Was Moore banned from a local mall due to his inappropriate activities?

"A lawyer representing a woman who accused Alabama's GOP Senate candidate of sexual assault on Wednesday offered to hand over evidence to a Congressional committee if the committee agrees to hold hearings on the accusations.

Gloria Allred offered to hand over to "an independent expert" a yearbook that reportedly confirms Moore knew her client, Beverly Young Nelson, in 1977 when she was 16 years old.

Moore has denied that he knew Nelson. His attorney, Phillip L. Jauregui, on Wednesday called on Nelson to turn over the yearbook to a neutral party for handwriting analysis.

"We also urge the committees to subpoena Roy Moore to testify under oath about his denials of the accusations made against him," Allred said in a statement.

Allred said she sent letters to the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Ethics requesting that they hold hearings on recent accusations against Moore "within the next two weeks."

"I formally requested that those committees conduct a hearing within the next two weeks regarding the accusations made by the five women who alleged that they were victims of Roy Moore when they were teenagers," Allred said in a statement.

"In the event that either or both Committees agree to conduct our requested hearing, then we would agree to have the original yearbook examined by an independent expert or experts who would obtain exemplars of Mr. Moore’s handwriting during the period in question and compare that handwriting to that contained in the yearbook."

Lawyer: Congress can examine yearbook if hearings are held on Moore accusations

In addition, the woman has agreed to testify under oath. Hell of a lot Moore....than Moore.
dude we have Wolf Blitzer interviewing her she said no. so we have the her actual words.
You lie like you breathe.

Why is Moore afraid to go under oath?

It's not being afraid to, it's just that you don't give fodder to things like this.
Moore has blundered since this thing first came up

His denials and victim hood ring shallow

He should have said that was a character flaw from 40 years ago and there is no recent evidence

If there is no evidence, why admit guilt?

How's it working out for him as he lies about knowing these women?

He is digging a deeper hole

What evidence do you expect after 40 years?

He said/ She said

Do you believe the multiple women or Creepy Roy?

What evidence do you expect? None, that's the point. It's why if something was amiss years ago, you report it years ago.
No. You don’t. Not when it is sexual assault or harassment in the 70’s in a deep red town by a powerful person. Unless you want your reputation trashed.

So it's not deep red now? Why are these women not afraid of their reputations being tarnished today?

He said/ She said

What evidence do you expect? None, that's the point. It's why if something was amiss years ago, you report it years ago.
No. You don’t. Not when it is sexual assault or harassment in the 70’s in a deep red town by a powerful person. Unless you want your reputation trashed.

So it's not deep red now? Why are these women not afraid of their reputations being tarnished today?
40 years ago, the way society and courts treated women and rape was very different.

dude we have Wolf Blitzer interviewing her she said no. so we have the her actual words.

It's not being afraid to, it's just that you don't give fodder to things like this.

He should have said that was a character flaw from 40 years ago and there is no recent evidence

There are inconsistencies on both sides. For instance, the cafe where he supposedly tried to rape that "now" woman never had a back parking lot she claimed where the assault took place. It's now suspected that his so-called signature in the year book is a forgery.

Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports.

Reporter Charles Bethea spoke with over a dozen people who worked or spent time at the Gadsden Mall during that time. They said there were many rumors that Moore was on a list of people banned from the establishment.

Greg Legat, who worked at the mall in the 1980s, told Bethea that he remembers Moore was banned from the shopping center starting around 1979. Legat recalled that the mall was often “filled” with unchaperoned teens.

A local police officer, J.D. Thomas, reportedly often asked Legat to keep an eye out for Moore. ”‘If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him,’” Legat remembers Thomas telling him, according to The New Yorker.

Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson reported Sunday that he had heard similar allegations: “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls.”

Other people who frequented the mall during the 1980s told The New Yorker they believed Moore had been banned for “trying to pick up younger girls.”

Two police officers who worked in the area at the time also told Bethea that Moore was known for hanging around the mall to find dates.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one officer said. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s | HuffPost

Usually when I read about these sex scandals--especially from decades ago, I'm skeptical to believe any of them. I didn't believe all this stuff about Moore either because again, no evidence to support the case of the women making the accusations.

If this report has any validity, I think I will change my mind on this. If there are records showing Moore was banned from the mall due to the activities he's now being accused of, it's an open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.

I realize there are dozens of posts about Moore, but this is a game changer which is why I posted it.

No, he wasn't.

He said/ She said

40 years ago, the way society and courts treated women and rape was very different.

Oh, so that must mean he's guilty of all the accusations thrown at him, is that what you're saying?

