Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

Constructive Anarchy

Dec 2, 2016
This Side of Reality
Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

Our spirituality is different, and many times stronger than theists.

Stronger? How would you measure that?

There are several spiritual systems in effect in our world.

They are:

1 - Theism (God watches over me)

2 - Deism (God exists but is distant from me and I am on my own)

3 - Atheism (there is no God)

4 - Agnosticism (I don't know if there is a God or not -- show me a sign)

5 - Science as a religion (the Big Bang is my God and I don't think it needed a God to create it -- it happened all by itself)

Each of these is a belief system of some sort.

Modern Catholicism is theistic science. The Vatican now does lots of its own pure science including astronomy since They got it all wrong with Galileo.

I can't speak for other religions.

Atheism is simply a belief system which postulates a negative. This negative however cannot be proven, just as the positivist Theist/Deist systems cannot be proven either.

This is where FAITH comes in. You pick a belief system and then you simply have FAITH in it. If it works for you then through its utility that is valuable to you as an individual.

Pushing your own beliefs onto others is pure blasphemy.

What are you really saying NoNukes ? That you are more fanatical ?!

Last edited:

What are you really saying? That you are more fanatical ?!

Me? I would say less so, as atheists behave so much like religious fundamentalists.

I am an athiest. I simply do not believe in supernatural entities, gods, angels, demons supernatural events or anything of that sort. My attitude is that science can explain everything, eventually.

Not believing in god isn't a dead in at all.. In fact believing in science and a evidence based outlook on life is much more supported then your god.Science supports its theories, while you have to have pure belief to continue to believe in your god.

You're the dead end. You have no proof for your god or even a single damn thing in the bible.

What are you really saying? That you are more fanatical ?!

Me? I would say less so, as atheists behave so much like religious fundamentalists.

Actually it was NoNukes that made the claim.

You on the other hand are asking questions, whether true questions or rhetorical ones. So I don't have any data on you yet however.

The two most famous atheists I know were Albert Einstein and Bertrand Russell, FYI.

Einstein (a scientist) did not worry much about Religion at all. He was too busy boinking his cousin on the side behind his wife's back. He lacked any ethics at all. This is perceived as the major shortcoming of atheists generally.

Russell (a mathematician and philosopher) became jaded against the notion of a God due to his own bad experiences during WW1. He too was known as a womanizer after his marriage failed, but this was not an ethical issue -- he was faithful to his wife while married to her. They just lost interest in each other after a few years. Russell was extremely ethical, so much so that he hated propaganda of any kind. So Russell demonstrates that you can have great ethics and still be nonreligious.

I am an athiest. I simply do not believe in supernatural entities, gods, angels, demons supernatural events or anything of that sort. My attitude is that science can explain everything, eventually.
Ok so how do you explain the origin of the Big Bang then?

Apparently you are not a very good philosopher.

There is no conclusive evidence that the "big bang" ever happened in the first place.

for one thing the BB is just the most accepted theory that fits our observations of the Universe it is not a 100% proven fact yet if it ever will be.

Have you ever considered that people may not have the capability to completely understand the universe much like a dog is incapable of understanding algebra ?

for one thing the BB is just the most accepted theory that fits our observations of the Universe it is not a 100% proven fact yet if it ever will be.

Have you ever considered that people may not have the capability to completely understand the universe much like a dog is incapable of understanding algebra ?
Oh I agree with you Skull Pilot on that.

But it is just that there are both a whole lot of amateur scientists and also a few professional ones who have made Science their Religion.

That's my point.

If Muhammed digs deeply enough into his own Philosophy to deal with the dilemma of who created his BB then I think he will see he needs more than just Science in his life. At the very least he needs Philosophy. And this will lead him at least to Deism I think.

How could the BB create itself? If it can than IT is GOD.

There is no conclusive evidence that the "big bang" ever happened in the first place.
Ok fine.

So you don't believe in the BB ?? Is that what you are asserting ??

Then if not how did you get here, and your peoples before you, all the way back to the first DNA strand in the primordial soup where life on Earth began? What caused that ??

Tell us what your own Science tells you ?!

Last edited:
This is where FAITH comes in. You pick a belief system and then you simply have FAITH in it. If it works for you then through its utility that is valuable to you as an individual. Pushing your own beliefs onto others is pure blasphemy.
Respectfully, this reminds me of political partisanship.
If it becomes fanatical then yes, it is like political partisanship.

A fanatical individual will want and try to push their own ideology onto you.

And that is clearly partisanship.

There is no conclusive evidence that you ever happened either.

Ok fine.

Then if not how did you get here, and your peoples before you, all the way back to the first DNA strand in the primordial soup where life on Earth began? What caused that ??

It had to happen eventually. In a an infinite universe strange things necessarily happen.

Ok fine.

It had to happen eventually. In a an infinite universe strange things necessarily happen.
I believe that you have just proven the premise of the OP, lol.

Forum List

Back