First rule of accounting: Stop The Bleeding.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Is Obama the answer?

He can be part of it if we join him. C'mon folks! He is the first presidential candidate with a serious shot at the White House in my memory who has even mentioned fundamental change in the way Washington does business. He has also expressed a distain for Government so severely influenced by mercenary lobbyists.

Unless you have a better option this year I think we need to take this shot on Obama. Big John McCain of the 2000 primaries against Bush would at least made this a contest, but he has Karl Roves stench all over him now.

Mr Pickins talks about a transfer of wealth to the Middle East I do not doubt is true, but how about the transfer of wealth here in America from the lower & lower-middle classes to the greedy and the rich over the last 20 years. The guys who pay for the bureaucracies of the DNC and the RNC have been slowly figuring out bleed us dry since at least the 60's... Bush & Cheny just perfected the operation.

Obama isn't a Democrat, he is a leader.

The first one I've seen wiggle his way past the wealthy owners watchdogs and into the sacred halls of power in my lifetime. He snuck in on the voices of the voters. The owners had Hillary groomed for the DNC candidacy this year and Obama upset the apple cart. Is he perfect? Probably not. Will he make mistakes? I hope so, seeing as a true saint would kind of freak me out right now. Will he be better at the job his last year than he will his first? Sure, wouldn't you? That makes him human.

I myself am sick and tired of living under a tax code that is complicated enough to support an industry, with just one corporate participant earning enough to spend $272,000 lobbying my government in one three month period this year.

Do you reckon they're the only corporation smart enough to hire the 'tax guy' lobbyists?

Do you think those guys are earning their outrageous salaries to try and persuade congress to simplify the tax process? Wake up!

Come on people! Obama has hoodwinked the powers that be! I think a lot of people who have had enough are going to give him a mandate for change. He seems to have even brought Bill and Hillary back from the dark side! Let's give him a shot at leading us! It may not be the exact direction you'd choose... but if he can lead us away from the professional lobbyists, it might stop the bleeding.

I feel positive about this election just because it is the first unscripted election since I've been voting!

-Joe

I think he and his group also understand how to run a campaign. We will see when the real mud slinging starts.

I agree - if Obama is elected it will usher in a new age.

But that's exactly why conservatives will stop at nothing to prevent that.

The injustices of this world are what generate the wealth & power of the elite.

I hope that Obama's security is extensive, especially at the Hofstra debate on Long Island. I come from nearby and know that area to loaded with rich, powerful, ruthless, smart and conniving fanatic racists.

I agree - if Obama is elected it will usher in a new age.

But that's exactly why conservatives will stop at nothing to prevent that.

The injustices of this world are what generate the wealth & power of the elite.

I hope that Obama's security is extensive, especially at the Hofstra debate on Long Island. I come from nearby and know that area to loaded with rich, powerful, ruthless, smart and conniving fanatic racists.

Dude, are you trying to tell us that the owners of the RNC and the former owners of the DNC are not going to give up the gravy train that owning our political system created without a fight?!?

I'll bet you're right. I'll even bet that they've still got some control of the DNC and they'll use it to try and thwart Obama when they think they can.

No, the status-quo is nervous, and I like it!

-Joe

Is Obama the answer?

He can be part of it if we join him. C'mon folks! He is the first presidential candidate with a serious shot at the White House in my memory who has even mentioned fundamental change in the way Washington does business. He has also expressed a distain for Government so severely influenced by mercenary lobbyists.

Unless you have a better option this year I think we need to take this shot on Obama. Big John McCain of the 2000 primaries against Bush would at least made this a contest, but he has Karl Roves stench all over him now.

Mr Pickins talks about a transfer of wealth to the Middle East I do not doubt is true, but how about the transfer of wealth here in America from the lower & lower-middle classes to the greedy and the rich over the last 20 years. The guys who pay for the bureaucracies of the DNC and the RNC have been slowly figuring out bleed us dry since at least the 60's... Bush & Cheny just perfected the operation.

Obama isn't a Democrat, he is a leader.

The first one I've seen wiggle his way past the wealthy owners watchdogs and into the sacred halls of power in my lifetime. He snuck in on the voices of the voters. The owners had Hillary groomed for the DNC candidacy this year and Obama upset the apple cart. Is he perfect? Probably not. Will he make mistakes? I hope so, seeing as a true saint would kind of freak me out right now. Will he be better at the job his last year than he will his first? Sure, wouldn't you? That makes him human.

I myself am sick and tired of living under a tax code that is complicated enough to support an industry, with just one corporate participant earning enough to spend $272,000 lobbying my government in one three month period this year.

Do you reckon they're the only corporation smart enough to hire the 'tax guy' lobbyists?

Do you think those guys are earning their outrageous salaries to try and persuade congress to simplify the tax process? Wake up!

Come on people! Obama has hoodwinked the powers that be! I think a lot of people who have had enough are going to give him a mandate for change. He seems to have even brought Bill and Hillary back from the dark side! Let's give him a shot at leading us! It may not be the exact direction you'd choose... but if he can lead us away from the professional lobbyists, it might stop the bleeding.

I feel positive about this election just because it is the first unscripted election since I've been voting!

-Joe

Your kidding right ? The DNC hasn't been busy grooming Obama for the presidency ? :lol:

Your kidding right ? The DNC hasn't been busy grooming Obama for the presidency ? :lol:

No shit Sherlock!

I said they'd been grooming a controllable Hillary... Obamas upset of their apple cart is why the Checkbooks behind both parties for the last 50 years are now scrambling to figure out what to do.

-Joe

No shit Sherlock!

I said they'd been grooming a controllable Hillary... Obamas upset of their apple cart is why the Checkbooks behind both parties for the last 50 years are now scrambling to figure out what to do.

-Joe

You bet they are scrambling---that's what happens when you run two candidates, one black and the other a woman. Please don't try to tell me Obama was some outsider who just popped in from nowhere.

You bet they are scrambling---that's what happens when you run two candidates, one black and the other a woman. Please don't try to tell me Obama was some outsider who just popped in from nowhere.

yes, obama has been propped up by the establishment and that is why the mccain/palin ticket is the real road to government reform.

I'm gonna say no.

I'd like to add however, that his experience, or lack there of, in the DNC and in Washington is one of the reasons I like him. He is in the mess deep enough to know how big it is and he is young enough to still think it can be cleaned up.

His youth in the national DNC is one of the reasons I can state that I believe he usurped and surprised the money behind the DNC. Everyone else knew that it was Hillarys turn. Obama didn't play their game.

If we give him a chance, and give him the most anti-lobbyist congress we can hire, he has a shot to at least stop the bleeding... maybe more

Exciting times, eh?

-Joe

Forum List

Back