What are we going to do about this Scientology crap?

Children join Scientology...as I said go to Clearwater and you'll see a line of 12-13 year old kids marching in Sea Org uniforms.

Like I said earlier in the post, do research because you don't know what you're talking about.

Guy, how is that any more fucked up than Confirmation Ceremonies where they make you take on confirmation name?

The Church doesn't force anybody to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. Catholics are free to leave the Church or not get it. Also, it's not a big deal...Catholics pick a Confirmation name, and nobody ever calls them by it again.

That's as bad as forcing people to get abortions?

Catholics are free to leave the Church at anytime. That's the difference.

Nobody will stalk them. Nobody will label them as "enemies" and literally do anything (legal or not) in order to "destroy" them. They wont go to their place of employment and attempt to get them fired. They wont make hate websites about them. They wont follow them around in public and film them. They wont threaten them. They wont make them pay money to leave (Scientology actually does this, AND it takes years and years to leave the "proper" way).

The fact that you said that Scientology doesn't target children means that you're ignorant about Scientology...and if you're ignorant about something it's better to remain silent and be though of a fool, than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The Church doesn't force anybody to receive the sacrament of Confirmation.

Really? Frankly, that happens when you are about 12, and it's not like you are capable of making these big decisions at that age. You don't think that there's a lot of pressure on you from your parents and your church to do this cult ritual?

Nobody will stalk them. Nobody will label them as "enemies" and literally do anything (legal or not) in order to "destroy" them. They wont go to their place of employment and attempt to get them fired. They wont make hate websites about them. They wont follow them around in public and film them. They wont threaten them. They wont make them pay money to leave (Scientology actually does this, AND it takes years and years to leave the "proper" way).

Again, this is a free country, anyone can walk out the front door of any cult. Some shitheads like this Leah Remini can even make money off of it. "Oh my God, the Sci-Fi cult I joined was a fraud!!!" Let's make a series out of that.

Meanwhile, Penn and Teller did one episode of their show "Bullshit" on Catholicism, and Showtime pulled it after one airing and largely deny it even exists.

I knew Scientology was ripping people off but this is too much.

Their holding people in camps and forcing women to get abortions.

Scientology is a massive Satanic entity in this country.
Agree.
You should ignore it or even ban. But maybe just to ignore is enough.

or maybe people do really like to be in this organization under total control. Let them kill themselves - this is their freedom!

Consider you are a contestant on Let's Make A Deal. The host offers you the choice of three doors and shows you behind door number 1 there is nothing. But! Behind door number 2 or 3 there may also be nothing but there MAY be something, who's to say. The host knows you absolutely don't want to choose nothing. And all you have to do to get what's behind door number 2 or 3 is you have to kneel to and pray to the host as your new god. And, the host says he will love you like his own children except when you don't kneel to him then he'll toss you into the fire barrel they have out back.

The crew knows there is nothing behind all three doors but they are paid by the host, so they keep quiet.

The best part is, the host will never show you what's behind door 2 or door 3 until you die. But trust him there's some good shit there baby, like a new grill and a trip to Butte Montana.

Forum List

Back