We are a Nation Divided

No we're not...it was MUCH worse in the 60s.

I disagree. The radical left was a much smaller % of total population than it is today.

The brainwashing that some far left college campuses have instituted, combined with the erasing of God from schools, the attack and dismemberment of the nuclear family structure, has resulted in a large growth in the number of Americans who worship the far left agenda.

American exceptionalism and the far left agenda do not and cannot coexist.

Crusader is right. We are so divided, and so entrenched on each side, that I feel there is no chance of compromise.

I will say, it is truly a remarkable time in American history. I do not see how our country can survive the current state it is in, financially, morally and politically. We are overdue for a massive, landmark moment in this country's history, maybe equal to 1776, 1861, 1944, etc, etc. The instensity on each side is growing hotter.

I, of course, feel the left wing ideology is like a mental oil spill in the mind of American values. I wish every liberal in the USA would move to California and live in their own liberal utopia and have it paid for by the CA state gov't, of course, with a federal law prohibiting a federal bailout of that state's government, and let them see where that road takes them.

And most of the collegiate brainwashed current left presently in their 20's or younger, will not have the opportunity to establish a successful small business like I, and many others in my generation have, because the barriers to entry to be able to do that will be too great for them to succeed, no less the business and personal taxes they'll have to pay.
As a result, most will end up in deadend jobs they'll hate and despise throughout their lives, and the amercan dream will be just a ghost that stands behind their shoulder, and they'll never be able to figure out how and why this happened.

Thats so sad too. The 25 year olds of today who worship Obama, preach about fairness and open borders, government health care, high taxes on the rich, etc, etc................are gonna be 40 years old down the road wondering "What the F**K happened?" and wondering why there are no jobs, China is dominating the world, they are living 3 families per household, and the government has tripled taxes on citizens to pay for entitlement programs that have been bankrupted.

The lefties of the sixties then would make the Tea Party folks fall over in a dead faint.

Bucs90 is flatly a loon.

Hey dumb ass.... who do you think the lefties of today are?????

They are 60's retreads..... and unless you guys pull some tricks to win in November, we are going to kick your asses at the polls.

That is unless you guys let Mickey Mouse and dead folks vote again.

If the Lefties of then were the Lefties of now, you sad sack, you would be in a labor camp.

Be glad that we of the center protect your freedoms.

I don't disagree with you.

And I am in my 20s. Late 20s, but I'm still a year away from the three decade mark.

Whoa, late 20's.
I'm 3 years away from the 6 decade mark, and don't have to run to Wikipedia 24/7 to try to grasp history that I've lived through, Junior.

Good for you, Senior. Have some prune juice, or make a point.

Point made in my post #97, but too bad. You won't relate, but even more sadly, won't ever be able to relate.

I disagree. The radical left was a much smaller % of total population than it is today.

The brainwashing that some far left college campuses have instituted, combined with the erasing of God from schools, the attack and dismemberment of the nuclear family structure, has resulted in a large growth in the number of Americans who worship the far left agenda.

Crusader is right. We are so divided, and so entrenched on each side, that I feel there is no chance of compromise.

I will say, it is truly a remarkable time in American history. I do not see how our country can survive the current state it is in, financially, morally and politically. We are overdue for a massive, landmark moment in this country's history, maybe equal to 1776, 1861, 1944, etc, etc. The instensity on each side is growing hotter.

I, of course, feel the left wing ideology is like a mental oil spill in the mind of American values. I wish every liberal in the USA would move to California and live in their own liberal utopia and have it paid for by the CA state gov't, of course, with a federal law prohibiting a federal bailout of that state's government, and let them see where that road takes them.

And most of the collegiate brainwashed current left presently in their 20's or younger, will not have the opportunity to establish a successful small business like I, and many others in my generation have, because the barriers to entry to be able to do that will be too great for them to succeed, no less the business and personal taxes they'll have to pay.
As a result, most will end up in deadend jobs they'll hate and despise throughout their lives, and the amercan dream will be just a ghost that stands behind their shoulder, and they'll never be able to figure out how and why this happened.

Thats so sad too. The 25 year olds of today who worship Obama, preach about fairness and open borders, government health care, high taxes on the rich, etc, etc................are gonna be 40 years old down the road wondering "What the F**K happened?" and wondering why there are no jobs, China is dominating the world, they are living 3 families per household, and the government has tripled taxes on citizens to pay for entitlement programs that have been bankrupted.

Jeez, you talk just like the Righties of the 60s, and, yep, that sure is what happened.

Nope, the Tea Party protesters, many of them, are bad people. However, they are flatly not as bad as the New Lefties of the Sixties. The Tea Party is a spent force and will recede by election day and disappear thereafter.

How are they "bad people?"

Wanting their kids not to be bankrupt or live in a bankrupt country? Is that bad?

Wanting to keep their income rather than sending more and more $$$ to D.C. only to be wasted?

Tell me why they are bad people??

And well noted: Left wing protests were much more violent and radical. Thats something to be proud of:cuckoo:

Nope, the Tea Party protesters, many of them, are bad people. However, they are flatly not as bad as the New Lefties of the Sixties. The Tea Party is a spent force and will recede by election day and disappear thereafter.

Wanting their kids not to be bankrupt or live in a bankrupt country? Is that bad?

Wanting to keep their income rather than sending more and more $$$ to D.C. only to be wasted?

And well noted: Left wing protests were much more violent and radical. Thats something to be proud of:cuckoo:

Nope, the Tea Party members, many of them, are bad people, clearly.

Your whining changes none of that.

Jeez, you talk just like the Righties of the 60s, and, yep, that sure is what happened.

