Walmart's Philosophy of Screwing Workers

It is quite obvious you are not happy. You are angry, you feel betrayed, you want restitution.

Actually, I am very happy where I am right now. You don't know a damn thing about my life. I've been on my own and making my own way since I was 16 - and I think I've done a pretty admirable job.

Yes, I get angry when people lie about what I say, misrepresent my words, take my words out of context and then use "me" as an absurd example.

I want restitution of what?

You can think whatever your righty pea brain will let you. However, I DO think that the American people are getting screwed and squeezed at every angle by the private sector - with help from the corporate-owned government... including insurance companies and Wal-Mart. That's what happens when one sector is allowed to buy legislation that only benefits them. So your argument about the 99% is also BS. The 1% are absolutely making all the rules... just look at that Monsanto rider that just got passed.

Last edited:
since Target wages are comparable to Walmart, why not diss on them? Always seems to be the company that keeps the unions away that are dissed on. Coincidence? We all know the answer to that...

Target is also actively anti-union, they're just doing a better job of running their stores in general.

And there you go! I don't shop Walmart, I shop Target.
It's not the politics of Walmart that keeps me from Walmart as Target has made some political decisions that don't agree with my political views too. In my view it's their company they can do what they do, it's a free country. It's the way Target runs their business versus Walmart's model.
Target's stores have wider aisles, they don't have display's taking up space and blocking customer traffic flow patterns, if I need help finding something I get help quickly, the quality of the products they sell is consistent and I don't get frustrated standing in line waiting to check out. I just hate the fact that Walmart has decided to push their low quality "Great Value" crap by under-stocking name brand merchandise versus over-stocking their "Great Value" brand.
Regarding wages; etc, I'm for raising the minimum wage. About everybody on the right is against raising the minimum wage because what it might do to prices. About everybody doesn't want deficit spending. Most folks realize that entitlements are eating a hole in America's pocketbooks. Yet supporting low wages hurts people as taxpayers, as these low wages result are more entitlements which is more government spending which is larger deficits. In other words, the hated 47% grows thusly entitlements grow and taxpayers are paying the bill. So what do you want, paying for low wages on April 15th or paying for better wages at the cash register?

Interesting question. Who gets hurt by the "entitlement spending"? If you assume that income taxes will ultimately pay for that spending, then you would have to conclude that it will be the upper middle and upper classes who will pay for it; most middle and lower class families pay little or no income taxes (depending on where you draw the line for "middle"). Now, let's look at who gets hurt by raising the minimum wage? Well, everyone will pay a little higher price, especially on lower margin items like you would find at a Walmart. That will be more detrimental to the poor and middle class, who now get a pass on taxes but still get lower prices. It seems those who currently make more but not substantially more than minimum, say $10-12 and hour, will be hurt the most. Granted, some poor would see an increase in their take home pay, but who's to say how many of those currently working will simply no longer have a job since they are on the margins, one of those "convenient but we could do without you" employees. It's entirely possible that any savings you get from not supporting the needs of those on the new higher minimum wage could be entirely offset by those who then will need 100% support.

You mean the sector that pays Americans who enjoy the best standard of living that has ever existed anywhere on Earth?

Americans don't have anywhere near the best standard of living on earth. Good lord. Have you ever traveled outside of this country?

It is quite obvious you are not happy. You are angry, you feel betrayed, you want restitution.

Actually, I am very happy where I am right now. You don't know a damn thing about my life. I've been on my own and making my own way since I was 16 - and I think I've done a pretty admirable job.

Yes, I get angry when people lie about what I say, misrepresent my words, take my words out of context and then use "me" as an absurd example.

I want restitution of what?

You can think whatever your righty pea brain will let you. However, I DO think that the American people are getting screwed and squeezed at every angle by the private sector - with help from the corporate-owned government... including insurance companies and Wal-Mart. That's what happens when one sector is allowed to buy legislation that only benefits them. So your argument about the 99% is also BS. The 1% are absolutely making all the rules... just look at that Monsanto rider that just got passed.

It is easy to say "I am a happy person" when writing it anonymously on a message board.
However, your posts make it quite clear that you are a very angry and bitter person.

As for my taking your words out of context.....50K a year is plenty for a single individual to work in Manhattan and live in the suburbs.

But you prefer the convenience of a quicker commute and the comfort of no roommate.

So it gets tighter...based on your desires only. Your "wamts" are dictating your lifestyle....and thus no cash for health insurance.

