Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

But what's to argue about? It's one or the other. And the idea of paying the employees more is not going to fly.
And lowering the qualifying income hasn't even been discussed by anyone other than me, so us taxpayers will just keep on helping the Walmarts make a fortune. Cause cheap labor is a real plus in the retail world.[/QUOTE]

Well what do you know? The Walmart corporation isn't part of the government, it's in it to....gasp..make money and the money they make helps increase the DOW that the radical left loves or hates depending on the political climate. Walmart pays a decent salary to people who would not be employed otherwise. Does the low information left think that the fascist government should determine the salaries of employees? Didn't the freaking left wing Burger King hypocrite Warren Buffet teach the fascist left anything?

You got a choice. Pay the employees what they make now and quit bitching that they qualify for government benefits, pay the employees enough that they DON'T qualify for government benefits or lower the income levels for qualifying, ie, if some one makes more than 10k a year, they don't qualify for any government benefits.

That's the kind of "choice" a thug offers you: "hand over your wallet or you can take a bullet in the head." The sure sign of the totalitarian mentality is the belief that you are a good person because you want to force your schemes to bring on utopia on the rest of the population. Here's another choice, asshole: Walmart pays the its employees the market wage and the taxpayers keep their money in their pocket.

But what's to argue about? It's one or the other. And the idea of paying the employees more is not going to fly. And lowering the qualifying income hasn't even been discussed by anyone other than me, so us taxpayers will just keep on helping the Walmarts make a fortune. Cause cheap labor is a real plus in the retail world.

I hate to burst your delusions of grandeur, zeke, but you don't decide what my choices are. You can do what you like. However, if you want to stick your hand in my pocket, you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.

Sorry, but those aren't the only two possibilities. Here's a third one:

They are paid exactly what their skills are worth, but they still qualify for government benefits, and no one turns down free money.

If you finally understand what you wrote, THEN QUIT BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING GOVERNMENT MONEY. Why should a person not apply for this free money and why should Walmart pay any more that they have to?

You say they are paid what they are worth and that they still qualify for government benefits and you understand how this situation has occurred.

Then why is it something to be bitched about, rehashed and argued about over and over? It is what it is because that's the way we want it. Companies get to pay low wages, the public gets to help support the low wage earner while the low wage earner provides cheap labor to the companies. Who make a fortune for their stockholders and principals. Just the why it ought to be.

Makes sense. Right? Quit bitching about these low wage people on government benefits. You should love them.
They are the reason the Walmarts of the world are making lots of money. Low wages, cheap goods, American consumers/taxpayers . A capitalists dream.

You're the only one in here bitching about it, zeke. However, your theory that those are the only two choices is purely the result of your delusions of grandeur. I can think of lot's of other possible scenarios, like keeping my money and Walmart paying its employees whatever it likes.

Just curious how do you determine what is a living wage for someone? Lets say you increase the minimum wage to 10 or even 15 dollars a hour if a person doesn't know how to handled money in a responsible manner or know how to live within their means they will never have a living wage no matter how much you increase their pay.

Funny they never mention how much tax walmart pays as a corp........then add what their employees pay.....I guarantee the govt comes out ahead.......

Just curious how do you determine what is a living wage for someone? Lets say you increase the minimum wage to 10 or even 15 dollars a hour if a person doesn't know how to handled money in a responsible manner or know how to live within their means they will never have a living wage no matter how much you increase their pay.

For billions of people in the world, $2.00/day is a "living wage."

$10 an hour. sink or swim. That's it.

We need some frank discussion on this.

A) No one can seriously be expected to survive on $12k a year, that isn't realistic. B) We need to acknowledge that most people are earning minimum wage are doing so because they made bad decisions early in life, and they continue to do so which means their minimum wage doesn't even go as far as it should.

What percentage of minimum wage earners smoke? That's $5-10 a pack now? NO ONE earning minimum wage should be choosing to smoke then signing up for SNAP. I mean come on.

But, a single person, with no dependents should earn enough working one full time job to disqualify them from collecting welfare, and its' an embarrassment that they don't.

For billions of people in the world, $2.00/day is a "living wage."

And those people are often seen on TV in commericials for World Vision.

Retail used to pay pretty good. The jobs even paid premium time and some had unions. Now we have a few people at the top having more money than millions of Americans. More so than any time since the great depression. Now we have a big block of conservatives who believe that four or five walmart heirs work so much harder and smarter than their thousands of employees, that those employees do only deserve poverty wages.

Nobody is forced to work at Walmart.

They are if there is nowhere else for them to go.

If the border was closed the problem of illegals undercutting fair wages would go away.
Progressives are the ones that don't want the border closed. The left needs the votes to skew elections.
It's the left who is supporting low wages and unemployment among citizens in favor of their new pets, the illegals.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.

