75,000 years ago today

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
The controversial Toba catastrophe theory, presented in the late 1990s to early 2000s, suggested that a bottleneck of the human population occurred approximately 75,000 years ago, proposing that the human population was reduced to perhaps 10,000–30,000 individuals when the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted

That reminds me. The precise age of the pyramids of Giza has long been debated because, until now, there has been little evidence to prove when the pyramids were built. Some people think the great pyramid was built over 10,000 years ago by aliens.

The Great Pyramid and surrounding pyramids at the Giza complex are much older than 4500 years old, as Egyptologists claim. New research, conducted by scientists free to think outside of the box, agree that this figure isn’t right.

Get this. We always thought the shitty small pyramids were older but the great pyramid is actually much older. The smaller shitty ones are our best attempt at replicating the great pyramid.

There is so much we don't know about humans 1 million years ago - 5000 years ago. Homer was 800 years before Christ.

There are earlier examples of Greek writing, but it’s almost all bureaucratic records and details of trade. There was almost certainly literature, but it was either entirely oral or it’s been lost.

Chinese writing 5000 years ago. So we only know about the last 5000 years really. Before that is a blur. Floods. Oral history. I'm fascinated with this time in human history. 5000-75,000 years ago. My god. But I bet you people 70,000 years ago were pretty much just like they are today. Most humans today. We all like to take credit for all the human inventions we have but really what separates us from them? A college degree? Because we know how to use a smart phone? Or spell? My parents always said we are only a couple steps out of the cave. And how many of us can say our grandparents were farmers? How much different is a farmer today a farmer 15,000 years ago?

The controversial Toba catastrophe theory, presented in the late 1990s to early 2000s, suggested that a bottleneck of the human population occurred approximately 75,000 years ago, proposing that the human population was reduced to perhaps 10,000–30,000 individuals when the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted ...

It had been 1,000-10,000 individuums - probably 2,000 - what had happened 70-80 thousand years ago in the Soth of Africa. And since about 40,000 years this changed again. So why Toba? That's on the other side of the planet and why should such an eruption have an influence for decades of thousands of years?

Last edited:
The controversial Toba catastrophe theory, presented in the late 1990s to early 2000s, suggested that a bottleneck of the human population occurred approximately 75,000 years ago, proposing that the human population was reduced to perhaps 10,000–30,000 individuals when the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted

That reminds me. The precise age of the pyramids of Giza has long been debated because, until now, there has been little evidence to prove when the pyramids were built. Some people think the great pyramid was built over 10,000 years ago by aliens.

The Great Pyramid and surrounding pyramids at the Giza complex are much older than 4500 years old, as Egyptologists claim. New research, conducted by scientists free to think outside of the box, agree that this figure isn’t right.

Get this. We always thought the shitty small pyramids were older but the great pyramid is actually much older. The smaller shitty ones are our best attempt at replicating the great pyramid.

There is so much we don't know about humans 1 million years ago - 5000 years ago. Homer was 800 years before Christ.

There are earlier examples of Greek writing, but it’s almost all bureaucratic records and details of trade. There was almost certainly literature, but it was either entirely oral or it’s been lost.

Chinese writing 5000 years ago. So we only know about the last 5000 years really. Before that is a blur. Floods. Oral history. I'm fascinated with this time in human history. 5000-75,000 years ago. My god. But I bet you people 70,000 years ago were pretty much just like they are today. Most humans today. We all like to take credit for all the human inventions we have but really what separates us from them? A college degree? Because we know how to use a smart phone? Or spell? My parents always said we are only a couple steps out of the cave. And how many of us can say our grandparents were farmers? How much different is a farmer today a farmer 15,000 years ago?

There is much about pre history that is not known. There is significant evidence that man had attained a high level of technology in the distant past. Granite carvings on Elephant Island as an example. And the Piri Reis Map that shows what the actual coastline of Antarctica is, under the ice. That was copied from a much earlier, and now lost map.

I have long believed man was advanced, and then lost it due to a catastrophe.

But I bet you people 70,000 years ago were pretty much just like they are today.
Great OP for chat and opinion , and ignore the Cognitively Rigid who will come in with their obvious and predictable ridicule at some point . The ones who cannot think , just parrot .

So , Here is a great addition for post prandial discussion .
The moon appeared suddenly .
That is , there are no indications or depictions of it anywhere on the planet before 50 000 years ago , say . Putting on one side how this was done and by whom ( Elohim) , WHY was it done ?
And , aside , a bit of earth breaking off / asteroids etc ideas simply make no detal scientific sense
BUT , before offering a possible answer , consider a separate fact .

In " pre-moon" times there are zero indications of any society having any implements or means of aggression , or war or , for war etc .