Buying legislation? Lets go all out with that.....

Hypothetical....

Somehow.....no one knows how....but somehow a law was passed that favored one company....one large retailer that sells everything from Apples to Zebra skin rugs (A to Z)....and due to that law, the government pays for HALF the cost of that retialer to buy its goods......so they can offer MUCH LOWER prices than everyone else.

What would happen?

Would people say...."I can pay half for what I normally pay so I will use that store?

Or would they say....."Even though I can pay half, I am currently paying twice as much and I was OK with it before that stupid law so i am still OK with it so I will not use that store"

You and I know what they would do.

Now why would they wish to pay half?

So they have more money to spend.....natural and normal greed.

If they did not let the price affect them, the store with the adventageous law would go out of business.

So there ya go...

the greed of the 99% dictates the fate of the 1%.

You mean the sector that pays Americans who enjoy the best standard of living that has ever existed anywhere on Earth?

Americans don't have anywhere near the best standard of living on earth. Good lord. Have you ever traveled outside of this country?

lol...

and you say you are happy?

Well, I admit not having been to Luxumbourg since 1986

20100925_NAC312.gif

lol...

We are dropping in some areas I'm not happy about, like health care quality and education.

lol...

We are dropping in some areas I'm not happy about, like health care quality and education.

Check this out...

Somewhere in the United States...this very minute....someone is preparing themselves to have a surgical procedure performed by the worst surgeon in the United States.

Likewise, someones mouth is currently open as the worst US denitst works on them.

lol...

As for education?

We dont allow our educators to educate.

Instead, we question their motives, complain about their grading systems, question their professionlaism and give them reason to think that it is them and not the kid.

Back in my day?

My parents NEVER reached out to the teachers to complain.

The teachers reached out to them if there was an issue.

lol...

Check this out...

Somewhere in the United States...this very minute....someone is preparing themselves to have a surgical procedure performed by the worst surgeon in the United States.

Likewise, someones mouth is currently open as the worst US denitst works on them.

And in the real world, my daughter's best friend died last night - age 17 - of pneumonia and the Influenza B at Akron Children's Hospital.

It is easy to say "I am a happy person" when writing it anonymously on a message board.
However, your posts make it quite clear that you are a very angry and bitter person.

As for my taking your words out of context.....50K a year is plenty for a single individual to work in Manhattan and live in the suburbs.

But you prefer the convenience of a quicker commute and the comfort of no roommate.

So it gets tighter...based on your desires only. Your "wamts" are dictating your lifestyle....and thus no cash for health insurance.

Yes, I am happy. I like where I work and live. I love going to terrific restaurants and museums. I live close to a beautiful park and an interesting cemetery where I can visit Leaonard Bernstein whenever I want. I have pretty good savings and no debt whatsoever. I've got a sweet cat and my sister lives nearby. I don't have to drive anywhere. I also have a homestead in the Appalachians I can visit whenever I need to "get away". Yep, pretty darn happy.

I do not live by my wants, as I don't want for anything. And again, I ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE - ALWAYS DID HAVE INSURANCE! Why do you keep repeating the lie?

And if you don't think the 1% is running the show, you are basically just hiding your head in the sand. Just look at the banks, big Agra. big Pharma. They OWN our representatives, and are actively writing legislation AGAINST the American people. Monsanto just legislated itself immunity from regulation and from our own courts. Isn't that awesome?! Isn't that just so constitutional?!?

That's right Samson, everything's just GREAT here in 'Murka. The plutocracy poses no threat to our liberties whatsoever. Hey, is American Idol on tonight? You people amaze me...

In honor of the nutty left I went to Walmart today and bought some ribs, charcoal and beer.

I will be thinking of all you loons as I smoke some ribs tomorrow with my Walmart charcoal and cured Applewood

That's right Samson, everything's just GREAT here in 'Murka. The plutocracy poses no threat to our liberties whatsoever. Hey, is American Idol on tonight? You people amaze me...

:cuckoo:

Buy 40 arces in Nebraska, raise goats, and become self sufficient.

No one is stopping you.

No one is stopping you.

Don't need to. I've got 12 mountain acres in the North GA mountains. And I plan to start a mini-farm there this fall. That is if Monsanto's pesticides don't kill off all the bees before I can get my hives up and running.

No one is stopping you.

So you're saying the amount of power and control that mega corporations have over our government, including our elections doesn't bother you? I bothers the snot out of me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back