What are we going to do about this Scientology crap?

If given a choice...Would you rather practice a religion that:

Worships a man who was executed
Believes we will all get a ride on a spaceship

They are dangerous and prey on people when they are down, like many religions. They fought long and hard for that tax exempt religion status so we need to find a better way to define religion that excludes predatory practices.

And no, it isn't like Baptists or Presbyterians trying to make you feel guilty about not tithing. Scientologists charge a fee for their "classes" so I do think that alone should have disqualified them. It selling a product or service for a set amount.

I took a "class" from them back in the mid 70s. Real cute chick approached me, sold me a book (Dyanetics) and invited to the office or whatever they called it then. There is some good to what they teach but I could see where it was headed so refused to sign up for the next "class". I almost had to fist fight my way out of there, no kidding.

They are dangerous and prey on people when they are down, like many religions. They fought long and hard for that tax exempt religion status so we need to find a better way to define religion that excludes predatory practices.

That's an interesting thought. Tell me how you are going to find a test that excludes Scientology but includes Catholicism or Mormonism?

Take away their tax exempt status, make it so those who're being held against their will can leave...that's about all we can/should do.

People can leave the Catholic Church anytime they want, hell I'm a lapsed Catholic at best.

Your own petty hatreds make you an unreliable debater on this topic. Well that and your overall twattery.

Lots of people have left Scientology... not seeing the problem here.

But the Catholic Church really did hide all those pedophiles all those years.

9ce581a220fee8a30be3879722de53b1.jpg

been watching Leah Remini's show...

I knew Scientology was ripping people off but this is too much.

Their holding people in camps and forcing women to get abortions.

Scientology is a massive Satanic entity in this country.

What you are telling me that a religion started by a hack science fiction writer isn't true?

Perish the thought.

The kind of people who get involved in Scientology would just get involved with some other cult, maybe the kind that makes you drink the koolaid.

Just can't get worked up over this. The "Legitimate" religions are just as bad or worse.

(Yes, i'm looking at you, Catholicism!)

You need to do some research on Scientology, because you're ignorant. The Catholic Church is far from perfect, but they don't:

-Force their followers to get abortions (pregnant women in the Sea Org are forced to get abortions)
-Prevent you from leaving (leaving Scientology automatically makes you an enemy of the church)
-Scientology's policy on dealing with SP/suppressive people (declared enemies) is to "destroy" them by any means necessary. They stalk the people for YEARS, threaten them, sue them, violently attack them--even murder/death is not off of the table.
-They force people to "disconnect" from their families if someone in their family is a SP...the punishment for even saying hi to them on the phone? You become a declared enemy.
-They are required to turn each other in in the case of a "crime" being committed. The punishment for not doing so is just as bad as if you committed the crime. For example, let's say person A says "wow that L Ron Hubbard book was boring" to person B....here's what happens. Person B needs to report person A, because if they don't-their punishment is just as bad as Person A's...well how do they find out if you do or not? Simple, people are also required to tell on themselves. So if Person A confesses to the "crime", they're going to ask them who they told that to...and if Person B didn't report Person A already-they're in big shit. If Person B turns Person A in and Person A doesn't confess-they're in big shit. It's literally like the Hitler Youth.

Everything I said above is 100% true, brief research will tell you this...and it's just the icing on the cake-if you go down that rabbit hole you'll find more and more and more crazy shit (and no I'm not talking just about what they believe in).

Have you been to Clearwater before? Go to downtown Clearwater sometime if you're able to...and just walk around. Anybody who has done this before knows what I'm talking about, and if you did you'd change your tune calling the Catholics, Jews, Hindis, etc. as bad or worse as they are.

I get it, you're anti-Catholics...but don't let that blind you from reality.

You need to do some research on Scientology, because you're ignorant. The Catholic Church is far from perfect, but they don't:

-Force their followers to get abortions (pregnant women in the Sea Org are forced to get abortions)

NO, they try to force women to have their rapist's babies, which is worse, really.

Have you been to Clearwater before? Go to downtown Clearwater sometime if you're able to...and just walk around. Anybody who has done this before knows what I'm talking about, and if you did you'd change your tune calling the Catholics, Jews, Hindis, etc. as bad or worse as they are.

The reality is, if you are the kind of weak minded person who needs to join a religion or a cult to give your life meaning, that's kind of not my problem.

A lot of folks are perfectly happy as Scientologists, as stupid as I think that is. But frankly, I could put out a long list of bad shit the Catholic Church has done, which is worse than the fake Sci-Fi cult.

NO, they try to force women to have their rapist's babies, which is worse, really.

The reality is, if you are the kind of weak minded person who needs to join a religion or a cult to give your life meaning, that's kind of not my problem.

A lot of folks are perfectly happy as Scientologists, as stupid as I think that is. But frankly, I could put out a long list of bad shit the Catholic Church has done, which is worse than the fake Sci-Fi cult.

One could easily say if somebody's weak minded enough to join the Catholic Church and not get an abortion from a rapist, then what's the difference? The difference is that you're inherently biased and are incapable of separating yourself from it. It's cool, I get it.

One could easily say if somebody's weak minded enough to join the Catholic Church and not get an abortion from a rapist, then what's the difference? The difference is that you're inherently biased and are incapable of separating yourself from it. It's cool, I get it.

The difference is, the Catholic Church starts indoctrinating them from Childhood.

Scientology is usually a scam someone joins and leaves as an adult... usually when they run out of money.

Again, I go back to my original question, how can you really develop a standard that would apply to Scientology and not apply to Mormonism (which is Scientology plus 150 years) or Catholicism (which is Scientology plus 2000 years.)

My eyes were opened to Scientology when it came out they framed some guy for a rape charge.

My eyes were opened to Scientology when it came out they framed some guy for a rape charge.

Again, the Catholic Church hid pedophile priests for decades, how is that not just as bad or worse?

The whole of the Catholic Church is not a deliberately criminal enterprise.

The whole of Scientology is.
It's criminal to make people believe that they should accept their crap lives because WHEN THEY ARE DEAD they'll be rewarded.

The difference is, the Catholic Church starts indoctrinating them from Childhood.

Scientology is usually a scam someone joins and leaves as an adult... usually when they run out of money.

Again, I go back to my original question, how can you really develop a standard that would apply to Scientology and not apply to Mormonism (which is Scientology plus 150 years) or Catholicism (which is Scientology plus 2000 years.)

Children join Scientology...as I said go to Clearwater and you'll see a line of 12-13 year old kids marching in Sea Org uniforms.

Like I said earlier in the post, do research because you don't know what you're talking about.

The whole of the Catholic Church is not a deliberately criminal enterprise.

The whole of Scientology is.

A church that promotes the belief that you will receive eternal life if you get on your knees, worship and then eat a lifeless cracker made by human hands that a priest turned into the flesh of God ( for a nominal service charge) is not a criminal enterprise?

okey dokey.

Children join Scientology...as I said go to Clearwater and you'll see a line of 12-13 year old kids marching in Sea Org uniforms.

Like I said earlier in the post, do research because you don't know what you're talking about.

Guy, how is that any more fucked up than Confirmation Ceremonies where they make you take on confirmation name?

Forum List

Back