Movie Theaters Are Dying

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Who would rather risk getting shot, or getting COVID when you can watch 4UHDK movies that are much more clearer at home than anything they can show on the big screen.

No more sticky feet and jerks talking on their phones.
No more spending $50 to pay for a couple of tickets and some popcorn that's too salty.

The most obvious reason is there are very few movies being produced these days that aren't total rubbish. Why spend the time and the gas to drive to a movie theater when you can watch their crap at home and turn it off when it sucks.
I can count on one hand all of the decent films that were at the box office.
Hollywood is going broke because making films costs so much, and they aren't selling that many tickets anymore.

People don't like Hollywood anymore because we know what they think of us.
We can't find anyone we can admire anymore.

For some reason you have to click on the link below to see the Youtube video.....but this guy explains it better.

Kids today don't really even watch TV anymore.

They are on social media 24//7.

Yep streaming is killing the theater. The ability to work at home is killing the office space. Amazon and delivery is killing the retail store. Robots are killing the factory job. On and on it goes. Glad I am old. Paul and babe is losing to the machine.

I can't imagine ever going again.
You can't trust a movie to be good today. Take Napolean, presented as an epic movie "can't miss!! - it was terrible. Thank God I was able to watch it for "free" on AppleTv... and we didn't even watch all of it.
Paying $50 to sit in a cold theater that is understaffed, and the staff there couldn't care less about your experience... and the movie that was supposed to be good - sucks?
No thanks.

The most obvious reason is there are very few movies being produced these days that aren't total rubbish. Why spend the time and the gas to drive to a movie theater when you can watch their crap at home and turn it off when it sucks.

After going years of not going to the theaters because of COVID followed by an actors strike, I was looking forward to going to the movies again with my wife.
Dinner and a Movie was a nice night out.

We used to go about twice a month, but I look at the listings now and out of ten movies, I am just not interested in any of them.
Where we might have once seen twenty movies a year, we now see two or three

Who would rather risk getting shot, or getting COVID when you can watch 4UHDK movies that are much more clearer at home than anything they can show on the big screen.

No more sticky feet and jerks talking on their phones.
No more spending $50 to pay for a couple of tickets and some popcorn that's too salty.

Hollywood is going broke because making films costs so much, and they aren't selling that many tickets anymore.

People don't like Hollywood anymore because we know what they think of us.
We can't find anyone we can admire anymore.

For some reason you have to click on the link below to see the Youtube video.....but this guy explains it better.

It won't be much longer before movies won't cost much at all, when AI will generate a better image with perfect lighting than a camera can, and images (with voices) will be generated that don't require monstrous salaries. Then we'll see everybody and his dog making crappy full length films, just like we see them making very short ones on social media now with just a cell phone.

Movie theaters, schools, churches, grocery stores, bowling alleys, etc. are places where people can and have been shot. That`s what makes America the envy of the world. :uhoh3:

Yep streaming is killing the theater.

They said the same thing about HBO and VHS rentals
Why go to the movies when you can just watch it at home?

For many movies, that was the case. But for big, epic movies you wanted to see it on the bIg Screen.

I just don’t see any movies I HAVE to see in the theater

Yep streaming is killing the theater. The ability to work at home is killing the office space. Amazon and delivery is killing the retail store. Robots are killing the factory job. On and on it goes. Glad I am old. Paul and babe is losing to the machine.
Wait until we all pay the price for lost property tax revenue from office buildings, theaters and Malls.

It’s about to hit the fan.

Wait until we all pay the price for lost property tax revenue from office buildings, theaters and Malls.

Again glad I am old. I truly worry for my grandchildren. Aside from just the economics of the thing, these are places people congregated. Places where people made friends and created communities. It is sad!

Again glad I am old. I truly worry for my grandchildren. Aside from just the economics of the thing, these are places people congregated. Places where people made friends and created communities. It is sad!
What to young people actually DO nowadays?

Other than social media, where do they congregate?
Malls are gone, movies aren’t a thing, concerts are prohibitibly expensive.

They said the same thing about HBO and VHS rentals
Why go to the movies when you can just watch it at home?

For many movies, that was the case. But for big, epic movies you wanted to see it on the bIg Screen.

I just don’t see any movies I HAVE to see in the theater
I do not know where all this change is going. At this place in time it does not seem to be a good place. I hope I am wrong.

What to young people actually DO nowadays?

Other than social media, where do they congregate?
Malls are gone, movies aren’t a thing, concerts are prohibitibly expensive.
They sit around the living room and smoke weed I think. They make idiot tic toks. Not sure on this but from what I am told this is the norm. Imagine a future in which the typical person's wold is the size of a living room. I am divorced and kids are grown. Took a bath in the divorce. Now all my stuff is in another man's house. I did walk away with enough money to buy a lakeside condo. My youngest daughter and her family recently came to my place for the first time. The first thing they said was you don't even have a couch. They could not believe it. I am never home. There is no need for one. They were astonished. I sit on a pong chair what little time I am here.

I can't imagine ever going again.
You can't trust a movie to be good today. Take Napolean, presented as an epic movie "can't miss!! - it was terrible. Thank God I was able to watch it for "free" on AppleTv... and we didn't even watch all of it.
Paying $50 to sit in a cold theater that is understaffed, and the staff there couldn't care less about your experience... and the movie that was supposed to be good - sucks?
No thanks.
I'm surprised Napolean was not wearing a dress in the movie, as being woke is more important than being entertaining these days.

Yea, Hollywood sucks dirty butt.

(1) I have read that attending movies in a theater nowadays is so unpleasant because people (of all ages and all genders and all ethnicities) are so rude and noisy and entitled.

(2) What a shame! Hear tell that enjoying a movie together with well-behaved people is a wonderful communal experience.

(3) The last time I was in a movie theater was in (about) 1956.

I'm surprised Napolean was not wearing a dress in the movie, as being woke is more important than being entertaining these days.

Yea, Hollywood sucks dirty butt.
Yea... we are supposed to believe that arguably the world best military strategist and general. A man whose ambitions and daring knew no threshold... is a weenie little weak minded nerd.

Ever hear the phrase "When one door closes......another one opens"?

The inventor of rotary dial phones could either go broke or invent DTMF.

And cell phones came after that.

Movie theaters were invented to show movies.
Now we can show movies in our own homes.
They'll have to learn to make money some other way.

Yea... we are supposed to believe that arguably the world best military strategist and general. A man whose ambitions and daring knew no threshold... is a weenie little weak minded nerd.
There is not much different from those during the French Revolution and the Left today.

Both want to murder the rich and take their loot, which for them is a form of social justice.

The end of which always leads to tyranny, i.e., Napolean.

Forum List

Back