We have thoroughly wrecked the planet with plastic

While everyone is still caught up in climate change denialism and discussion (if you call it that) centers on that topic, it is just one facet of our environmental polycrisis brought to us by the actions of humankind. While climate change is something we can theoretically move the needle on, the plastic pollution is not. It is an undeniable problem with no likely solution. It's everywhere, contaminating the entire biosphere. It's in our soil, water, our seas, the clouds and precipitation being spread far and wide. Presently is a feature of all our food and increasing in quantity. There's no reversing this as we produce in greater amounts. There's no defense that it's good health, the functions of our bodies, that is is somehow good for us. There are no glib remarks of 'I could really use me some more of that microplastic right now'. And there's no denying we are responsible. There's no argument to be had over 'well, you don't know what plastic accummulation' looked back in the past or that levels of plastic lags normal functioning of biological processes. There's no way out of this one.
WE haven't, the chinese and indians and south americans have. WE cannot fix what THEY have screwed up.

WE haven't, the chinese and indians and south americans have. WE cannot fix what THEY have screwed up.
Give it a rest with this fucking bullshit. Votto is bringing up the popular hypocrisy card that somehow never gets applied to the world buying all the manufactured goods necessary for it's current configuration that China produces.

As if American made would be any different when it comes to plastic production. We all wanted this.

While everyone is still caught up in climate change denialism and discussion (if you call it that) centers on that topic, it is just one facet of our environmental polycrisis brought to us by the actions of humankind. While climate change is something we can theoretically move the needle on, the plastic pollution is not. It is an undeniable problem with no likely solution. It's everywhere, contaminating the entire biosphere. It's in our soil, water, our seas, the clouds and precipitation being spread far and wide. Presently is a feature of all our food and increasing in quantity. There's no reversing this as we produce in greater amounts. There's no defense that it's good health, the functions of our bodies, that is is somehow good for us. There are no glib remarks of 'I could really use me some more of that microplastic right now'. And there's no denying we are responsible. There's no argument to be had over 'well, you don't know what plastic accummulation' looked back in the past or that levels of plastic lags normal functioning of biological processes. There's no way out of this one.
You are in denial. While Biden has been kowtowing to Amazon every chance he can...Do we really need USPS on Sunday because Amazon doesn't want to spend any money seeing as US Govt will do what they want.
I know about the world's greatest polluter and have been posting on it steadily but you asses always get on your political BS ,which proves to me you don't give a sht about pollution except as it can be used to criticize those you don't like

Amazon generates enough plastic waste to wrap the Earth 80 times over.

You are in denial. While Biden has been kowtowing to Amazon every chance he can...Do we really need USPS on Sunday because Amazon doesn't want to spend any money seeing as US Govt will do what they want.
I know about the world's greatest polluter and have been posting on it steadily but you asses always get on your political BS ,which proves to me you don't give a sht about pollution except as it can be used to criticize those you don't like

Amazon generates enough plastic waste to wrap the Earth 80 times over.

Quotes a post in which no politics are mentioned and proceeds to introduce Biden (oh no not Biden, he is so awesome...how will cope...) to the discussion while complaining about 'political BS'. OK.

Denial about what exactly? That we have laced the biosphere from end to end, top to bottom with life disrupting synthetics for which there is no solution?

Amazon sucks and our consumerist society shoulders much blame, but that said Amazon is a conduit of trash to the consumer not a generator thereof.

Quotes a post in which no politics are mentioned and proceeds to introduce Biden (oh no not Biden, he is so awesome...how will cope...) to the discussion while complaining about 'political BS'. OK.

Denial about what exactly? That we have laced the biosphere from end to end, top to bottom with life disrupting synthetics for which there is no solution?

