Was Moore banned from a local mall due to his inappropriate activities?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports.

Reporter Charles Bethea spoke with over a dozen people who worked or spent time at the Gadsden Mall during that time. They said there were many rumors that Moore was on a list of people banned from the establishment.

Greg Legat, who worked at the mall in the 1980s, told Bethea that he remembers Moore was banned from the shopping center starting around 1979. Legat recalled that the mall was often “filled” with unchaperoned teens.

A local police officer, J.D. Thomas, reportedly often asked Legat to keep an eye out for Moore. ”‘If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him,’” Legat remembers Thomas telling him, according to The New Yorker.

Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson reported Sunday that he had heard similar allegations: “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls.”

Other people who frequented the mall during the 1980s told The New Yorker they believed Moore had been banned for “trying to pick up younger girls.”

Two police officers who worked in the area at the time also told Bethea that Moore was known for hanging around the mall to find dates.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one officer said. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s | HuffPost

Usually when I read about these sex scandals--especially from decades ago, I'm skeptical to believe any of them. I didn't believe all this stuff about Moore either because again, no evidence to support the case of the women making the accusations.

If this report has any validity, I think I will change my mind on this. If there are records showing Moore was banned from the mall due to the activities he's now being accused of, it's an open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.

I realize there are dozens of posts about Moore, but this is a game changer which is why I posted it.

No. Another article I had actually quoted the mall manager not gossip. For heaven's sakes he was the DDA of the town. No records at all.

Here we go. These articles are just gossip. No evidence. Just a pile on. Only two accusers but this witch hunt is amazing. I put this up last night.

"Right here. And no one has come forward with any fucking paperwork to back this shit up. I'm not going to take local freaking gossip as gospel. He even left Gadsden in the 80's lived in Australia, returned, dated his future wife and married her in 1985.

"Barnes Boyle, who is eighty-six, also managed the mall, from 1981 to 1998. His wife, Brenda, told me that Moore was a longtime acquaintance of his—they went to the Y.M.C.A. together often—and that he planned to vote for him."

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall"

Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports.

Reporter Charles Bethea spoke with over a dozen people who worked or spent time at the Gadsden Mall during that time. They said there were many rumors that Moore was on a list of people banned from the establishment.

Greg Legat, who worked at the mall in the 1980s, told Bethea that he remembers Moore was banned from the shopping center starting around 1979. Legat recalled that the mall was often “filled” with unchaperoned teens.

A local police officer, J.D. Thomas, reportedly often asked Legat to keep an eye out for Moore. ”‘If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him,’” Legat remembers Thomas telling him, according to The New Yorker.

Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson reported Sunday that he had heard similar allegations: “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls.”

Other people who frequented the mall during the 1980s told The New Yorker they believed Moore had been banned for “trying to pick up younger girls.”

Two police officers who worked in the area at the time also told Bethea that Moore was known for hanging around the mall to find dates.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one officer said. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s | HuffPost

Usually when I read about these sex scandals--especially from decades ago, I'm skeptical to believe any of them. I didn't believe all this stuff about Moore either because again, no evidence to support the case of the women making the accusations.

If this report has any validity, I think I will change my mind on this. If there are records showing Moore was banned from the mall due to the activities he's now being accused of, it's an open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.

I realize there are dozens of posts about Moore, but this is a game changer which is why I posted it.

That is what should be used as a perfect example of hearsay. A friend of a friend's girlfriend's father's cousin's roommate told me that Moore was a pervert.

This is garbage gossip.

I guess it would depend on the reliability of documentation. I would like to see concrete evidence of course, and as stated, if there are legitimate records of this, I would have to side with the accusers on this one. If not, then I'll continue to support Moore and believe the MSM is full of ship.

That is what should be used as a perfect example of hearsay. A friend of a friend's girlfriend's father's cousin's roommate told me that Moore was a pervert.

I understand that the girls involved can be persuaded, but local police officers? What's in it for them by not telling the truth?

'Election Time' brings out the caring, compassionate nature of Liberals, the willingness to reveal 'crimes' they all know have been going on for years ... God bless their hearts...

:clap:

:p

I understand that the girls involved can be persuaded, but local police officers? What's in it for them by not telling the truth?

He could very well be telling the truth, but he is basing his information on hearsay.

At one time, I had a parent of one of my students report me to the school board as being racist because she simply made up something I never said. You could have done a poll at that school within a week of that accusation and probably half the teachers and students would call me a racist, even though I was completely innocent, because that is what they wanted to believe. I was one of the few white male teachers in the building, so naturally I was a racist.

A girl in the mall told him this statement. No first hand knowledge. The cop is hearing it from a mall rat. He was the Deputy District Attorney and respected.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one officer said. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.

