Watching Earthquake Reports on FOX News

I appreciate Infidel swinging in and bravely defending FOX news with his "powerful" neg reps.

I call them as I sees them....stumbling, staggering, sentences about the earthquake that even a child can do better with.....FOX News.

(However, I expect they would have done better if Anna Nicole Smith had been killed in the tsunami.)

List the parts of the story they got wrong if you don't mind. otherwise you risk looking like a fucking moron.... oh wait. :lol::lol::lol: nebbermind. :cuckoo:

Fox News gives you a view of the earthquake from a blonde perspective

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Does an Earthquake look any different from Rachel "It's Bush's Fault" Maddow's POV?

84306655.jpg

Oh my god Samson, you turn right back to Fox before I hurl ya hear me? Where in the fuck did she find those glasses?

They are commonly known as BCDs

People posting here from the right have no problem demonizing Obama about some minor "issue" at the same time some tragedy is occurring, like his use of a teleprompter when he first discussed the BP oil crisis, ignoring the crisis itself, but they sure do get all riled when someone pokes fun at their precious Fox & Friends, et al.

Par for the course, I suppose.

5th largest earth quake in the world in the 1900's.

Nuclear reactor developing possible radioactive leak.

I appreciate Infidel swinging in and bravely defending FOX news with his "powerful" neg reps.

I call them as I sees them....stumbling, staggering, sentences about the earthquake that even a child can do better with.....FOX News.

(However, I expect they would have done better if Anna Nicole Smith had been killed in the tsunami.)

List the parts of the story they got wrong if you don't mind. otherwise you risk looking like a fucking moron.... oh wait. :lol::lol::lol: nebbermind. :cuckoo:

Are you sure you weren't on duty as one of their "reporters" this morning? I seem to recognize the...er...professionalism of FOX "Real" News.

Fox News gives you a view of the earthquake from a blonde perspective

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Does an Earthquake look any different from Rachel "It's Bush's Fault" Maddow's POV?

84306655.jpg

Oh my god Samson, you turn right back to Fox before I hurl ya hear me? Where in the fuck did she find those glasses?

They're the very same pair that Burgess Merideth broke in that Twilight Zone episode...

"It's not fair. I had time now. It's not fair."

Apparently, people in liberal wastelands haven't learned about that new device that lets you change your TV channel to one you want to watch... Who knows - maybe it's just senility kicking in...

I guess it's more productive for them to watch FNC, then head right out to the internet and complain about it... which as we know, has only rarely happened here...

Painful....it's like they are in WAY over their heads when it comes to reporting REAL news. (Which is something they called it about 5 minutes ago...."REAL news"....well, duh!)

I remember when you used to make threads and posts with substance and discussion value.

Did the forum finally break your spirit?

If you don't like a station, you don't watch the station.

Making cheap politics at this time and in this manner is way beyond crass.

As to the news itself, the pictures tell a story in themselves. I was just watching Tsunami viedeo. That was scary and amazing stuff.

There was, BTW, an anime about this kind of thing happening that was popular last year. Basic story was about a girl visiting an amusement park with her parents, who got killed in the quake, and how she and her younger brother coped in the aftermath.

The Japanese are dealing with a lot of garbage right now. We don't need to go down the low road when we could be being constructive here.

I saw a tiny bit of Fox News today to catch some news on the Earthquake and the tsunamis. At the moment I tuned in, the Fox News "anchors" were discussing the problem with the nuclear reactor's cooling system in Japan. And the graphics showed a RAGING inferno of a blaze.

But the blaze was at an unrelated energy company (natural gas and oil, I think it was) and had nothing to do with the story about the nuclear reactor's cooling system.

Just as I was getting irritated by this overlap of image on unrelated story, the female anchor shared the information that the fire was at a different location and had nothing to do with the nuclear reactor story.

Well, that was good. Still made me wonder, though, why the editors in the control room at Fox News were looping the gas inferno footage over the nuclear reactor story.

And yet, oddly, I don't think there was anything "political" in it. It was just a lapse in the reporting.

In the interim, as horrible as the quake was and the tsunami was, is anybody at all worried about the prospect of a China Syndrome or a Chernobyl going on in Japan?

I saw a tiny bit of Fox News today to catch some news on the Earthquake and the tsunamis. At the moment I tuned in, the Fox News "anchors" were discussing the problem with the nuclear reactor's cooling system in Japan. And the graphics showed a RAGING inferno of a blaze.

But the blaze was at an unrelated energy company (natural gas and oil, I think it was) and had nothing to do with the story about the nuclear reactor's cooling system.

Just as I was getting irritated by this overlap of image on unrelated story, the female anchor shared the information that the fire was at a different location and had nothing to do with the nuclear reactor story.

Well, that was good. Still made me wonder, though, why the editors in the control room at Fox News were looping the gas inferno footage over the nuclear reactor story.

And yet, oddly, I don't think there was anything "political" in it. It was just a lapse in the reporting.

In the interim, as horrible as the quake was and the tsunami was, is anybody at all worried about the prospect of a China Syndrome or a Chernobyl going on in Japan?

at first i heard they cooled it down with water, now they are saying the china syndrome could still happen....???? gosh, i hope not....!!!

Very much so. They have a lot of nuke reactors over there.

But I do think control procedures would take care of most of the issue. Anything over a 4.5 should cause the rods to drop, and then the power would come back on when things are ok.

There might be lots of leaks of contaminated water. Chernobyl kind of thing would be impossible in Japan (They wouldn't have weapon building reactors) and an Iowa syndrome kind of thing (this is the orient after all) is unlikely because the nuke fires are banked hard in this kind of situation.

here is a wiki link on how these things work.

To turn them on, control rods are pulled up and removed so the neutrons can move freely through the core. When they want to turn it off, they drop the rods of neutron absorbing materials so the reactions stop.

The water is a scary thing, as the water is used to absorb the heat from the reaction, and then exchange the heat with water in other pipes that actually run the turbines. That water is also very highly radioactive and poisonous.

Last edited:
I just saw a report that the area near the reactor IS seeing a rise in radiation readings already.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Radiation Level Rising In Fukushima Nuclear Plant Turbine Building

FUKUSHIMA (Kyodo)--The radiation level is rising in the building housing a turbine of the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant following Friday's powerful earthquake, the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Saturday.

The company also said monitoring data suggested the air pressure level has also soared inside the container of the reactor.

2011/03/12 02:24 - Radiation Level Rising In Fukushima Nuclear Plant Turbine Building

Another report I skimmed past indicates that the Japanese might have to "vent" some of the nuclear steam building up the pressure in order to alleviate that pressure and this, too, will increase the radiation readings in the surrounding area.

It's not a good thing when they have to vent radioactive gas and steam.

I'm wondering if the power of that massive quake damaged something in the reactor safety systems other than the cooling system itself?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back