Has our society not rotted since then? Morality has nearly vanished. Sex, drugs, secularism dominate our youth culture. Our citizens are in debt to their eyeballs with credit card and mortage debt, our national debt is astronomical. Our country has slowly rotted since the 60's, since the slow acceptance of left wing liberalism. It's a cancer that is slowly killing the United States.

Is that all you got? Just "clearly"? Nothing to back it up?

I'm a Tea Party guy. I dont' want the US to go bankrupt. I want my kids to live a better life than I did. I want my state and fed gov't to be able to pay their soldiers, cops and teachers, not write IOU's in 2020. I don't want a flood of unknown persons entering the country, rolling the dice and who is and isn't coming here.

You're gonna have to provide more than just "are bad people, clearly."

The fifties - corporate and industrial pollution of the land scape, corruption of local officials, overt and covert racism, murder and torture and rape of minorities by whites, etc.

You are crazy if anyone today wants to live back then.

I'm a Tea Party guy. I dont' want the US to go bankrupt. I want my kids to live a better life than I did. I want my state and fed gov't to be able to pay their soldiers, cops and teachers, not write IOU's in 2020. I don't want a flood of unknown persons entering the country, rolling the dice and who is and isn't coming here.

Then you never should have supported the GOP from 1994 to 2006, you idiot.

Then you never should have supported the GOP from 1994 to 2006, you idiot.

Jake sure does promote "A Nation Divided" :lol:

It's clear we no longer share the same values including the most basic notion of what it means to be a nation. We are only arguing about the degree and speed of the death spiral we are in as a nation.

The Progressives who control the Democrat Party believe we have no right to secure our borders nor should we have any means of controlling who we are as a people. In fact, they are actively supporting the supplanting of American culture, property and civil society with an Illegal Mexican invasion.

There's no compromising, there's no room for negotiating; one group must win the other must Unconditionally Surrender.

We never always shared the same values. This 'nation divided' thing is hardly a new or threatening concept to the United States as a whole.

We used to agree on where the USA ended and where Mexico began and Progressives have decided that no longer applies.

This is new.

No, it's not new. As TheDoctorIsIn said, the immigration debate isn't really new.

Plus, you know who didn't agree where the USA ended and Mexico began? Texans.

Whoa, late 20's.
I'm 3 years away from the 6 decade mark, and don't have to run to Wikipedia 24/7 to try to grasp history that I've lived through, Junior.

Point made in my post #97, but too bad. You won't relate, but even more sadly, won't ever be able to relate.

You're quite a fool to make assumptions on things you know nothing about - namely, my private life.

I own my own business. I make quite a bit of money doing it, and I enjoy it very much. I'm a political consultant, specifically an elections communications consultant.

I probably make more money than you did when you were 29. Hell, statistically, I probably make more than you do now.

But continue to be that particular sort of older man who is convinced that they know everything, even while the next generation slowly takes control of the world.

...The Progressives who control the Democrat Party believe we have no right to secure our borders nor should we have any means of controlling who we are as a people. In fact, they are actively supporting the supplanting of American culture, property and civil society with an Illegal Mexican invasion...

Then why is Obama on track to deport 10% more illegals than Bush did in 2008, and perform more than 4 times as many company audits?

Just two simple questions...

When did this illegal immigration problem start?

How do Obama's policies on illegal immigration differ from those of previous administrations?

GO.

You're quite a fool to make assumptions on things you know nothing about - namely, my private life.

I own my own business. I make quite a bit of money doing it, and I enjoy it very much. I'm a political consultant, specifically an elections communications consultant.

I probably make more money than you did when you were 29. Hell, statistically, I probably make more than you do now.

But continue to be that particular sort of older man who is convinced that they know everything, even while the next generation slowly takes control of the world.

I can only take your word on this. (But, I don't).
But based on your posts, methinks, at most, you work for someone else part-time as a political consultant, in a real peripheral sense, that is not your primary income.
I'm old, but not a total fool :lol:.
Nice try though, lemming.

...The Progressives who control the Democrat Party believe we have no right to secure our borders nor should we have any means of controlling who we are as a people. In fact, they are actively supporting the supplanting of American culture, property and civil society with an Illegal Mexican invasion...

Then why is Obama on track to deport 10% more illegals than Bush did in 2008, and perform more than 4 times as many company audits?

You do the math, Mr. Political Consultant.
Thousands of more border patrol officers/employees were hired, Ignatz. :cuckoo:.

Last edited:

Are you serious? Never read a book or watched anything on TV?

We had three major assasinations in the 60s, Civil Rights Protests, Anti War protests, Riots.....

You think a bunch of fat assed Tea Baggers compares to the 60s?

No, I don't think they compare. Why?

The 60's left wing radical protesters WERE VIOLENT.

The 00's right wing Tea Party is peaceful.

The reason we haven't had the assassination attempts the last 20 years, Thank God, is because of how great our FBI, Secret Service, local police and intell services are. Fact is we didn't have the intell capability then that we do now. Last attempt was what, on Reagan? Since then a lot of threats, thank God no attempts.

My point is the 60's were intense, but the % of people involved was less. The % of Americans who are damn pissed at the direction of our country is huge compared to then. TV, 24 hour news, internet has a lot to do with that.

But I'll concede you that point: Left wing protests in the 60's were very violent, right wing ones today are not. Point WELL noted.

don't you remember those buddhist monks setting themselves on fire? that was pretty damn radical.. course they didn't belong to the Tea Party so fer as I can ascertain. :eusa_angel:

I can only take your word on this. (But, I don't).
But based on your posts, methinks, at most, you work for someone else part-time as a political consultant, in a real peripheral sense, that is not your primary income.
I'm old, but not a total fool :lol:.
Nice try though, lemming.

Your opinion on what I do for a living really means nothing to me. If it makes you feel better about your life, by all means believe what you want.

Forum List

Back