Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Setarcos, Oct 10, 2009.
were they based on race?
did they deny anyone any rights?
yes the democats institutionalized racism in the south with their jim crow laws
Well, that would be a yes, a big old fucking Uncle Remus YESSAH from me.
And then they become good little republicans after 1964
Funny. If that is true how come in most Southern States locally the Democrats still run everything?
In other words your full of shit. The Democrats are still democrats and the Republican party is not full of racists. But hey lying seems to be your ace card in the hole. You are always making shit like this up.
Provide some actual evidence to back up your claim. By the way RETARD the Republican party almost universally supported the Civil Rights act. Why would racists want to join a party that did not agree with them?
Civil Rights Act or 1964
By party and region
The original House version:
* Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
* Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
* Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
* Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:
* Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
* Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
* Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
* Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)
But please continue to tell me stories about how those dixiecrats didn't abandon ship and become republicans.
Because the local Democrats became Republicans after 1964 throughout the South. In the small town South, very rarely do Dems run anything except their little legs away from racist Republicans.
Separate names with a comma.