What about cow's milk makes us nasally congested?

You aren't drinking "cow's milk". You are drinking a product they call "milk" but is created from cow's milk. Modern milk is "pasteurized" which means that it is heated to a degree that kills germs. It also changes the chemical content. Milk wasn't pretty when the cream used to separate in the bottles so the marketing geniuses added an additional procedure called "homogenization" which altered the fat content and distributed it evenly throughout the mixture. The junk they call milk today might not be fit for human consumption.

People don't know the half of it. It really is garbage.

Read Whitewashed, the book I mentioned above.

And, whatever else you do, don't give dairy to children.

You aren't drinking "cow's milk". You are drinking a product they call "milk" but is created from cow's milk. Modern milk is "pasteurized" which means that it is heated to a degree that kills germs. It also changes the chemical content. Milk wasn't pretty when the cream used to separate in the bottles so the marketing geniuses added an additional procedure called "homogenization" which altered the fat content and distributed it evenly throughout the mixture. The junk they call milk today might not be fit for human consumption.

but boy a nice cold glass of that "junk" is sure good with some just out of the oven chocolate chip cookies.....

If you are ten years old.

if you say so White.....geezus....

Much as I love cow's milk, I notice right away how congested I then get. Could look it up of course, but a thread's more fun. :)

milk is meant for babies and those babies need milk from their mothers, not other animals

you're not a baby and your body is telling you to stop taking milk in.

I don't have any problems with drinking milk and have never had any problems with drinking milk. So what is my body telling me?

Edit: Oh, and before someone thinks they're oh-so clever...no, my body is not telling me that I'm a cow.

hehe

Last edited:
Much as I love cow's milk, I notice right away how congested I then get. Could look it up of course, but a thread's more fun. :)

milk is meant for babies and those babies need milk from their mothers, not other animals

I don't have any problems with drinking milk and have never had any problems with drinking milk. So what is my body telling me?

Edit: Oh, and before someone thinks they're oh-so clever...no, my body is not telling me that I'm a cow.

hehe

If your body was telling that you would be making milk. Since you are drinking it, you must be a calf.

but boy a nice cold glass of that "junk" is sure good with some just out of the oven chocolate chip cookies.....

I drink it with most large meals and definitely when eating anything tomato based which seems to cause my acid reflux to kick into high gear. Drinking milk with my dinner stops the acid reflux. With lunch, I eat a yogurt, so that seems to help also. I do not drink milk late at night though.

hehe

If your body was telling that you would be making milk. Since you are drinking it, you must be a calf.

Oh, good point. :)

I drink it with most large meals and definitely when eating anything tomato based which seems to cause my acid reflux to kick into high gear. Drinking milk with my dinner stops the acid reflux. With lunch, I eat a yogurt, so that seems to help also. I do not drink milk late at night though.

have you tried Lactose free?.....seems to sit better with the reflux crowd...

I never liked milk, but was forced to drink it as a kid. I've had allergies all my life and I think milk has something to do with that. I do like cheese, though.

personally that does not happen to me

some say it is because of the fat in the milk

in other cases it could be perhaps on how the milk is ingested

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of have issues with people who have allergies or whatever and blame something, like milk, and then expect that it's bad for everyone else, too.

It's like a woman who visited my house recently. She has allergies to cat dander, or whatever. She managed to be here about 20 minutes before she had to leave (I have six cats and four dogs). When she left I felt very thankful that I don't have the defect that she does. Because there is nothing at all wrong with my cats and their hair or dander or whatever. I wallow in it for several hours every day with no problem at all. The problem is with her, not them.

So, people with allergies or lactose intolerance or other problems need to understand that they are not superior because they don't drink milk or go to the country in the springtime. Because sometimes you do act kind of superior about it.

The rest of us who drink milk, live with cats and run around in the wildflowers with gleeful abandon in the spring, simply don't have the problem like you do. There is nothing wrong with the milk, cats or wildflowers.

I used to drink milk by the gallon....but it tastes like shit with beer so I quit milk.

:D

there is a school out here

that was getting a new kid

who had allergies to peanuts

the school district banned peanuts and peanut products

from all the schools

Ridiculous, don't you think?

Better than one dead kid.

If that kid is so vulnerable, they're going to be end up dead anyway. The world can't protect him forever. Someone with allergies this severe needs to be taught as soon as possible how to protect themselves from their particular allergen and take responsibility for their own protection, not expect others to watch out for them. That's their best hope of survival.

If this is one of those kids who is so allergic that they have a bad reaction just being around other kids eating peanuts...well, they're not going to last too long, anyway. Mother Nature will weed them out. Sad but true.

And while I understand the concept of accommodating the handicapped, taking other people's freedom away in the process is not a good thing. I mean, a kid can't bring a freaking peanut butter sandwich to school now because of this one kid? Or is it just the school cafeteria that can't use peanuts or peanut products?

I'm not a fan of "home-schooling," but this seems to be a situation where it might be indicated.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back