Walmart's Philosophy of Screwing Workers

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Staffing shortages are sending customers fleeing to rival retailers

Walmart has a problem, says Renee Dudley at Bloomberg News. Plagued with empty shelves, bulging stock rooms, and long checkout lines, America's largest retail chain is losing customers to Target, Costco, and other rival retailers.

"If it's not on the shelf, I can't buy it," says longtime Walmart shopper Margaret Hancock, of Newark, Delaware. "You hate to see a company self-destruct, but there are other places to go."

Clawson blames Walmart's philosophy of "screwing workers,"

She points out that rival chains like Costco and Trader Joe's pay and treat their employees better, leading to higher productivity and happier customers and workers.

Why Walmart's shelves are empty

Walmart has a problem, says Renee Dudley at Bloomberg News. Plagued with empty shelves, bulging stock rooms, and long checkout lines, America's largest retail chain is losing customers to Target, Costco, and other rival retailers.

She points out that rival chains like Costco and Trader Joe's pay and treat their employees better, leading to higher productivity and happier customers and workers.

Pretty soon schools will be taking students to WalMart for "career day."

I have not seen a loss of WalMart's customers myself. The parking lot still requires driving around waiting for someone to leave.

Very very few people won't shop at Wal Mart because of the way the company treats its employees. The vast majority of people don't care. What they want is to be able to buy what they want as cheaply as possible and that does NOT include paying Costco's "membership fee". It does NOT include shopping at Trader Joe's with its limited selection.

Liberal propaganda, more of the same stinky shit.

I got a great idea, if you don't like Wal-Mart don't shop at Wal-Mart. I fail to grasp why people get so bent out of shape over something so trivial as a store they're not fond of. Who cares?

Last edited:
The Walmarts in this area are well stocked, well staffed with rarely more than 2 people ahead of you at the check out. I find the opposite at the local Target, well except that there is rarely anyone ahead of you at the check out. (or anywhere else in the store)

Surely the country needs government run, non-profit, retail establishments with price caps, highly paid entry level unionized civil servants, competition protections, and taxpayer subsidies to cover the overwhelming losses.............

For the common good.............lol

It's called the free market at work. Assuming this is true, Walmart will have to respond in kind by paying people more and/or providing better benefits.

These marxist peons obsession with walmart is comical...............

Indeed, the option of individual workers simply finding other work escapes them. Not a surprise considering Marx viewed workers as slaves, incapable of anything less than collective thought; a very "european" cultural meme.

I got a great idea, if you don't like Wal-Mart don't shop at Wal-Mart. I fail to grasp why people get so bent out of shape over something so trivial as a store their not fond of. Who cares?

Maybe goose just is tired of seeing your wife there?

images

Yeah she always makes comments on how poorly your Mother mans the cash registers there.

Surely the country needs government run, non-profit, retail establishments with price caps, highly paid entry level unionized civil servants, competition protections, and taxpayer subsidies to cover the overwhelming losses.............

Then you oughta be happy that the middle class has been emasculated and jobs that don't pay shit are keeping people on government assistance. You liberals!

I agree with those of you who marvel at why WALMART is thought of as the poster boy of bad retailing.

That is probably not too far off the mark of the thinking behind the denigration of large corporations.

Rather than allow WalMart to experience failure which would then cause Walmart to change its ways or die, some people believe every problem demands a government "solution" forced on it.

Last edited:
I got a great idea, if you don't like Wal-Mart don't shop at Wal-Mart. I fail to grasp why people get so bent out of shape over something so trivial as a store their not fond of. Who cares?

Maybe goose just is tired of seeing your wife there?

images

Yeah she always makes comments on how poorly your Mother mans the cash registers there.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...................... Good one!

Gee, I was there just two days ago and the shelves are all stocked, the workers are happy and cheerful, grateful to have a good job and the parking lot is filled with cars.
Don't believe everything you read.

Goose are you being paid by SEIU to keep posting this crap? Twice in one week makes you obsessed or is there a profit motive?

Gee, I was there just two days ago and the shelves are all stocked, the workers are happy and cheerful, grateful to have a good job and the parking lot is filled with cars.
Don't believe everything you read.

In this economy, it's almost trendy to shop at WalMart and taboo to be seen going into a Dollar Store.

Forum List

Back