Wall Street 2

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Who's looking forward to this?

I don't really care much about movies to go to a theater but I'm probably going to go for this one.

Not me.

I won't spend one penny on Oliver Stone tripe.

the first one was good, but I won't pay $8 a ticket to go see a remake 25 years in the making.

I saw the previews, and actually it looked good. I feel same about Oliver Stone though.
I may see it on DVD...

Why does it matter who directed it?

The crap that goes down behind the scenes on Wall Street is the same regardless of who makes a movie about it.

I realize that the movie will stir up political feelings in people about corporate greed and corruption, but corporate greed and corruption exists in spite of politics.

I am hesitant. The original was so good.... don't want this one to take away from it.

I have the original on DVD. My roommate bought the VHS when I was in college in the late 80s. I think I've seen it 20 times.

I wasn't going to go see the sequel because I generally don't like to watch shows in which I'm deeply involved since it seems so contrived and unrealistic. But the trailers look pretty good so I think I'll go.

I have the original on DVD. My roommate bought the VHS when I was in college in the late 80s. I think I've seen it 20 times.

I wasn't going to go see the sequel because I generally don't like to watch shows in which I'm deeply involved since it seems so contrived and unrealistic. But the trailers look pretty good so I think I'll go.

I have the dvd as well. I have seen it at least 20 times.

I look forward to seeing it.

The original was an insight about the way it is. The sequel will draw on the evidence we've seen and will continue to see unless some radical political action is taken to control the beast that is Wall Street.

This film is not getting good reviews. Oliver is a very talented filmmaker, nonetheless. "Midnight Express", "JFK", "Any Given Sunday", "Wall Street", "Nixon", "Salvador", "The Doors", "Born on the Fourth of July", "Heaven & Earth", and "Platoon" are all very well written. He writes almost every one of his movies, either written by or screenplay.

Of course, he's also made and written some pretty bad movies: "Natural Born Killers", which I detested. "Scarface", which he wrote and Brian DePalma directed, is really bad, dialogue-wise - although he gets BIG props for "Say hello to my little friend!". He also wrote "Conan The Barbarian"(!). And "Talk Radio". And the awful "Alexander". I didn't see "Evita" or "World Trade Center".

All in all, that's a pretty impressive body of work, even if they aren't all masterpieces.

Forum List

Back