What are Women's Rights Groups in the U.S. - saying about Palin?

Because a lot of men, particularly rightwing men, are terrified of assertive women. They're basically little chicken shits. The gender role they want to see women conform to, is the submissive and demure house wife.

Says another person who wants Palin at home with her babies where she belongs. LOL.

Says the poster following the pack of attack Palin posts around.:cool:

Hey Shadow, find one post where I put her down. Here are some things I said about her:

If she is raising her grandson, more power to her. Maybe she thought her daughter couldn't handle having a child with Down Syndrome. Her hiding it from the public is her own business, but now that she is in the national spotlight, America is going to want to know the truth. It's just the way it is, no privacy for a public figure.

Do you agree with what I said, or disagree?

Don't worry.....bullets are expensive.:cool:

+ 1000 on public figures lives being open books. This whole election is going to be quite interesting to say the least.

One thing I know for CERTAIN:

I could never run for public office..............:eusa_whistle:

:smoke:

. Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-North Carolina)- Worked in LBJ's administration. Served as Deputy Assistant to President Nixon for Consumer Affairs before being appointed to the Federal Trade Commission. Served as United States Secretary of Transportation in the Reagan administration. Served as United States Secretary of Labor in the Poppy Bush administration. Then served as President of the Red Cross. Ran for president in 2000, and was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2002. She currently serves on the Senate Special Committee on Aging, the Senate Committee on Armed Services, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, and the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. She is the Ranking Member on the Armed Services Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities.

with all due respect...i live in nc....libby dole has done very little for this state. between johnny and libby ...we are so screwed here...nc is a tax hell....named that by fortune 500...in regard to what we get for our taxes.

I wasn't slandering any person. I was refering to N.O.W. and their fascist agenda.

So N.O.W. has a fascist agenda because they stand up for women and their rights? It never ceases to amaze me that it's okay for men to stand up either individually or collectively for their rights (in fact, it's expected), but once a woman stands up for her rights, she's a bitch? I work in a man's world and see and hear it all the time. If a guy is a hard-ass, he's a strong responsible leader. If a female acts the same way, the derrogatory comments start. She's labeled either a bitch, a man-hater, or any other of a number of offensive labels (and I've heard them all). I like this one too . . . someone makes a derrogatory statement, I defend myself and then I'm being "overly sensitive." Guys love to use that one too when confronted about some stupid comment they make.

Are you one of those insecure guys who feels that women need to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, seen and not heard . . . etc. If you are, so be it. You're entitled to your opinion, but just say it without being condescending to women in general or putting down an organization that is just trying to promote and maintain the rights of women.

For the record, I don't belong to any women's groups, nor do I consider myself a "feminist" but I do want the same rights as my male counterparts. I'm not a lesbian, nor a man-hater, etc. . . I just don't take any crap from anyone.

Last edited:
So N.O.W. has a fascist agenda because they stand up for women and their rights? It never ceases to amaze me that it's okay for men to stand up either individually or collectively for their rights (in fact, it's expected), but once a woman stands up for her rights, she's a bitch? I work in a man's world and see and hear it all the time. If a guy is a hard-ass, he's a strong responsible leader. If a female acts the same way, the derrogatory comments start. She's labeled either a bitch, a man-hater, or any other of a number of offensive labels (and I've heard them all). I like this one too . . . someone makes a derrogatory statement, I defend myself and then I'm being "overly sensitive." Guys love to use that one too when confronted about some stupid comment they make.

Are you one of those insecure guys who feels that women need to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, seen and not heard . . . etc. If you are, so be it. You're entitled to your opinion, but just say it without being condescending to women in general or putting down an organization that is just trying to promote and maintain the rights of women.

For the record, I don't belong to any women's groups, nor do I consider myself a "feminist" but I do want the same rights as my male counterparts. I'm not a lesbian, nor a man-hater, etc. . . I just don't take any crap from anyone.

He's right. N.O.W. does have a fascist agenda. Equal pay for equal work, reproductive choice, and paid maternity leave are all things Hitler would have been proud of.

(sarcasm alert)

Obviously you haven't read any of NOW's position papers that are put posted by their radical Lesbian leadership.

Republican Hypocrisy, Not Palin's Daughter, Is The Issue

The issue is not Bristol Palin. The issue is Sarah Palin and the party that is about to hand her its vice presidential nomination. We are talking about a political party and a candidate that backs unscientific, unrealistic, and unworkable abstinence-only policies instead of teaching comprehensive sex education.

I think it is a legitimate political and policy question: Governor, how do you expect abstinence only education to work for millions of children across this nation when it wouldn't even work for your own daughter?

You expect teaching birth control methods and encouraging girls to have (illegal) sex to work when the number of abortions rose to astronomical heights during the heyday of the women's movement?

You expect teaching birth control methods and encouraging girls to have (illegal) sex to work when the number of abortions rose to astronomical heights during the heyday of the women's movement?

It is irresponsible to not explain to kids how they can protect themselves. You right wing/bible belt/holy rollers don't understand! Your kid is out there giving that ass up!!!! Do you not get that? Wake up! So now that you know that, I think telling them to put a condom on is the smart thing to do. Because when they are in that tree fort, or at a friends house who's parents are gone, or swimming in a pool, and the boy goes to have sex, your daughters need to know about condoms, and the reprocussions of not putting one on.

You people are so backwards and wrong.

Encouraging girls? You aren't being intellectually honest now are you. Is that how you see us? You think we want to "encourage" "illegal"? Nice buzz words.

Yes, condoms would have helped in the 60's. Good point.

Remember lying and trying to scare kids from smoking pot in Reefer Madness? OMG! YOu are turning into the adults who ruined this country durin the Nixon era. Elvis was evil for shaking those hips!!! You scare me.

Obviously you haven't read any of NOW's position papers that are put posted by their radical Lesbian leadership.

Homophobia is NOT a scientific word.

Neither is it listed as a psychological condition or illness.

It is just a word used by the radical homo agenda to describe people who are against homosexuality and the sodomite lifestyle.

Why do you want to bring this subject up to me?

Here we go again. :eusa_naughty: Talk about a bunch of radical nuts! You guys have not run out of hot air, yet? :eusa_eh:

Here we go again. :eusa_naughty: Talk about a bunch of radical nuts! You guys have not run out of hot air, yet? :eusa_eh:
and by "you guys" who are you refering to?
please do not put sunni man in the same gropup as most republicans

and by "you guys" who are you refering to?
please do not put sunni man in the same gropup as most republicans

Someone at work just pointed out to me that Chaney's daughter also had a child out of wedlock. How come you guys don't practice what you preach?

"Hi! I believe in Abstinence Only programs and parents giving their kids an education on Sex! True love waits!! Oh, by the way, HERE is my pregnant 17 year old high school daughter!"

We do practice what we preach. If you get pregnant, you deal with the consequences of a baby.

I thought Cheney's daughter was a lesbian? Are you sure she didn't choose to have a child with her lesbian lover, and wasn't artificially inseminated by an unwilling doctor being held at gunpoint?

Forum List

Back