We Have No Original Thoughts

Saw an article on Yahoo yesterday, listing remakes of old TV shows, or movies. (some of the movies becoming tv series)

You guys act like no one ever posted a thread that talked about the same thing another thread was about.

After the success of Black Panther, we will be seeing a trove of remakes with black actors and actresses in the lead roles.

you're upset the lead character in Black Panther was Black?

Why?

After the success of Black Panther, we will be seeing a trove of remakes with black actors and actresses in the lead roles.

you're upset the lead character in Black Panther was Black?

Why?

Did I say I was upset? Read my post again slower.

It is right there between trove and remakes. :)

People who can’t read shouldn’t be allowed on the internet.

Rating things PG or R hasn't really worked. :(

So, we'll just do "Lord of the Rings" again, 'kay?

(Billy shakes his head ruefully ...)

Amazon's proposed 'Lord of the Rings' prequel could cost more than all three movies
Are they going to dive into the Silmarillion or what?
They missed a lot of what was best in the books with the movies, which only focused on the Quest and the action parts. I suppose being movies, that makes sense. But it didn't do The Lord of the Rings justice. I'm not spending $99 per month to find out, that's for sure. I'll just reread the trilogy. But you guys let me know what happens.

So, we'll just do "Lord of the Rings" again, 'kay?

(Billy shakes his head ruefully ...)

Amazon's proposed 'Lord of the Rings' prequel could cost more than all three movies
Are they going to dive into the Silmarillion or what?
They missed a lot of what was best in the books with the movies, which only focused on the Quest and the action parts. I suppose being movies, that makes sense. But it didn't do The Lord of the Rings justice. I'm not spending $99 per month to find out, that's for sure. I'll just reread the trilogy. But you guys let me know what happens.

I agree that the movies didn’t do the books justice but really, what’s the average attention span for people these days? The movies would have had to be 4-5 hours long.

Despite everything, I thought that they were all great. Some of the greatest of all time, imo.

Forum List

Back