We desperately need much more of this.

I regard what John McCain did that evening as one of the bright and shining moments of the 2008 campaign. Of any campaign in recent history. Doing the decent, honorable, truthful thing seems quaint and totally unrealistic just 15 years later. I would contend his noble gesture was about more than defending the character of his political opponent. It was about having the courage to tell the truth to Crazy, come what may.

When the elderly lady said she heard Obama is an Arab I assume she meant she heard he is a Muslim. After all, he's not an Arab he's from Kenya (kidding). Immediately suggesting she was a consumer of right wing media and the lies it spews. It isn't just McCain's sense of fairness we need more of. Specifically, it's a willingness on the part of POT candidates to speak the truth to their constituents when confronted with misinformation.

I say that while fully acknowledging doing so will put many of them in peril of being primaried or losing a general election. Because conservative voters in their districts do not want to be told by a Repub candidate his or her opponent is not a baby eating communist. That gun control doesn't mean gun confiscation. That protecting a woman's reproductive rights doesn't make someone a baby killer. That Trump lost the election and voter fraud in this country is barely measurable.

Candidates need to go back to having fact based debates on the issues in front of informed audiences equipped to make informed decisions about the country's future. That's not going to happen as long as campaigns clouded by accusations of pedophilia, corruption, and alarmism go unchallenged.

That's because you have no clue.

I regard what John McCain did that evening as one of the bright and shining moments of the 2008 campaign. Of any campaign in recent history. Doing the decent, honorable, truthful thing seems quaint and totally unrealistic just 15 years later. I would contend his noble gesture was about more than defending the character of his political opponent. It was about having the courage to tell the truth to Crazy, come what may.

When the elderly lady said she heard Obama is an Arab I assume she meant she heard he is a Muslim. After all, he's not an Arab he's from Kenya (kidding). Immediately suggesting she was a consumer of right wing media and the lies it spews. It isn't just McCain's sense of fairness we need more of. Specifically, it's a willingness on the part of POT candidates to speak the truth to their constituents when confronted with misinformation.

I say that while fully acknowledging doing so will put many of them in peril of being primaried or losing a general election. Because conservative voters in their districts do not want to be told by a Repub candidate his or her opponent is not a baby eating communist. That gun control doesn't mean gun confiscation. That protecting a woman's reproductive rights doesn't make someone a baby killer. That Trump lost the election and voter fraud in this country is barely measurable.

Candidates need to go back to having fact based debates on the issues in front of informed audiences equipped to make informed decisions about the country's future. That's not going to happen as long as campaigns clouded by accusations of pedophilia, corruption, and alarmism go unchallenged.

Yet Sinema and Manchin are quislings, right?

You only want civility from the other side, because you can take advantage of it.

I am not interested in litigating old news

You and the washington Deep State establishment lied about trump

Libs couldnt stop him from taking office but they did manage to hogtie his administration and deny trump voters the fruits of their victory
Well, since Trump voters represented a minority (in both elections) 2016 was more of a victory for the anachronistic EC than the country.

Well, since Trump voters represented a minority (in both elections) 2016 was more of a victory for the anachronistic EC than the country.

It's the way the system was designed. The House represents the people, The Senate (used to) represent the States, and the President represents a population weighted majority of the States.

Yet Sinema and Manchin are quislings, right?

You only want civility from the other side, because you can take advantage of it.
I think we would benefit if politicians from both sides did not allow egregious lies about their opponents fomented by the media to go unchallenged. Whether you want to admit it or not the preponderance of those lies come from the Right.

Obama is NOT a decent man. He is a liar. He is a corporatist. He is a war monger.
Thats not "decent" qualities of a person.
Granted, those words are coming from a fellow sorry POS. Mccain is just like him.

Whether you want to admit it or not the preponderance of those lies come from the Right.
BINGO! Just like that time a Republican Presidential candidate paid a foreign spy to come up with a fake dossier on her opponent?

It's the way the system was designed. The House represents the people, The Senate (used to) represent the States, and the President represents a population weighted majority of the States.
But I'm sure you will admit while Trump had the opportunity to be gracious by acknowledging a majority of Americans did not support him or his views, he instead made baseless claims (lies) about millions of illegal aliens voting for Hillary. It was never his intent to be the nation's prez, only a prez who tried to please his minions.

Obama is NOT a decent man. He is a liar. He is a corporatist. He is a war monger.
Thats not "decent" qualities of a person.
Granted, those words are coming from a fellow sorry POS. Mccain is just like him.
was just like him :funnyface:

BINGO! Just like that time a Republican Presidential candidate paid a foreign spy to come up with a fake dossier on her opponent?
Mischaracterizing the circumstances under which the dossier came to be isn't just dishonest, it's an example of the kind of misinformation Repubs would have done well to refute. So thanks for that.

McCain/Feingold bill led us to the Citizens United ruling, McCain was part of the ruin of politics in our country.
I don't think any serious person can fairly blame McCain for the SC's incredibly damaging ruling.

I think we would benefit if politicians from both sides did not allow egregious lies about their opponents fomented by the media to go unchallenged. Whether you want to admit it or not the preponderance of those lies come from the Right.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Book "bans" is just one example of the left lying.

I know of no reason to suppose that O'Bama was anything other than a decent human being, despite his insidious policies and actions as President. Any criticism should be based on his well-earned status as the second-worst President in American history.

3rd worst now. Both Trump and Biden were/are worse

But I'm sure you will admit while Trump had the opportunity to be gracious by acknowledging a majority of Americans did not support him or his views, he instead made baseless claims (lies) about millions of illegal aliens voting for Hillary. It was never his intent to be the nation's prez, only a prez who tried to please his minions.

Why should he when no one else does? Again, holding him to a standard you never hold anyone else to.

Biden is trying to please me? Someone who wouldn't vote for him if a gun was placed to my head?

I don't think any serious person can fairly blame McCain for the SC's incredibly damaging ruling.
I didn’t vote for McCain because even I knew and experts agreed, so many of us saw how this would play out. You just like McCain because he plays to your politics which is much more important to you than his terrible bill that ruined US politics.

Forum List

Back