We use to teach our children

That is what big government programs do Rosie,( One size fits all) and takes away our freedoms, not our Constitution.

It is what the governments did do in schools but no longer do because it no longer applies.

One size fits all teaching about what Americanism is DID take away our freedoms. THat America no longer exists.

The Constitution is a living document and NOT a doctrine. Freedom is NOT a doctrine. Pre-emptive invasion of a foreign land IS a doctrine.

Not being indoctrinated means being able to judge the correctness and fairness of any doctrine - any where, any time.

That is what educated, rather than indoctrinated, citizens can do.

And that is how individual freedom is promoted.

Regards from Rosie

So your saying the constitution is mearly a suggestion rather than the supreme law of the land? Tell me, why did they bother to write it down?

why are you ignoring 200 plus years of caselaw? are you saying they're merely a suggestion?

And for that reason it is necessary for each generation to apply Constitutional principles to the lives and times of their world.

So propose an amendment.

No libertarians suggests this. We believe in the amendment process. Progressives? Not so much.

...an ideological and doctrinal straitjacket.

Ironically, that's exactly what your unconstitutional federal level programs are. One size solution from the top. Never works like individual choice.

Ya doesn't need no stinkin' amendment. Ya just need a respect for real freedom. Let the people decide under the rule of law. The last thing needed are any more amendments. Respect for the applicability over differing times and differing needs of our Constitution is what is necessary.

Sounds like you're advocating pure Democracy. Shame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVsjZBy7hww]Proof That America is a Republic NOT A Democracy !!!! - YouTube[/ame]

That comes from a trusting heart...

Yes, because it's what FEELS right that's important. Results, and the law, be damned. :doubt:

Freedom through obedience, eh comrade?
You got that right. She has a master's in Urban Education.:badgrin:

Must have been one who taught you to be honest in what to call yourself.

Regards from Rosie
Do you really expect anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by urban education to take you seriously? I mean of all the doctrinaire so-called disciplines, that has to be the most laughable. I suppose you should be commended for owning up to it since most would be understandably embarrassed.

That is what big government programs do Rosie,( One size fits all) and takes away our freedoms, not our Constitution.

It is what the governments did do in schools but no longer do because it no longer applies.

One size fits all teaching about what Americanism is DID take away our freedoms. THat America no longer exists.

The Constitution is a living document and NOT a doctrine. Freedom is NOT a doctrine. Pre-emptive invasion of a foreign land IS a doctrine.

Not being indoctrinated means being able to judge the correctness and fairness of any doctrine - any where, any time.

Regards from Rosie

So your saying the constitution is mearly a suggestion rather than the supreme law of the land? Tell me, why did they bother to write it down?

No...I am saying it is the most flexible and adaptable set of ideals for governance ever devised. And we must trust each other to use it appropriately inevery varying era....used and applied to the times that each generation faces.

It is not a doctrine like the Ten Commandments. It is a clear outline of how to stay free and not "suggestions".

We are experiencing another generational shift and it is up to the under 50's to now apply Constitutional principles to these times.

Regards from Rosie

The Constitution is a living document...

Can you please point to the wording in the law that supports this point?

Or are you suggesting we should not have federal laws that must be upheld...to be determined by whomever is in power?

My goodness, and you dare to call libertarians anarchists!

what does due process mean absent caselaw?
what does unreasonable search and seizure mean absent caselaw?
what is custodial interrogation absent caselaw defining custody and interrogation?
what limitations are there in the right of the federal government to regulate commerce among the several states absent caselaw?
what individual rights exist as a result of the bill of rights absent caselaw?

Nobody is suggesting caselaw has no place...unless it seeks to usurp the law of the land.

Can you please point to the wording in the law that supports this point?

Or are you suggesting we should not have federal laws that must be upheld...to be determined by whomever is in power?

My goodness, and you dare to call libertarians anarchists!

what is custodial interrogation absent caselaw defining custody and interrogation?
what limitations are there in the right of the federal government to regulate commerce among the several states absent caselaw?

Nobody is suggesting caselaw has no place...unless it seeks to usurp the law of the land.

whatever the caselaw is... IS the law of the land.

You got that right. She has a master's in Urban Education.:badgrin:

Regards from Rosie
Do you really expect anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by urban education to take you seriously? I mean of all the doctrinaire so-called disciplines, that has to be the most laughable. I suppose you should be commended for owning up to it since most would be understandably embarrassed.

urban education?

as opposed to what?

:cuckoo:

Sure it is. Right there in the Constitution is says..."unless a future judge feels differently". :doubt:

You're hopeless.

So propose an amendment.

No libertarians suggests this. We believe in the amendment process. Progressives? Not so much.

Ironically, that's exactly what your unconstitutional federal level programs are. One size solution from the top. Never works like individual choice.

Ya doesn't need no stinkin' amendment. Ya just need a respect for real freedom. Let the people decide under the rule of law. The last thing needed are any more amendments. Respect for the applicability over differing times and differing needs of our Constitution is what is necessary.

Sounds like you're advocating pure Democracy. Shame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVsjZBy7hww]Proof That America is a Republic NOT A Democracy !!!! - YouTube[/ame]

That comes from a trusting heart...

Yes, because it's what FEELS right that's important. Results, and the law, be damned. :doubt:

When you truncate quotes it means you can't handle the content and must be rid of it
Can't discuss....must deny, deflect, denigrate.

"You can't HANDLE the truth!"

Regards from Rosie

Sure it is. Right there in the Constitution is says..."unless a future judge feels differently". :doubt:

You're hopeless.

you didn't ask about it's permanency... and that's right.

they do get reversed...

plessy v ferguson gets displaced by brown v board of ed... and so on.

hopefully at some point citizens united will become displaced by judges that actually care about our system of government.

i think that's the point about the flexibility of the constitution.

thanks for proving the point.

Last edited:

Regards from Rosie

urban education?

as opposed to what?

Take your pick, a master's in Gay and Lesbian Haiku perhaps?

You're hopeless.

they do get reversed...

plessy v ferguson gets displaced by brown v board of ed...

Got it. It's okay to pass unconstitutional laws that progressives want because eventually they will be overturned. If only!

Wow, just wow. Your ignorance regarding the Constitution is profound.

Regards from Rosie

why are you ignoring 200 plus years of caselaw? are you saying they're merely a suggestion?

Tell me, is caselaw totally consistent or does it change?
How did the power to keep commerce regular, become the power to micormanage everything that may or may not enter commerce.

If judges used only the Constitution and the law to make decisions why aren't most cases in SCOTUS unanimous?

urban education?

as opposed to what?

Take your pick, a master's in Gay and Lesbian Haiku perhaps?

again... i was asking what the heck an urban education is.

last i checked i didn't get my degree in haiku.

and i'm thinking that you didn't get a degree.

not that there's anything wrong with that... it's the contempt you have for people who did that is noteworthy.

Lordy Lordy. Can't have rule of law. Might conflict with some doctrine. And indoctrinated doctrine is not to be trifled with! /sarcasm off

Regards from Rosie

You're hopeless.

they do get reversed...

plessy v ferguson gets displaced by brown v board of ed...

Got it. It's okay to pass unconstitutional laws that progressives want because eventually they will be overturned. If only!

Wow, just wow. Your ignorance regarding the Constitution is profound.

it's not unconstitutional if the court says it isn't.

i think that's the point. are you intentionally missing it?

yah...ok...we'll pretend that you know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back