Now , put the two strands together and you have the Moon as a laboratory and viewing station ( continuing) BUT put into the one and only position that would block defined incoming frequencies from the Sun and Galaxy centre which "they " wanted to examine for future and further DNA experimentation , R and D etc .
That is , the "War inducing frequencies " were allowed to dominate at the expense of others , which, for convenience , we can label peace- inducing/ spiritual etc

Very neat , though those believing in a Christian / Jewish God have to reject it or risk mind implosion .

However , such fixed old style thinking is fast disappearing and we are probably forced to accept that we are far from special and quite likely just the plaything of others who are vastly more advanced and might regard us as we regard , for example ,Rats

Why would aliens build a pyramid out of rocks?

If you want to know ancient history just read the Bible

If you want to know ancient history just read the Bible
But often altered and deliberately mis -translated .
The Classic being that of :-
" God made man in OUR image " . Into , His, image .

But often altered and deliberately mis -translated .
The Classic being that of :-
" God made man in OUR image " . Into , His, image .
If thats what you believe then go for it

I wont try to save your soul

If thats what you believe then go for it

I wont try to save your soul
That sort of matter is actually about Facts and our opinions are irrelevant .

Suggest you delve and be prepared to be shocked .
It is 100% plural and not singular in the original Hebrew .

That sort of matter is actually about Facts and our opinions are irrelevant .

Suggest you delve and be prepared to be shocked .
It is 100% plural and not singular in the original Hebrew .
To repeat, I dont care what you believe and I wont try to change your mind

The historical record indicates that the first man was a fellow by the name of Adam and Almighty God put him and his old lady Eve into the Garden of Eden.

Contrary to the rantings of the Religious Left who insist God put Adam and Steve into the garden.
Some believe it was aliens who spliced our genes to make us more than monkeys and more like them. A huge leap forward in a very short amount of time.

Adam and eve doesn’t make sense. My dad ignorantly assumes if you go all the way back we have two original humans we are all related to but that’s ridiculous.

Our ancient ancestor crawled out of the water. Thousands of them. They evolved into thousands of other species etc eventually leading to thousands of monkeys who all slowly evolved into humans.

No original 2 humans.

It had been 1,000-10,000 individuums - probably 2,000 - what had happened 70-80 thousand years ago in the Soth of Africa. And since about 40,000 years this changed again. So why Toba? That's on the other side of the planet and why should such an eruption have an influence for decades of thousands of years?
They are finding out that these ancient civilizations are older than we thought. They find old sites that don’t face todays north, south, east and west. So they must have been built back long ago when the earths axis was different. Ten thousand plus years ago.

I don’t know why?

There is much about pre history that is not known. There is significant evidence that man had attained a high level of technology in the distant past. Granite carvings on Elephant Island as an example. And the Piri Reis Map that shows what the actual coastline of Antarctica is, under the ice. That was copied from a much earlier, and now lost map.

I have long believed man was advanced, and then lost it due to a catastrophe.
There is this large bolder that has energy in it. Whatever is inside it being condensed creates energy. The pyramids might be built for that reason too. Today we think they’re just for worshiping.

Great OP for chat and opinion , and ignore the Cognitively Rigid who will come in with their obvious and predictable ridicule at some point . The ones who cannot think , just parrot .

So , Here is a great addition for post prandial discussion .
The moon appeared suddenly .
That is , there are no indications or depictions of it anywhere on the planet before 50 000 years ago , say . Putting on one side how this was done and by whom ( Elohim) , WHY was it done ?
And , aside , a bit of earth breaking off / asteroids etc ideas simply make no detal scientific sense
BUT , before offering a possible answer , consider a separate fact .

In " pre-moon" times there are zero indications of any society having any implements or means of aggression , or war or , for war etc .

Now , put the two strands together and you have the Moon as a laboratory and viewing station ( continuing) BUT put into the one and only position that would block defined incoming frequencies from the Sun and Galaxy centre which "they " wanted to examine for future and further DNA experimentation , R and D etc .
That is , the "War inducing frequencies " were allowed to dominate at the expense of others , which, for convenience , we can label peace- inducing/ spiritual etc

Very neat , though those believing in a Christian / Jewish God have to reject it or risk mind implosion .

However , such fixed old style thinking is fast disappearing and we are probably forced to accept that we are far from special and quite likely just the plaything of others who are vastly more advanced and might regard us as we regard , for example ,Rats
I hate it when people argue that life on other planets don’t exist and then theyre arguments are why do they hide from us. Who says they have made it here?

Heres the thing about speculating aliens created us. It makes more sense than religions. Religions require you to believe in magic and unbelievable stories you’re supposed to accept without question. Your theory is at least explainable.

Grahm Hancock is a crackpot, and virtually everyone of his whacked out assertions have been easily debunked...
some Vast, not all......the assertion human assumed a higher social standing than simple nomadic hunter gathers has not....~S~

Forum List

Back