What are we going to do about this Scientology crap?

been watching Leah Remini's show...

I knew Scientology was ripping people off but this is too much.

Their holding people in camps and forcing women to get abortions.

Scientology is a massive Satanic entity in this country.
Yeah it's a completely screwball "religion" and it's not really that "massive" anymore, according to ARIS there are only around 25,000 members of the Church of Scientology in the U.S. .

For the adults it's a VOLUNTARY association so it's not up to society to do anything about it except get the word out as to how idiotic their beliefs and practices actually are, of course in cases where children are involved society does have a responsibility to step in when cases of abuse occur.

Any adult stupid enough to hand their money and liberty over to these charlatans deserves what he/she gets, it's called living with the consequences of your decisions.

Yeah it's a completely screwball "religion" and it's not really that "massive" anymore, according to ARIS there are only around 25,000 members of the Church of Scientology in the U.S. .

For the adults it's a VOLUNTARY association so it's not up to society to do anything about it except get the word out as to how idiotic their beliefs and practices actually are, of course in cases where children are involved society does have a responsibility to step in when cases of abuse occur.

Any adult stupid enough to hand their money and liberty over to these charlatans deserves what he/she gets, it's called living with the consequences of your decisions.

It applies to all religions
All are equally nutty when you look at them objectively

My religion makes sense....but yours is fucking goofy

A lot of wars have started like that

No reason we should do anything, other than making it possible for people to leave if they want to. People have a right to what ever religious belief they want, no matter how much of a rip off it is.
I agree, but to a point....cults should not be tolerated....Jim Jones is an ever present danger when we have liberals in a society.....
Well, why didn't you speak up when the Trump Cult began?
I was kinda pleased when they freed your slaves...so I am good...

No reason we should do anything, other than making it possible for people to leave if they want to. People have a right to what ever religious belief they want, no matter how much of a rip off it is.
I agree, but to a point....cults should not be tolerated....Jim Jones is an ever present danger when we have liberals in a society.....

Jim Jones was an authoritarian religious nut, and his followers were much like Trump followers. Far from being liberals.

Jim Jones was an authoritarian religious nut, and his followers were much like Trump followers. Far from being liberals.
That's true, "liberals" don't worship "authoritarian religious nuts", they worship authoritarian government.

Doesn't sound all too different then fundy Christian groups.

Doesn't sound all too different then fundy Christian groups.

Are you now claiming Christians are forcing abortions on people? Good grief...

Satan is in your head. He is not a real entity anymore than God is.

Use your brain people.

As to the church, we live in the land of the free, remember?

And so did Penn State, and the US Gymnasts, and other places. Again, your own bias makes you laser in on one group.

One group didn't have a recruiting pitch to attract pedophiles.

"Help Wanted, must have no sexual interest in adult women, spends lots of time around kids!"

How do you NOT get pedophiles with that?

Of course you have proof of this "recruiting pitch", right?

Waiting....

What.......We shouldn't Waco them........Was that wrong
Watched several of her episodes......Fraud....And false imprisonment are SOP

Of course you have proof of this "recruiting pitch", right?

Waiting....

You mean other than they demand that you never have sex with an adult woman... you know, vow of celibacy.

Even when I was ten, I realized you never, ever wanted to be alone in a room with one of these freaks.

Other religious traditions involve celibacy for their priestly/holy castes. And it means no sex in general, so the guys cornholing teenage boys are breaking that rule as well.

What.......We shouldn't Waco them........Was that wrong
Watched several of her episodes......Fraud....And false imprisonment are SOP

.I watched one episode. I got bored with it.

Wow, she found out her Science Fiction Cult was a fraud.

Star-Trek-Beyond-cast-689591.jpg

No, not that one...

Star-Wars-1200x675.jpg

No, not that one either... you know, the one with the cult following.

doctor-who

Hey!!!!!!

Other religious traditions involve celibacy for their priestly/holy castes. And it means no sex in general, so the guys cornholing teenage boys are breaking that rule as well.

Yet the Catholic Church didn't throw them out for it.

In fact, they just moved the offenders from one parish to another.

No disputing that. but their sins have been seen in other places as well. You just get a hard on for this case because of your anti-religious bigotry.

It "confirms" your preconceived notions.

No disputing that. but their sins have been seen in other places as well. You just get a hard on for this case because of your anti-religious bigotry.

Because religion gave them the cover to do it. LIke I said, I grew up catholic, and we all knew the priests were a little weird, but there wasn't the lynch mob that would have happened because the perv worked at a school or a day care center.

Because religion gave them the cover to do it. LIke I said, I grew up catholic, and we all knew the priests were a little weird, but there wasn't the lynch mob that would have happened because the perv worked at a school or a day care center.

Cultural norms gave them the cover to do it, same as you saw in Penn State.

Forum List

Back