We are a Nation Divided

We never always shared the same values. This 'nation divided' thing is hardly a new or threatening concept to the United States as a whole.

We used to agree on where the USA ended and where Mexico began and Progressives have decided that no longer applies.

This is new.

Didn't Reagan sign an amnesty law in 1986?

Doesn't seem that new to me.

Has NOTHING to so with AZ taking a stand to enforce the borders NOTHING!

And has even less than nothing to do with Progressives (including Dubya and Juan McCain) that are erasing the border

No we're not...it was MUCH worse in the 60s.

I disagree. The radical left was a much smaller % of total population than it is today.

The brainwashing that some far left college campuses have instituted, combined with the erasing of God from schools, the attack and dismemberment of the nuclear family structure, has resulted in a large growth in the number of Americans who worship the far left agenda.

American exceptionalism and the far left agenda do not and cannot coexist.

Crusader is right. We are so divided, and so entrenched on each side, that I feel there is no chance of compromise.

I will say, it is truly a remarkable time in American history. I do not see how our country can survive the current state it is in, financially, morally and politically. We are overdue for a massive, landmark moment in this country's history, maybe equal to 1776, 1861, 1944, etc, etc. The instensity on each side is growing hotter.

I, of course, feel the left wing ideology is like a mental oil spill in the mind of American values. I wish every liberal in the USA would move to California and live in their own liberal utopia and have it paid for by the CA state gov't, of course, with a federal law prohibiting a federal bailout of that state's government, and let them see where that road takes them.

It's clear we no longer share the same values including the most basic notion of what it means to be a nation. We are only arguing about the degree and speed of the death spiral we are in as a nation.

The Progressives who control the Democrat Party believe we have no right to secure our borders nor should we have any means of controlling who we are as a people. In fact, they are actively supporting the supplanting of American culture, property and civil society with an Illegal Mexican invasion.

There's no compromising, there's no room for negotiating; one group must win the other must Unconditionally Surrender.

We never always shared the same values. This 'nation divided' thing is hardly a new or threatening concept to the United States as a whole.

We used to agree on where the USA ended and where Mexico began and Progressives have decided that no longer applies.

This is new.

Actually, no, "We" never did agree. Many Americans agreed, except leftists.

But numerous Mexican leaders, Hispanic rights groups, like the completely non-racist group La Raza (translated "The Race"), have stated the Southwest United States is in fact Mexican territory and will one day be taken back by Mexico.

I think only the right and right leaning independents agree on a US-Mexican border. All others think it is partly Mexican territory still.

This is new.

Has NOTHING to so with AZ taking a stand to enforce the borders NOTHING!

And has even less than nothing to do with Progressives (including Dubya and Juan McCain) that are erasing the border

But it does have quite a bit to do with you claiming that this is a "new" thing. This has been a firebrand issue for a hundred years. This is NOT a "new" thing.

Both Gore and Kerry are afforded much more respect in this nation and in the world than George W. Bush.

Gore?....the guy is considered just a little bit loony and most intelligent people have seen through his ruse.....he is out to make a buck,which he has done in spades....all at the expense of those who bought his shit.....in my opinion Gore and Bush are both asswipes who have helped fuck this country over either willfully (Gore) or listening to people who were bigger assholes then themselves (Bush)....and Kerry?....i dont have any respect for a guy who has someone lay out his Hanes every morning...

boxers or briefs?

your a woman Willow....you go find out....ill pass....:lol:

This is new.

No...unless you're in your 20s...then the 1980s is ancient history.

Again, this is absolutely nothing like our divisions in the 60s.

This is new.

it's much much worse and getting worser by the minute.. tweety is freaking out I tell ya..

This is new.

I don't disagree with you.

And I am in my 20s. Late 20s, but I'm still a year away from the three decade mark.

We haven't seen nothing yet.
Wait until Obama, under Executive Order, signs a comprehensive amnesty bill well before the 2012 election.

Yes, that kind of thing really divided that when Reagan did it in the 80s. No.....wait.

In 1986, the U.S. hadn't outsourced manufacturing to the degree it has today, unemployment was lower, and Mexico was not a Narco-State yet.
That was then, it is what it is now.
If I inserted myself into your partisan-puke historical time-machine, I could debate, illogically of course, that Obama is as big an appeaser as regards Iran, as Neville Chamberlain was, as regards Germany :lol:. That would be borrowing a page from your blind partisan-puke playbook.
I also see 'Dr. Is Out' bought a ticket to ride your time-machine and grade-school logic, which is, in so many words, infers, "Well if Reagan did it, Obama can too......".
Blind-partisan B.S..