Sorry, but those aren't the only two possibilities. Here's a third one:

They are paid exactly what their skills are worth, but they still qualify for government benefits, and no one turns down free money.

If you finally understand what you wrote, THEN QUIT BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING GOVERNMENT MONEY. Why should a person not apply for this free money and why should Walmart pay any more that they have to?

You say they are paid what they are worth and that they still qualify for government benefits and you understand how this situation has occurred.

Then why is it something to be bitched about, rehashed and argued about over and over? It is what it is because that's the way we want it. Companies get to pay low wages, the public gets to help support the low wage earner while the low wage earner provides cheap labor to the companies. Who make a fortune for their stockholders and principals. Just the why it ought to be.

Makes sense. Right? Quit bitching about these low wage people on government benefits. You should love them.
They are the reason the Walmarts of the world are making lots of money. Low wages, cheap goods, American consumers/taxpayers . A capitalists dream.

You're the only one in here bitching about it, zeke. However, your theory that those are the only two choices is purely the result of your delusions of grandeur. I can think of lot's of other possible scenarios, like keeping my money and Walmart paying its employees whatever it likes.

You really are fucking stupid. You can stick your money up your ass for all I care. That will not change the fact that low wage workers are gonna apply for and qualify for and receive government benefits. And you and stupid people like you will bitch about low wage workers on government benefits all the while defending the employers who pay low wages.

Fuck you are stupid.

If the border was closed the problem of illegals undercutting fair wages would go away.
Progressives are the ones that don't want the border closed. The left needs the votes to skew elections.
It's the left who is supporting low wages and unemployment among citizens in favor of their new pets, the illegals.

Are you really as stupid as briarpatty. Or just acting it.

How do you figure illegals are voting? You know, so Democrats can "win" Got any proof of massive voter fraud by illegals. How do they do it? Can't hardy speak English, scared to death they will get exported and yet they go and vote. (according to you) How they do that?

And why aren't you bitching that companies who employ illegals should have their owners/managers in jail for hiring illegals? I mean, according to you, all those low wage jobs at Walmart are being filled by illegals. Right?

I have seen people who make 200k a year but spend 250k a year be flat broke. Think that was "responsible money management? What is your point? That lots of people, regardless of amount of money, suck at managing their money? Well ok then.

Walmart pays what the market dictates they pay. It's that simple. If people won't work for the wages they offer they'll have a shortage of workers and will be forced to pay more. They are not obligated to pay anyone what you think they should be paid. That is how the free market works, Komrade.

And the reason the market allows such a low wage is that their workers are allowed to still house and feed their families at the taxpayers expense

Taxpayers subsidize WalMarts low wages and WalMart keeps the profit

You really are fucking stupid. You can stick your money up your ass for all I care. That will not change the fact that low wage workers are gonna apply for and qualify for and receive government benefits. And you and stupid people like you will bitch about low wage workers on government benefits all the while defending the employers who pay low wages.

Fuck you are stupid.

29zcyeh.jpg

Fuck you are stupid.

29zcyeh.jpg

I know what you mean. All the red ass from people like you and briarpatty bitching about low wage workers getting government benefits is enough to piss people off. You all are "butt hurt" all the time about something. Taxes. Welfare,. Black people. Brown people. Gun control. The list of butt hurt topics for you is almost unending isn't it?

Are you really as stupid as briarpatty. Or just acting it.

How do you figure illegals are voting? You know, so Democrats can "win" Got any proof of massive voter fraud by illegals. How do they do it? Can't hardy speak English, scared to death they will get exported and yet they go and vote. (according to you) How they do that?
Illegal Aliens Non-Citizens Caught Voting In Florida In Vast Numbers
..and that's just florida...
It doesn't matter, though..the rush to legalize them is the issue.
Once "amnesty" takes effect they will be allowed to vote. Which party are illegals going to vote for? The one that allows them into this country and gives them benefits they don't deserve.

And why aren't you bitching that companies who employ illegals should have their owners/managers in jail for hiring illegals? I mean, according to you, all those low wage jobs at Walmart are being filled by illegals. Right?

Close the border and all of that goes away.

...and no one said that illegals are working all the jobs in walmart..

I said that the left wants the border open and they are the ones allowing illegals to undercut fair wages for citizens because illegals work cheap.
You should be ashamed of yourself for wanting those people to be exploited like that.

Fuck you are stupid.

29zcyeh.jpg

I know what you mean. All the red ass from people like you and briarpatty bitching about low wage workers getting government benefits is enough to piss people off. You all are "butt hurt" all the time about something. Taxes. Welfare,. Black people. Brown people. Gun control. The list of butt hurt topics for you is almost unending isn't it?

1365333922801.jpg

Fuck you are stupid.

29zcyeh.jpg

LMAO.."butthurt"...how old are you?, 14? "butthurt"..how juvenile...

The government has made it easier and easier to get assistance. That is the real issue here.

Forum List

Back