Amazon sucks and our consumerist society shoulders much blame, but that said Amazon is a conduit of trash to the consumer not a generator thereof.
NO, BIDEN does that. Who authorizes all those tax abatements and spends

Dec 20, 2022 — From a report: The cloud division of online marketplace Amazon has been awarded a contract worth $723.9 million by the Department of the Navy

HERE'S enough to get started , look emup
  • Contracting activity: National Security Agency (NSA)
  • Value: $10 billion
  • Contract date: April 27, 2022
============
  • Contracting activity: The Pentagon
  • Contract type: Multiple-award
  • Value: a total of $9 billion
  • Contract date: December 7, 2022
  • =================

• Contracting activity: U.S. Navy
  • Contract type: Blanket purchase agreement (BPA)
  • Value: $724 million
  • Contract date: December 19, 2022
  • ==================
  • Contracting activity: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
  • Contract type: Follow-on procurement
  • Contract date: November 2020
  • Amazon Web Services was awarded the $600 million Commercial Cloud Services contract from the Central Intelligence Agency. In 2020, the CIA awarded a follow-on contract called the Commercial Cloud Enterprise (C2E) to AWS and four other cloud computing service providers.
  • ===================

NO, BIDEN does that. Who authorizes all those tax abatements and spends

Dec 20, 2022 — From a report: The cloud division of online marketplace Amazon has been awarded a contract worth $723.9 million by the Department of the Navy

HERE'S enough to get started , look emup
  • Contracting activity: National Security Agency (NSA)
  • Value: $10 billion
  • Contract date: April 27, 2022
============
  • Contracting activity: The Pentagon
  • Contract type: Multiple-award
  • Value: a total of $9 billion
  • Contract date: December 7, 2022
  • =================

• Contracting activity: U.S. Navy
  • Contract type: Blanket purchase agreement (BPA)
  • Value: $724 million
  • Contract date: December 19, 2022
  • ==================
  • Contracting activity: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
  • Contract type: Follow-on procurement
  • Contract date: November 2020
  • Amazon Web Services was awarded the $600 million Commercial Cloud Services contract from the Central Intelligence Agency. In 2020, the CIA awarded a follow-on contract called the Commercial Cloud Enterprise (C2E) to AWS and four other cloud computing service providers.
  • ===================

Go start a Biden sucks and so does Amazon thread and @ me I will post in agreement with you but that's not the topic here.

Make glass bottles great again!....Oh wait, glass requires copious amounts energy (that we don't have) to produce.

Of course if there is shit-all to be done about it what's the global scale path forward?

Am slowly but gradually converting from plastic to glass and stainless steel in my house. All of my drinking and cooking and humidifier water are RO filtered, and for the water I can't avoid storing in plastic at home, it gets filtered through a Berkey before being used.

So incredibly sad that people didn't not see long ago how dangerous the plastic is.

And there's no denying we are responsible. There's no argument to be had over 'well, you don't know what plastic accummulation' looked back in the past or that levels of plastic lags normal functioning of biological processes. There's no way out of this one.
Correct. You, me, and everyone are responsible, but, so is the government.

I asked my local butcher (UK) why can't they put my purchases onto grease proof paper (parchment) and into paper bags. Health & Safety dictate that it must be cellophane and plastic bags to reduce cross contamination.

99.9% of food produce comes with plastic. If governments were serious about plastic, then they would give retailers so many years, then it's banned. So yes, plastic has wrecked the place, but we physically cannot avoid the stuff.

Give it a rest with this fucking bullshit. Votto is bringing up the popular hypocrisy card that somehow never gets applied to the world buying all the manufactured goods necessary for it's current configuration that China produces.

As if American made would be any different when it comes to plastic production. We all wanted this.
the world demanded the chinese shit products, on that we agree.

Yep. We've done it to ourselves. Now people get to suffer for it. Job well done. Give it 7p for this nice work.

Climate change is Fake. But the Plastic problem IS real. Time to change. I say "Back to glass bottles". they can be reused.

Climate change is Fake. But the Plastic problem IS real. Time to change. I say "Back to glass bottles". they can be reused.

I have a RO filter and just carry a glass Grolsch bottle around with me at all times. Way classier than any kind of plastic.

1709857460766.png

A lot of people who pay lip service to the whole climate change crap won't hesitate for a second to buy their brats loads of plastic cheap toys from China that just end up in a landfill all while drinking a Desani from a plastic bottle.

Forum List

Back