Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Nobody is forced to work at Walmart.

They are if there is nowhere else for them to go.
That describes prisoners only. Everyone else can go somewhere. Look at the influx into North Dakota, where WM cashiers earn $17/hr.

More conservative economic fantasy

They act like there is a steady stream of positions open for all workers to advance. We are talking about 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive. If they can't survive on $10 an hour, can you point to the 30 million jobs at $20 an hour waiting to be filled?
Is North Dakota ready to accept 30 million workers streaming across their border?
That's why there's a North Dakota fenced border with guards, right?
You're such a clueless moron. People move for jobs all the time. The fantasy that WalMart is the only employer anywhere is just that. Liberals live in the 19th century.

Show me the 30 million open jobs that pay more than $20 an hour

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to

I operate under GIGO, garbage in, garbage out. When your posts or responses have some actual merit, my responses will match them.

Until then, too bad, so sad.

Why don't you want the border closed?

Why doesn't obama want it closed?

[

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to

Why doesn't obama want the border closed?

The welfare state has always been a scheme to supplement industry. This "sudden" realization by liberals comes a bit late.

[

I'm not allowing you to divert this thread into an anti-immigration thread any longer
There are no illegal immigrants working at Walmart. We are talking about 30 million working AMERICANS who need public assistance to survive
If you want to discuss that topic, I will

[

I'm not allowing you to divert this thread into an anti-immigration thread any longer
There are no illegal immigrants working at Walmart. We are talking about 30 million working AMERICANS who need public assistance to survive

No one said anything about illegals working at walmart...There may be..YOU can't prove it either way, though.

If the border were closed and no illegals were in america undercutting fair wages fewer americans would need assistance.

They are being exploited for their cheap labor and the left doesn't mind...

[

No one said anything about illegals working at walmart...There may be..YOU can't prove it either way, though.

If the border were closed and no illegals were in america undercutting fair wages fewer americans would need assistance.

They are being exploited for their cheap labor and the left doesn't mind...

You fail to make an argument relating to improving the pay structure or job opportunites for working AMERICANS

Until you do, I will not respond to your attempts to divert this thread

You fail to make an argument relating to improving the pay structure or job opportunites for working AMERICANS

Translation.."I can't refute your facts and it really pisses me off so I'm going to pretend to be above it all and hope no one notices my premise was destroyed"

I don't need your answer, really. Refusing to answer two simple, legitimate questions reveals more than any deflection you would post anyway. ..People reading this see through your weak "tactics"

Here. try to rehabilitate yourself and retain some dignity.

Why do you want the border open?

Just curious how do you determine what is a living wage for someone? Lets say you increase the minimum wage to 10 or even 15 dollars a hour if a person doesn't know how to handled money in a responsible manner or know how to live within their means they will never have a living wage no matter how much you increase their pay.

I have seen people who make 200k a year but spend 250k a year be flat broke. Think that was "responsible money management? What is your point? That lots of people, regardless of amount of money, suck at managing their money? Well ok then.
The point was and is that government or other people can't determine what a living wage is for someone.

You really think it is that hard to determine market rents, food and utility costs for a certain area etc etc?

You really really think it is so difficult to determine what the least amount of money a family of lets say 4 needs to be self sufficient ie not able to qualify for government assistance?

Why you think that number is so hard to come up with?

Do you really THINK? Just curious;

Just curious how do you determine what is a living wage for someone? Lets say you increase the minimum wage to 10 or even 15 dollars a hour if a person doesn't know how to handled money in a responsible manner or know how to live within their means they will never have a living wage no matter how much you increase their pay.

I have seen people who make 200k a year but spend 250k a year be flat broke. Think that was "responsible money management? What is your point? That lots of people, regardless of amount of money, suck at managing their money? Well ok then.
The point was and is that government or other people can't determine what a living wage is for someone.

You really think it is that hard to determine market rents, food and utility costs for a certain area etc etc?

You really really think it is so difficult to determine what the least amount of money a family of lets say 4 needs to be self sufficient ie not able to qualify for government assistance?

Because it's completely and utterly subjective.

