Well, she certainly didn't kill McCain's chances

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
she did good. I'm not surprised. She seems like a bright, articulate woman.

They gave her a great speech and she nailed it.

It's too bad she's not the one running, even with her NRA/pro-life bullshit I'd be tempted to vote for her....if I weren't getting John McCain in the deal.

She did amazing. She showed knowledge of foreign policy in many aspects, she showed her knowledge of energy independence, she showed her understanding of working-class America, and she took great jabs at Barack Obama. Home run!

Frankly, I don't know if my expectations were so low or that I really, really want to have sex with this woman, but I thought she gave a pretty good speech. Heck, I might have to become a Republican again!

I LOVED the line, "What's the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick."

It sounded like a direct challenge to Biden.

Frankly, I don't know if my expectations were so low or that I really, really want to have sex with this woman, but I thought she gave a pretty good speech. Heck, I might have to become a Republican again!

:lol: now don't go crazy toro... she's pretty fertile and doesn't believe in birth control

I don't think it was that my expectations were low, cuz they weren't. I just didn't know what the expect.

I will say this, she's one of the few Republicans I can actually LISTEN to speak for any length of time. She didn't bore the snot out of me and even if I strongly disagree with her she got her message across.

It's the wrong message for the country at this point simply based on what Bush & Co have done to this country over the last 8 years. We can't take the chance on McCain/Palin because we can't trust that they won't continue on with business as usual.

It's too bad she's not the one running, even with her NRA/pro-life bullshit I'd be tempted to vote for her....if I weren't getting John McCain in the deal.

She hit that one out of the park. That was nothing short of outstanding. The hits were well placed and delivered with force and perfection. She even did it without an elaborate movie set. Great speech. Watch the polls bounce now.

She did amazing. She showed knowledge of foreign policy in many aspects, she showed her knowledge of energy independence, she showed her understanding of working-class America, and she took great jabs at Barack Obama. Home run!

Hate to break it to you, but she didn't write those words. McCain's speech writers wrote it for her.

It's the wrong message for the country at this point simply based on what Bush & Co have done to this country over the last 8 years. We can't take the chance on McCain/Palin because we can't trust that they won't continue on with business as usual.

Why can't you trust them? The WHOLE night has been about reform and change, every person who got on that stage talked about it, including Palin. They want change to, but as they said, there's good change, and there's bad change. It's clear to me the direction McCain/Palin wants to go, and it's the direction I want to follow in.

I LOVED the line, "What's the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick."

It sounded like a direct challenge to Biden.

She sounded cocky if she's going to taunt Biden like that.

She'll be setting herself up for a fall flat on her face.

If you don't think the Democrats will have a bunch of stuff prepared for that debate then your underestimating them. Look what the media has found about her in a few days alone.

that line had me laughing too.

she can certainly deliver a good one-liner. and she's a much more natural speaker than McCain, who often times comes across as a bumbling fool.

She held my attention, and she held her own up there in the spotlight. Could you imagine speaking in front of that crowd, and millions more on tv? I would have been shaking in my boots!

I like what she said about being an advocate for special needs kids. She has some good ideas, and she seemed to want to distance herself from Bush & co.

She sounded cocky if she's going to taunt Biden like that.

She'll be setting herself up for a fall flat on her face.

If you don't think the Democrats will have a bunch of stuff prepared for that debate then your underestimating them. Look what the media has found about her in a few days alone.

Yes, she did sound cocky, and good for her. She's not afraid of a fight. She seems pretty feisty, and I've seen her debate for governor. She hits where it hurts.

I think she made it pretty clear how she felt about the media. She's not running for VP to get the media's approval, she's running to serve the people.

She gave a good speech.

I'm sure she's a smart and articulate women. She has to be. A woman has to be better than a man to get to the level of Governor, VP, or Prez. Men can get a pass for being an appalling dummy. George Bush is evidence of that. A woman who acts like a dummy cannot get anywhere close to a governor's mansion or the white house.

A woman who acts like a dummy cannot get anywhere close to a governor's mansion or the white house.

It's getting Michelle Obama close enough.

Speaking of Michelle, I LOVED how all the major speakers said, "I've ALWAYS been proud to be an American."

Why can't you trust them? The WHOLE night has been about reform and change, every person who got on that stage talked about it, including Palin. They want change to, but as they said, there's good change, and there's bad change. It's clear to me the direction McCain/Palin wants to go, and it's the direction I want to follow in.

I can't trust them because McCain, until recently, has fully embraced Bush & Co. Trying to distance himself NOW is too little too late. 90% of the time rings in my ears.

It's important to me personally that we end the war in Iraq. It's important to me that a woman's right to choose is protected. It's important to me that health care be made available to all Americans. It's important to me that we focus more on domestic issues rather than nation building.

Forum List

Back