The security guards at the time don't know a thing and there are no records.

And, of course, no one knew a thing during any of his other campaigns. The public certainly wanted him as a judge.

When I was in high school girls would brag about how old their boy friends were. Plenty of 20+ year olds dating high school and even Junior high school girls when I was a kid. A lot of girls wouldn't date you unless you had a car and some pot to get them high. Then they would have sex in trade for the pot.

When I was in the army we had groupies over in Germany. we would point out a cute girl and one of my friends said "a couple of more ice cream seasons before she's ripe." "If she's old enough to bleed she's old enough to breed." I remember one 14 year old who tried to have sex with every guy in our barracks. It was rare to find a guy who hadn't done her at least once. And cheating on your wife, especially if she was back stateside, was common. Nobody stayed loyal to their wives.

I lived in a guest house full of women and military men. These women made a living getting pregnant and collecting their military boyfriends military COLA in lieu of child support. Plus Germany would pay them per child welfare. Plus they ran a bar and rented out rooms. I almost had sex with a 14 year old. She came to my room in a see through night gown, pink nipples showing through. I was only 18. I was not a player. Scare the crap out of me she did. I know the proper response when she said she couldn't sleep was to invite her into bed. I panicked and gave her my Donkey Kong video game instead and sent her back to her room. I lived for years regretting that decision before coming to the realization it was the right one.

The songs, Kiss Beth she's just 16, the music was all about underage girls being ravished by men. Everybody did it. Pat Benatar sang songs about high school girls having sex.

Naturally those with power got away with more. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

back in the old days girls were married soon as they reached birthing age, and men married soon as they could afford to support a woman. That meant older men married younger girls and that was normal. Are we to condemn the 25 year old who married a 12 year old back in the 1800's because now we don't do things like that anymore. That's what they did then.

Older guys getting high school girls high and having sex with them is something everyone did back in the 80's.

Endless Love, Brooke Shields at the age of 15 having sex in her living room while being watched by her mother.
Debbie Does dallas; high school girls give their teachers some fun in trade for cash so they can go to Dallas and become Cowboy Cheerleaders.
Shauna Grant, a 13 year old who did X-rated porn by lying about her age and everyone knew she was lying and didn't care. They outlawed her videos years after they were made.
Lolita, The French believes that young girls need to be taught love/sex by experienced men so they can then turn around and teach young boys.
Porky's. Ridgemont high. Phoebe Cates. Animal house. One copped a feel of a 13 year olds over developed chests before she passed out drunk.
This is the stuff I grew up on.
American Beauty. A 35 year olds infatuation with his daughters best friend.
Everybody does it in Rio. An older man has sexual affair with his best friends daughter.
It was high school kids who watched those flicks. It was high school boys who said oh yeah I want some of that.
The sexual revolution.

I had a friend of mine tell me he went to planned parenthood meetings to find his dates.

Everyone did it.

Was Moore responsible for the Reichstag fire?

fire.jpg

We really have no proof he wasn't.

Was Moore responsible for the Reichstag fire?

fire.jpg

We really have no proof he wasn't.

I'm not implying guilty until proven innocent. I'm just asking if having legitimate records of such a ban would change your mind.

I predict that this allegation, like so many others, however supported by dubious claims, will fade swiftly away the day after any election.

The bigger question is why can't Alabama find a good solid conservative to run for office besides this absolute kook? He is waaaaaaaay out there. Surely there are many to choose from. Have Alabamans regressed to this level of ignorance?

He could very well be telling the truth, but he is basing his information on hearsay.

At one time, I had a parent of one of my students report me to the school board as being racist because she simply made up something I never said. You could have done a poll at that school within a week of that accusation and probably half the teachers and students would call me a racist, even though I was completely innocent, because that is what they wanted to believe. I was one of the few white male teachers in the building, so naturally I was a racist.

Which is why I never believe anything until I see evidence. I thought this was all made up in the first place given the fact nobody ever came forward all of these years in spite of his several positions in government. But now???

I've never been to Alabama, but what I've been told is people kind of handle problems on their own. In other words, you don't want to mess with a girl that has a very protective father if you get what I mean.

The bigger question is why can't Alabama find a good solid conservative to run for office besides this absolute kook? He is waaaaaaaay out there. Surely there are many to choose from. Have Alabamans regressed to this level of ignorance?

Because if this is all BS and orchestrated by the Democrats, then giving in will only encourage them to use the same filthy tactics to get rid of anybody they want down the road. What ever happened to all those girls Herman Cain supposedly had flings with? They seem to have disappeared the same way Trump's accusers did. Not a peep.

Forum List

Back