We can't compromise! We can't collaborate! We can't cooperate!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm sure glad these guys didn't say what today's parties are saying.
Constitutional-Convention.jpg

Thanks for the lesson in adulting, Mac. How is that 10 year experiment coming along? Any helpful conclusions yet?
I'm sure this means something.

Too many people like this, with too much influence.

There is not too much I can compromise on.

The goal of the other side is to permanently marginalize and oppress me and my people.

Before Trump they were openly gloating that "the next Republican President hasn't been born yet".

What can I do with that?

The only people you can compromise with are those you have common views on
You can't collaborate with people who hate what you stand for
You can't cooperate with people who hate your very existence.

Thanks for the lesson in adulting, Mac. How is that 10 year experiment coming along? Any helpful conclusions yet?
I'm sure this means something.

Too many people like this, with too much influence.

There is not too much I can compromise on.

The goal of the other side is to permanently marginalize and oppress me and my people.

Before Trump they were openly gloating that "the next Republican President hasn't been born yet".

What can I do with that?
Sometimes it means just not getting what you want. Maybe you're just wrong on some things, and the other guys will be proven right.

Or maybe by working together we'll come up with new approaches. It sure works in the business world. Innovation.

But we get nowhere if the goal is to beat the other side. Then it becomes party over country.

Last edited:
The two ends are choosing to hate each other. No one is making this happen.

So we may need each of them to get their shit together before asking them to work together.

This wouldn't happen if people would stick to the issues instead of letting the tail wag the dog.

So we may need each of them to get their shit together before asking them to work together.
I don't want to work with them because we have nothing in common and calling yourself an American doesn't make that something in common.

There will never be the cooperation of ideas, when all politics are strictly ideologically driven with the attitude of "it's my way or get out of the way". That approach is guaranteed to fail, when you have a country that achieved it's greatness by citizens and leaders with a diverse menu of ideas and ideals.
There not enough adults in the room today leading America as demonstrated by some of the childish responses to the OP.

I don't want to work with them because we have nothing in common and calling yourself an American doesn't make that something in common.
Well, that's the problem. The people who are willing to collaborate will be the people who end up improving things.

There will never be the cooperation of ideas, when all politics are strictly ideologically driven with the attitude of "it's my way or get out of the way". That approach is guaranteed to fail, when you have a country that achieved it's greatness by citizens and leaders with a diverse menu of ideas and ideals.
There not enough adults in the room today leading America as demonstrated by some of the childish responses to the OP.
Yep, sad but true.

This is a choice we're making. A lot of people have been led down the wrong road. Hopefully this trajectory shifts before it's too late.

Well, that's the problem. The people who are willing to collaborate will be the people who end up improving things.
Nope, the change will go to the last person standing.

Nope, the change will go to the last person standing.
Do you feel that your way of doing things is the only way to get them done properly?

Your post sucks, and you lick donkey balls.

This Country is more united than I can ever remember. Partisans dont like each other? Oh thats new!

Go outside.
Look at statistics, not a conglomerate of news stories.

People are awesome.

Whoa!!! The tax cheat with the 23 biceps is back!

How ya doin' Reb? Still a lying POS?

Forum List

Back