We saw G.W. today!!!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I'm pretty excited. Bush came to Westchester,Ohio today which is about half an hour from us. Pretty much the greater Cincinnati area. Get this. They expected 30,000,which would have been big enough. Guess how many people showed up?...50,000!!!!!! The biggest campaign gathering in Ohio ever. It was so crowded and we had to walk forever,but it was well worth it. None of us have ever seen a Pres in person before and it was just great. He gave a great speech and talked about the debates. Even Bush was excited about how many showed up since it was a record. He said he was going to go home and tell Laura about it at dinner tonight. Like I said,we broke a record. I'm on cloud nine. It was also so cool pointing out all the secret service agents to the kids,and the guys on the roofs. I have absolutely no doubt he will win Ohio. For a crowd of 50,000,peoplewere really friendy too. Well, just wanted to tell everyone about it!!!!

krisy said:
I'm pretty excited. Bush came to Westchester,Ohio today which is about half an hour from us. Pretty much the greater Cincinnati area. Get this. They expected 30,000,which would have been big enough. Guess how many people showed up?...50,000!!!!!! The biggest campaign gathering in Ohio ever. It was so crowded and we had to walk forever,but it was well worth it. None of us have ever seen a Pres in person before and it was just great. He gave a great speech and talked about the debates. Even Bush was excited about how many showed up since it was a record. He said he was going to go home and tell Laura about it at dinner tonight. Like I said,we broke a record. I'm on cloud nine. It was also so cool pointing out all the secret service agents to the kids,and the guys on the roofs. I have absolutely no doubt he will win Ohio. For a crowd of 50,000,peoplewere really friendy too. Well, just wanted to tell everyone about it!!!!

Oh I agree Krisy! Saw him 3 times in 2000, the crowds were great. One was at College of DuPage, that I walked to. Another was at Naperville North high school, a story I told about awhile ago with my mom and the secret service converging on her in a wheel chair, cause of her hearing device! It was pretty funny. (Cheney came and kissed her after their speeches.) That was also the 'gathering' where GW said a naughty word about a reporter!

krisy said:

Not sure what that says about Ohioans.

nycflasher said:
Not sure what that says about Ohioans.

Maybe that we are smarter than new Yorkers? Just kiding-don't pound me guys!!!!

Kathianne said:
Oh I agree Krisy! Saw him 3 times in 2000, the crowds were great. One was at College of DuPage, that I walked to. Another was at Naperville North high school, a story I told about awhile ago with my mom and the secret service converging on her in a wheel chair, cause of her hearing device! It was pretty funny. (Cheney came and kissed her after their speeches.) That was also the 'gathering' where GW said a naughty word about a reporter!

LOL!!! Kathainne,i didn't know that you were at the one when he called that reporter an a-hole. it sounds like you got closer than we did(with Cheney kissing your mom's cheek). i admit,we could hadly see him,but we weren't too far,just so many people!!!

krisy said:
LOL!!! Kathainne,i didn't know that you were at the one when he called that reporter an a-hole. it sounds like you got closer than we did(with Cheney kissing your mom's cheek). i admit,we could hadly see him,but we weren't too far,just so many people!!!

We had prime seating, my dad's friend was the Illinois Bush campaign publicist. I tried searching for the link, no luck. Funny, Mom died a year ago tomorrow, actually thought most of today, that it was today, then realized today was the 27th, not the 28th.

In 1999, she'd had a couple strokes and broken her hip twice. When my dad got us these tickets, she wanted to go. My friend and I decorated her wheelchair with red, white, and blue crepe paper and 'Flag' mylar balloons. She weighed all of 65 lbs, but she had her 'flag' leather jacket and Bush Cheney shirt.

My mom was even more deaf than I. (left ear 100% gone. Right, 90%). Hearing aids don't work at that point, but she had an amplifier thing, with microphone. Anyhow, here we are, right next to the 'stage.' People are screaming basically. My mom's 'pocket talker' is giving feedback, but we can't hear it, though the Secret Service picked up and basically swarmed her, I guess thinking it was some sort of 'device.' When they realized how tiny and sick she was, they were like,'Oh we're sorry ma'm.' But of course, she just smiled and said, "My son is deputy chief of police and you are going to be sorry." Then she laughed and said, "You did your job, thanks." Cheney came later and apologized again, that's when he kissed her cheek. She said, on the way home, "Maybe I won't wash my face again!" LOL

Forum List

Back