There are inconsistencies on both sides. For instance, the cafe where he supposedly tried to rape that "now" woman never had a back parking lot she claimed where the assault took place. It's now suspected that his so-called signature in the year book is a forgery.

His assistant signed his initials DA.....it was not District Attorney......odds are it wasn't moore....

He said/ She said

Oh, so that must mean he's guilty of all the accusations thrown at him, is that what you're saying?
No. I am saying exactly what I said.

An interesting item...

Roy Moore challenged Alabama law that protects rape victims, documents reveal
Roy Moore challenged Alabama law that protects rape victims, documents reveal

As chief justice of Alabama’s supreme court, Moore twice argued that the state’s “rape shield” law should not prevent alleged sex offenders from using certain evidence about their underage accusers’ personal lives to discredit them.

The cases were among 10 between 2013 and 2016 where Moore dissented from the court’s majority and sided with alleged offenders who were appealing to the court as part of their efforts to overturn convictions or punishments for sexual crimes.

A review by the Guardian of all decisions issued by the Alabama-supreme court during Moore’s second stint found decisions on 16 criminal cases that involved alleged sexual crimes. Moore sided with the offender over state prosecutors in 13 of those cases.

On 10 occasions, this meant dissenting from the majority view of the court’s nine judges. Moore sided with the state in the other three cases.

Among Moore’s 10 dissents was the case of David Pittman, who had pleaded guilty to the rape of a 12-year-old girl. Moore in September 2015 said that Pittman ought to have been allowed to present evidence to court indicating that the girl had been sexually active and had a sexually transmitted disease.

“I believe this evidence could be relevant to the complaining witness’s alleged motive in accusing Pittman and that it is not barred by … the rape-shield rule,” Moore wrote in his dissent.

"An Alabama woman who has accused Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexually harassing her in the late 1970s said he was banned from the mall where she worked after she complained about his repeated, unwanted advances toward her.

“I went to my manager and talked to him about it and asked him, basically, what could be done,” Becky Gray told ABC News late Wednesday night. “Later on, he…came back through my department and told me that [Moore] had been banned from the mall.”

Gray said she has grown increasingly frustrated with critics who continue to question the veracity of numerous women’s claims of being sexually harassed four decades ago by the embattled former Alabama chief justice.

“It also upsets me where I read where a person says, 'Well, why didn't they come forward 40 years ago?'" Gray said.
Roy Moore accuser: I got him banned from the mall

Gadsden Mall Manager: Judge Roy Moore Was Not Banned from Mall

Alabama Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore was not banned from the Gadsden Mall as a report earlier this week claimed, according to the mall manager during the alleged time of the ban.

Barnes Boyle, 86, told local Alabama news station WBRC on Thursday that they kept track of reports and that Moore was never banned from the mall.

“Sure, it’s part of the job, yeah. We did have written reports and things, so, but to my knowledge, he was not banned from the mall,” he said during a brief interview.

"A lawyer representing a woman who accused Alabama's GOP Senate candidate of sexual assault on Wednesday offered to hand over evidence to a Congressional committee if the committee agrees to hold hearings on the accusations.

Gloria Allred offered to hand over to "an independent expert" a yearbook that reportedly confirms Moore knew her client, Beverly Young Nelson, in 1977 when she was 16 years old.

Moore has denied that he knew Nelson. His attorney, Phillip L. Jauregui, on Wednesday called on Nelson to turn over the yearbook to a neutral party for handwriting analysis.

"We also urge the committees to subpoena Roy Moore to testify under oath about his denials of the accusations made against him," Allred said in a statement.

Allred said she sent letters to the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Senate Select Committee on Ethics requesting that they hold hearings on recent accusations against Moore "within the next two weeks."

"I formally requested that those committees conduct a hearing within the next two weeks regarding the accusations made by the five women who alleged that they were victims of Roy Moore when they were teenagers," Allred said in a statement.

"In the event that either or both Committees agree to conduct our requested hearing, then we would agree to have the original yearbook examined by an independent expert or experts who would obtain exemplars of Mr. Moore’s handwriting during the period in question and compare that handwriting to that contained in the yearbook."

Lawyer: Congress can examine yearbook if hearings are held on Moore accusations

In addition, the woman has agreed to testify under oath. Hell of a lot Moore....than Moore.

Because if you lie it will come back to bite you? If Moore is guilty, that is when he should have said it was a character flaw from 40 years ago and he was deeply ashamed and regretful. If he is innocent he should stand with the truth. Either way, he sounds like he loved young, nubile girls just as many men do but with maturity have buried any prurient intentions. Men like young women. Why? It makes THEM feel virile and masculine and young.