Translation.."I can't refute your facts and it really pisses me off so I'm going to pretend to be above it all and hope no one notices my premise was destroyed"

I don't need your answer, really. Refusing to answer two simple, legitimate questions reveals more than any deflection you would post anyway. ..People reading this see through your weak "tactics"

Why oh why didn't Bush close the border? This why oh why game you are playing is real easy. Why oh why do Republicans want the cheap labor. Why don't the Republicans go after the employers of illegals? Why don't you answer straight forward questions? And on and on. Fun game you got going on.

Ima off to do some work. Why oh why do I have to work? Why wasn't I born ultra wealthy? This is fun. Why can't I qualify for government assistance like you do? That's what I want to know.

No it isn't. We have economic data for all regions in the country. That includes wages, rents, food costs, medical, transportation

Now you can go into your argument that poor people should live in tents and sort through dumpsters

Rent and utility and food costs are subjective?

I guess you answered the question about whether or not you "think". You don't.

Why oh why didn't Bush close the border? This why oh why game you are playing is real easy. Why oh why do Republicans want the cheap labor. Why don't the Republicans go after the employers of illegals? Why don't you answer straight forward questions? And on and on. Fun game you got going on.

Ima off to do some work. Why oh why do I have to work? Why wasn't I born ultra wealthy? This is fun. Why can't I qualify for government assistance like you do? That's what I want to know.

we aren't talking about the past or bush, though. Nice try, but no one is fooled.
We're talking about the present.

Rent and utility and food costs are subjective?

How much of each is required is indeed subjective.

No it isn't. We have economic data for all regions in the country. That includes wages, rents, food costs, medical, transportation

Now you can go into your argument that poor people should live in tents and sort through dumpsters

My argument is that it's not up to me, or you, to decide how poor people should live.

Since not

Do you really THINK? Just curious;[/QUOT
Since not all people think and act alike yes it is something easy to understand with a little thought.

Why doesn't Walmart pay a living wage? Answer: because the owners are greedy and want taxpayers to subsidize their employees.

They don't pay a "living wage" because it not their responsibility to make sure you live to a standard you are comfortable with.

Then it seems like people like you would quit bitching about all those "people" on government assistance.

Every time you bitch about "those people" who are on the government handouts and then defend the low wages they are paid, you are acknowledging just how much of a hypocrite you all are.

You can't have and do both. Accept that a great many working Americans are on government assistance because their income qualifies them for assistance.

or

acknowledge that a great many working Americans are under paid.

But quit bitching about one (those on government assistance) and defending the other (low wages). The one causes the other.

And this ain't Burger King. You don't get it both ways.

Sorry, but those aren't the only two possibilities. Here's a third one:

They are paid exactly what their skills are worth, but they still qualify for government benefits, and no one turns down free money.

If you finally understand what you wrote, THEN QUIT BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING GOVERNMENT MONEY. Why should a person not apply for this free money and why should Walmart pay any more that they have to?

You say they are paid what they are worth and that they still qualify for government benefits and you understand how this situation has occurred.

Then why is it something to be bitched about, rehashed and argued about over and over? It is what it is because that's the way we want it. Companies get to pay low wages, the public gets to help support the low wage earner while the low wage earner provides cheap labor to the companies. Who make a fortune for their stockholders and principals. Just the why it ought to be.

Makes sense. Right? Quit bitching about these low wage people on government benefits. You should love them.
They are the reason the Walmarts of the world are making lots of money. Low wages, cheap goods, American consumers/taxpayers . A capitalists dream.

You're the only one in here bitching about it, zeke. However, your theory that those are the only two choices is purely the result of your delusions of grandeur. I can think of lot's of other possible scenarios, like keeping my money and Walmart paying its employees whatever it likes.

You really are fucking stupid. You can stick your money up your ass for all I care. That will not change the fact that low wage workers are gonna apply for and qualify for and receive government benefits. And you and stupid people like you will bitch about low wage workers on government benefits all the while defending the employers who pay low wages.

Fuck you are stupid.

They can't receive government benefits if the government doesn't give out benefits. I want welfare eliminated. I don't care who qualifies for it.

I'm perfectly entitled to bitch about it as much as I want. However, you're the only on in this thread bitching about welfare.

Forum List

Back