Just admit you want little girls to be taught how to effectively screw and we'll give you a pass on this ones.

Last edited:
HERE are some numbers for you, baba. Trust me.. praying for rain doesn't work. and neither does AO programs.

Sarah Palin's kid proves that.

Study Casts Doubt on Abstinence-Only Programs
A long-awaited national study has concluded that abstinence-only sex education, a cornerstone of the Bush administration's social agenda, does not keep teenagers from having sex. Neither does it increase or decrease the likelihood that if they do have sex, they will use a condom.

Authorized by Congress in 1997, the study followed 2000 children from elementary or middle school into high school. The children lived in four communities -- two urban, two rural. All of the children received the family life services available in their community, in addition, slightly more than half of them also received abstinence-only education.

By the end of the study, when the average child was just shy of 17, half of both groups had remained abstinent. The sexually active teenagers had sex the first time at about age 15. Less than a quarter of them, in both groups, reported using a condom every time they had sex. More than a third of both groups had two or more partners.
Study Casts Doubt on Abstinence-Only Programs - washingtonpost.com

Teen Birth Rate Rises in U.S., Reversing a 14-Year Decline
Teen Birth Rate Rises in U.S., Reversing a 14-Year Decline - washingtonpost.com

After falling steadily for more than a decade, the birth rate for American teenagers jumped last year, federal health officials reported yesterday, a sharp reversal in what has been one of the nation's most celebrated social and public health successes.

The birth rate rose by 3 percent between 2005 and 2006 among 15-to-19-year-old girls, after plummeting 34 percent between 1991 and 2005, the National Center for Health Statistics reported.

While experts said it was unclear what may be causing the reversal, the new data reignited debate about abstinence-only sex-education programs, which receive about $176 million a year in federal funding. Congress is currently debating whether to increase that by $28 million.

So yes.. If SARAH PALIN'S daughter could be taught how to use a condom then perhaps she would not make her mother the laughing stock of modern politics.

Just admit you want little girls to be taught how to effectively screw and we'll give you a pass on this ones.

When you make a false claim like this, it really hurts your credibility.

I actually think it is a right wingers way of admitting they are wrong. When you say something like this, it looks like you aren't being honest. :eusa_liar:

Who cares what a bunch of radical Lesbian Nazis think about Palin!!

Why would you say such a thing?

I am very unhappy with the way the women's movement in America has gradually shifted away from "equal opportunity" into a perverse "gender superiority" world view in which all things female are pristine and all things male are immoral.

The way to rectify this situation is certainly not to hurl pejoratives and insults at everyone who thinks differently than you do. If the purpose of a message board is not dialog, what is it?

Yeah. Provide the numbers that show that sex ed alone is more successful in preventing teen pregnancy.

You can't, because, as you know and have essentially admitted, such numbers don't exist.

This is you trolling?

No, moron. It's me asking for evidence to back up an egregious claim. And not getting any.

No, moron. It's me asking for evidence to back up an egregious claim. And not getting any.

is it really our business if you are not getting any?

sheesh, baba. take the blue material to late night.

and, I provided evidence of the failure of AO. Not that Sarah Palin needs any more evidence. Enjoy.

You support abortion but you don't support the death penalty. Hypocrisy.

I support a woman's right to choose. I could never have an abortion, but it shouldn't be illegal because (1) it's not a political issue, it's a religious and moral issue, (2) I don't have the right to choose what someone else does with their body, (3) not all abortions are for the "convenience" of the mother, one might save her life. I knew a girl in high school who was sexually abused by a relative and got pregnant. She chose to have an abortion because she didn't feel she could have the child, look at it every day and remember what happened to her or give the child a way and wonder for the rest of her life what was going on with that child. She had an abortion when she was 6 weeks pregnant. Was it an easy decision, absolutely not, but she it was the best decision for her at the time. Who are you to tell her it wasn't?

Religious beliefs do not belong on the political platform.

Forum List

Back