Emma Stone Gets Oscar For Going Full-Retard

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I had to turn this piece of garbage off after only 10 minutes. It was so despicable it made me a little sick to my stomach. Yet Emma Stone was nominated for an Oscar for her portrayal of a mentally challenged woman, and she won.

One of the opening scenes shows her tossing food and smashing plates.

What range she has.

Like being retarded has never been tried before. (Forrest Gump)

"Poor Things" is right up there with movies like "There Will Be Blood" for being depressing and disgusting.

If you want to see this piece of filth out of morbid curiosity, go for it. It's hailed by critics as "The Raunchiest Film Of The Decade".
I won't bother watching this crapfest to the end. I had enough.

I'm interested to see what Rottentomatoes gave it as a rating. Here it is. 92. What a surprise!!!! :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Playing a “retard“has always been a formula for winning an Oscar

Cliff Robertson for Charly
Dustin Hoffman for Rain Man
Tom Hanks for Forrest Gump

You just create a character and stay in character

And yet DiCaprio did not win for Gilbert Grape, and his performance was exceptional. Tommy Lee Jones won best supporting actor for The Fugitive that year.

Poor Things has a 79% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, so while average people don't seem to like it as much as critics, it is still fairly well-liked. It's something I'm mildly curious about, but with so many things to watch, I don't know if I'll ever actually turn it on.

And yet DiCaprio did not win for Gilbert Grape, and his performance was exceptional. Tommy Lee Jones won best supporting actor for The Fugitive that year.

Poor Things has a 79% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, so while average people don't seem to like it as much as critics, it is still fairly well-liked. It's something I'm mildly curious about, but with so many things to watch, I don't know if I'll ever actually turn it on.

I tend to trust audience ratings on Rotten Tomatoes more than Critics

The audience tends to rate based on…was it worth me sitting there for two hours
Critics look at artistic merit or originality and ignore the fact that the movie sucked

I had to turn this piece of garbage off after only 10 minutes. It was so despicable it made me a little sick to my stomach. Yet Emma Stone was nominated for an Oscar for her portrayal of a mentally challenged woman, and she won.

What range she has.

"Poor Things" is right up there with movies like "There Will Be Blood" for being depressing and disgusting.

If you want to see this piece of filth out of morbid curiosity, go for it. It's hailed by critics as "The Raunchiest Film Of The Decade".

I'm interested to see what Rottentomatoes gave it as a rating. Here it is. 92. What a surprise!!!! :auiqs.jpg:

Wrong. Marmaduke is the most retard movie Emma Stone ever made. Poor Things is pretty good.

Interesting, it seems playing a retard is a white privileged role.

I think the audience score it got was because the few sick individuals that saw the film liked it because it is so sick.

If you like ugly, watch this piece of shit film.

Interesting, it seems playing a retard is a white privileged role.
Ever see Radio?

1710253004644.jpeg

How insensitive. Shouldnt they have gotten an actual retard to play this role?
Why hasnt she been cancelled yet? Where is her apology?

What range she has.

Interesting. I get that you must not have watched it--as you would have picked up on the fact that it is Frankenstein revisited.
Mad scientist grabs recently dead suicide...reanimates her. the beginning is not a mad girl scene..but an infant and small girl in an adult body, as her mind must grow to match her body..childish tantrums look mad in adults, of course. Her herky-jerky motion is her becoming acclimated to her body and gaining coordination..slowly.

Eventually she grow up and spends the rest of the movie exploring her sexuality via a series of affairs. As well as facing the truth of her life before her death and resurrection.

Not all about retarded anything...LOL!

Interesting. I get that you must not have watched it--as you would have picked up on the fact that it is Frankenstein revisited.
Mad scientist grabs recently dead suicide...reanimates her. the beginning is not a mad girl scene..but an infant and small girl in an adult body, as her mind must grow to match her body..childish tantrums look mad in adults, of course. Her herky-jerky motion is her becoming acclimated to her body and gaining coordination..slowly.

Eventually she grow up and spends the rest of the movie exploring her sexuality via a series of affairs. As well as facing the truth of her life before her death and resurrection.

Not all about retarded anything...LOL!
I couldn't watch it more than 10 minutes because it reminds me too much of what I'm dealing with at home.

It was just plain sick.

Forum List

Back