Whether he was formally banned from the mall or not is irrelevant

The issue is his creepy stalking behavior towards young girls

Avatar, your experience is not the standard of proof.

The public accepts the comments of those involved who said he was banned.

That is the only determinant in this matter.
Who made you king?
I think the fact that the Mall manager was his friend and a direct witness to the lack of a ban being in effect as being very pertinent.
Lack of any evidence is never an obstacle for Democrats.

Because if you lie it will come back to bite you? If Moore is guilty, that is when he should have said it was a character flaw from 40 years ago and he was deeply ashamed and regretful. If he is innocent he should stand with the truth. Either way, he sounds like he loved young, nubile girls just as many men do but with maturity have buried any prurient intentions. Men like young women. Why? It makes THEM feel virile and masculine and young.

Moore's tactic of denial and claiming it is all made up is working against him as more and more women come forward and towns people say they remember there was a problem with Roy and young girls

All Roy had to do was admit he had an attraction to teenaged girls while in his early thirties and that he prayed to Jesus and now, no longer has such feelings

Alabamans would consider it a miracle and vote for him

If you're using a claimed mall ban to support your accusation that he molested young girls, then the actual lack of such a ban is an issue.

If you had the capacity to commit logic, you would understand that. Apparently you believe that the fact that all your "evidence" has been proven to be bullshit isn't an obstacle to people believing your claims.

Last edited:

He said/ She said

and today we seem to be in overdrive to make up for it, which is almost stupid.

as a culture we react, not think. in reacting we tend to go way overboard to stop how far we went overboard the other way. this only creates a swing where we keep going to far to make up for how far we went.

we just need to stop, kick everyone out of the pool for a bit, and figure out just what the hell we're doing and stop the madness.

Evolution has designed men to be attracted to women of child bearing age, no matter how old the men are. That's how nature ensures the species is propagated.

Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports.

Reporter Charles Bethea spoke with over a dozen people who worked or spent time at the Gadsden Mall during that time. They said there were many rumors that Moore was on a list of people banned from the establishment.

Greg Legat, who worked at the mall in the 1980s, told Bethea that he remembers Moore was banned from the shopping center starting around 1979. Legat recalled that the mall was often “filled” with unchaperoned teens.

A local police officer, J.D. Thomas, reportedly often asked Legat to keep an eye out for Moore. ”‘If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him,’” Legat remembers Thomas telling him, according to The New Yorker.

Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson reported Sunday that he had heard similar allegations: “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls.”

Other people who frequented the mall during the 1980s told The New Yorker they believed Moore had been banned for “trying to pick up younger girls.”

Two police officers who worked in the area at the time also told Bethea that Moore was known for hanging around the mall to find dates.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one officer said. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s | HuffPost

Usually when I read about these sex scandals--especially from decades ago, I'm skeptical to believe any of them. I didn't believe all this stuff about Moore either because again, no evidence to support the case of the women making the accusations.

If this report has any validity, I think I will change my mind on this. If there are records showing Moore was banned from the mall due to the activities he's now being accused of, it's an open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.

I realize there are dozens of posts about Moore, but this is a game changer which is why I posted it.

Statements by self proclaimed victims are evidence. Since there has been nothing exculpatory to refute these statements - which legally are a form of direct evidence, you are offering an opinion defending someone you don't know and question - at best - the evidence and their integrity.

No mob of people on the left are yelling "lock him up", the calls for his rejection by his fellow Republicans ought to give a right winger like Ray a moments pause.

Statements by self proclaimed victims are evidence. Since there has been nothing exculpatory to refute these statements - which legally are a form of direct evidence, you are offering an opinion defending someone you don't know and question - at best - the evidence and their integrity.

No mob of people on the left are yelling "lock him up", the calls for his rejection by his fellow Republicans ought to give a right winger like Ray a moments pause.

Statements that are unsubstaniated by any other evidence are worth about as much as the testimony in the Salem witch trials. It's exactly the same kind of evidence, as a matter of fact.

If you're using a claimed mall ban to support your accusation that he molested young girls, then the actual lack of such a ban is an issue.

If you had the capacity to commit logic, you would understand that. Apparently you believe that the fact that all your "evidence" has been proven to be bullshit isn't an obstacle to people believing your claims.

Was it a formal ban as in....if you show up here we will have you arrested
Or was it someone going up to him and saying......we are watching you and you better cut it out

What is clear and has been affirmed by many sources, Roy was engaging in inappropriate behavior that drew the attention of those who frequented the mall

Forum List

Back