We desperately need much more of this.

I regard what John McCain did that evening as one of the bright and shining moments of the 2008 campaign. Of any campaign in recent history. Doing the decent, honorable, truthful thing seems quaint and totally unrealistic just 15 years later. I would contend his noble gesture was about more than defending the character of his political opponent. It was about having the courage to tell the truth to Crazy, come what may.

When the elderly lady said she heard Obama is an Arab I assume she meant she heard he is a Muslim. After all, he's not an Arab he's from Kenya (kidding). Immediately suggesting she was a consumer of right wing media and the lies it spews. It isn't just McCain's sense of fairness we need more of. Specifically, it's a willingness on the part of POT candidates to speak the truth to their constituents when confronted with misinformation.

I say that while fully acknowledging doing so will put many of them in peril of being primaried or losing a general election. Because conservative voters in their districts do not want to be told by a Repub candidate his or her opponent is not a baby eating communist. That gun control doesn't mean gun confiscation. That protecting a woman's reproductive rights doesn't make someone a baby killer. That Trump lost the election and voter fraud in this country is barely measurable.

Candidates need to go back to having fact based debates on the issues in front of informed audiences equipped to make informed decisions about the country's future. That's not going to happen as long as campaigns clouded by accusations of pedophilia, corruption, and alarmism go unchallenged.

You might want to start with the divisive simp you put the WH.

I anticipated that would be someone's response. Allow me to ask a question in return. What completely baseless accusation, like the elderly lady's, has been made against Trump that you feel should be corrected?
LOL 91 criminal charges by partisan DEmocrat prosecutors ring any bells?

How is your specious claim relevant to the conversation?

1st up in the article of McCaine accomplishments is McCaine corruption with the Keating 5.

2nd up, holding hands with Democrat John Kerry, who through his wartime medals in the garbage. Working to normalize relations with Vietnam.

3rd, immigration reform, which failed completely.

4th, called for letting the democrats win on all the issues

5th, voted for the extremely damaging Obamacare

Nice article to share, how does pointing out MCCaine's failures denounce my comments in any way.

People post Google links without reading the content. All that matters is the headline. That is why we have so many voters or users here, that make themselves look ignorant and stupid.

In the US point to a currently "banned" book.

I mean banned banned, not "we don't want this smut in a school library" banned.

See post #16.
LOL Yup. "There's an awful lot of good blacks in the country"

Dis some how miss his speech after speech after speech where call half of the country "extremists" that a "threat to democracy"

And Hillary want to send half of the country to reeducation camps to be deprogrammed?

Mischaracterizing the circumstances under which the dossier came to be isn't just dishonest, it's an example of the kind of misinformation Repubs would have done well to refute. So thanks for that.
LOL Hillary didn't hire Steele to cook up Russian bullshit about Trump? LOL

Mischaracterizing the circumstances under which the dossier came to be isn't just dishonest, it's an example of the kind of misinformation Repubs would have done well to refute. So thanks for that.
McCaine gave the fake dossier to the FBI

this is one of many reasons McCaine is considered garbage

Last edited:

Forum List

Back