And I am in my 20s. Late 20s, but I'm still a year away from the three decade mark.

Whoa, late 20's.
I'm 3 years away from the 6 decade mark, and don't have to run to Wikipedia 24/7 to try to grasp history that I've lived through, Junior.

The difference between now and the 60's is that the drama queens have an easier way to congregate over the internet about how their way of life is being utterly destroyed by the evil opposition and instead of getting off of their fat sloppy asses as if they were serious, 90% of them just whine in internet threads and give each other "rep" and Borat "high fiiive!"

I disagree. The radical left was a much smaller % of total population than it is today.

The brainwashing that some far left college campuses have instituted, combined with the erasing of God from schools, the attack and dismemberment of the nuclear family structure, has resulted in a large growth in the number of Americans who worship the far left agenda.

Crusader is right. We are so divided, and so entrenched on each side, that I feel there is no chance of compromise.

I will say, it is truly a remarkable time in American history. I do not see how our country can survive the current state it is in, financially, morally and politically. We are overdue for a massive, landmark moment in this country's history, maybe equal to 1776, 1861, 1944, etc, etc. The instensity on each side is growing hotter.

I, of course, feel the left wing ideology is like a mental oil spill in the mind of American values. I wish every liberal in the USA would move to California and live in their own liberal utopia and have it paid for by the CA state gov't, of course, with a federal law prohibiting a federal bailout of that state's government, and let them see where that road takes them.

Are you serious? Never read a book or watched anything on TV?

We had three major assasinations in the 60s, Civil Rights Protests, Anti War protests, Riots.....

You think a bunch of fat assed Tea Baggers compares to the 60s?

Are you serious? Never read a book or watched anything on TV?

We had three major assasinations in the 60s, Civil Rights Protests, Anti War protests, Riots.....

You think a bunch of fat assed Tea Baggers compares to the 60s?

No, I don't think they compare. Why?

The 60's left wing radical protesters WERE VIOLENT.

The 00's right wing Tea Party is peaceful.

The reason we haven't had the assassination attempts the last 20 years, Thank God, is because of how great our FBI, Secret Service, local police and intell services are. Fact is we didn't have the intell capability then that we do now. Last attempt was what, on Reagan? Since then a lot of threats, thank God no attempts.

My point is the 60's were intense, but the % of people involved was less. The % of Americans who are damn pissed at the direction of our country is huge compared to then. TV, 24 hour news, internet has a lot to do with that.

But I'll concede you that point: Left wing protests in the 60's were very violent, right wing ones today are not. Point WELL noted.

The lefties of the sixties then would make the Tea Party folks fall over in a dead faint.

Bucs90 is flatly a loon.

Whoa, late 20's.
I'm 3 years away from the 6 decade mark, and don't have to run to Wikipedia 24/7 to try to grasp history that I've lived through, Junior.

Good for you, Senior. Have some prune juice, or make a point.

The difference between now and the 60's is that the drama queens have an easier way to congregate over the internet about how their way of life is being utterly destroyed by the evil opposition and instead of getting off of their fat sloppy asses as if they were serious, 90% of them just whine in internet threads and give each other "rep" and Borat "high fiiive!"

:lol:

I gave you a :clap2: "rep" for bashing my fat ass for giving people rep!

And most of the collegiate brainwashed current left presently in their 20's or younger, will not have the opportunity to establish a successful small business like I, and many others in my generation have, because the barriers to entry to be able to do that will be too great for them to succeed, no less the business and personal taxes they'll have to pay.
As a result, most will end up in deadend jobs they'll hate and despise throughout their lives, working for some over controlling boss, and the amercan dream will be just a ghost that stands behind their shoulder, and they'll never be able to figure out how and why this happened.

Last edited:
The lefties of the sixties then would make the Tea Party folks fall over in a dead faint.

Bucs90 is flatly a loon.

Point taken.

LEFT wing 60's protesters: Violent and radical.

RIGHT wing 00's protesters: Peaceful and timid.

I'll remember that for future debate.

Bucs90 is flatly a loon.

Hey dumb ass.... who do you think the lefties of today are?????

They are 60's retreads..... and unless you guys pull some tricks to win in November, we are going to kick your asses at the polls.

That is unless you guys let Mickey Mouse and dead folks vote again.

Nope, the Tea Party protesters, many of them, are bad people. However, they are flatly not as bad as the New Lefties of the Sixties. The Tea Party is a spent force and will recede by election day and disappear thereafter.

Forum List

Back