Walkers Speech was very good, and very clear. Let the layoffs begin.

very pathetic, but nothing new for a vulgar lefty. you all have nothing else.

You know, I never thought of you being a lady until now. My apology. If you think about it, it is the same situation for any worker, if you want a raise or benefit, you are up against the establishment who feeds you.

Even an individual can have the benefits of Unions, he just has to pay more for that priviledge. ie. Counselor to find the job & submit resumes, lawyer to negotiate his employment and to get his raises or job conditions, protect him from harrassment, etc.

How funny is it, that a damn GOVERMENT EMPLOYEE has to have a UNION fight for them against the very damn gravy train they WORK FOR.

but don't forget folks, they want to tell you it's UNION BUSTING.:lol::eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

They want to tell you a lot of shit. Just smile and nod.

So in the last 20 posts, we've gone from a good discussion, to grammar and semantics, to gay slams.

That is the chronology of losing, right there!

EPIC THREAD!!!!

Now quick.....someone bring up Hitler and we can all move on.

I did say you needed a link in the OP or this would happen... Well, no I stopped and said it would happen anyways as some people are here to fight for no other reason than it's a Republican, even if the state was 3.5 billion in debt even with the Obama stimulus and Democrats running things.

I like that Walker gives blame to both parties for building this unsustainable debt.

very pathetic, but nothing new for a vulgar lefty. you all have nothing else.

You know, I never thought of you being a lady until now. My apology. If you think about it, it is the same situation for any worker, if you want a raise or benefit, you are up against the establishment who feeds you.

Even an individual can have the benefits of Unions, he just has to pay more for that priviledge. ie. Counselor to find the job & submit resumes, lawyer to negotiate his employment and to get his raises or job conditions, protect him from harrassment, etc.

Apology accepted.
and you aren't going to school me on Unions. If you've read my post I stated I've worked for them, I've also worked for the Government. so I know a little more than what is parroted by others.

Shorter Walker:

Come back or we screw the teachers.

Gotta love Republicans...extortionists until the end.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! How come you demonRats didn't balance his budget?

Shorter Walker:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! How come you demonRats didn't balance his budget?

Are you on topic? I thought this thread was about " Walkers Speech was very good, and very clear. Let the layoffs begin?"

It is too bad the employees have to take the fall for Walker, but that is the way it always goes. The good news is, the unemployment and replacement teachers are figured in, if these retards know what they are talking about.

Shorter Walker:

Are you on topic? I thought this thread was about " Walkers Speech was very good, and very clear. Let the layoffs begin?"

It is too bad the employees have to take the fall for Walker, but that is the way it always goes. The good news is, the unemployment and replacement teachers are figured in, if these retards know what they are talking about.

Uhh, as someone who read the whole speech, 2 pages... You're comment is about off topic as bringing up the moon... But you already knew that, didn't you... Yes, quite a big pasrt of the speech was focued on past Republicans and Democrats passing on a crap budget until it was no longer sustainable.

Last edited:
Unless one of the runaways walks into the Capitol in the next 5 minutes, it sounds to me like the pink slips go out first thing in the morning.

It is a shame that 14 overtly corrupt politicians have put the lives and livelihoods of every public employee, as well as their families, in queue BEHIND the special interests that grease their palms. Shame on each of them!

They deserve the fates they have chosen.

walking out doesnt make you corrupt.
Do you have proof of special interests being the reason they walked out? Or is that your own speculation? Im guessing speculation.

If you are going to use labels. Make sure they are correct.
Avoiding the painfully obvious is not intelligent.
What possible motivation would the democrat senators of WI have other than to avoid voting on a bill they KNOW on which their side will lose would they have to leave the State while the legislature is in session?

If you can come up with a logical and reasonable answer, have at it.
Politically, these senators are as good as corpses. Their choice to hide from their duty is not at all popular with Wisconsin voters.
I hope these fools stay in Illinois until cobwebs form in their capitol offices. The only thing that will accomplish is their agenda being kicked to the curb and them being voted out of office.

Show me, I fucking dare you... Show me where it ends collective bargaining... B r i n g i t.

Boy, you're even dumber than I thought. Walker's plan ends collective bargaining for public unions. That fact is indisputable.
WROOOOOOOONG!........It ends collective bargaining for benefits and pensions. Bargaining for pay will still be on the table.

Whch is absolutely the right thing to do. It's the 70% above private sector on average that is killing states economies. It's no longer sustainable......And, like California is facing, those pensions are not going to be available upon retirement. The money will not be there.

Seriously, would you damn lib's educate yourselves before bloviating some BS Ed Shultz talking points that are designed to totally mislead?

I like to see a reference for this.............

Boy, you're even dumber than I thought. Walker's plan ends collective bargaining for public unions. That fact is indisputable.
WROOOOOOOONG!........It ends collective bargaining for benefits and pensions. Bargaining for pay will still be on the table.

Whch is absolutely the right thing to do. It's the 70% above private sector on average that is killing states economies. It's no longer sustainable......And, like California is facing, those pensions are not going to be available upon retirement. The money will not be there.

Seriously, would you damn lib's educate yourselves before bloviating some BS Ed Shultz talking points that are designed to totally mislead?

I like to see a reference for this.............

Just like I'd like to see a link proving collective bargaining is being done away with by Walker, not the employee’s leaving on their own.

Wisconsin unions would actually have slightly more scope for bargaining...: they could bargain for cost of living adjustments up to CPI, or more if approved in a referendum. So, if the Wisconsin law is an assault, federal employee unions have already been pummeled.

Obama: Collective Bargaining for Thee, But Not For Me

I listened to his speech, and there was no transcript when I made the post.

Here you go:

OnMilwaukee.com Milwaukee Buzz: Transcript: Gov. Walkers budget address

So let me see if I have this straight. It was a bit hard to make out from his speech without the back-up details, but it sounded like he said that local governments are going to have to get by with less money if the 14 derelict Democrats don't come home and get back to work. Is that correct? He's basically holding those Democrats' own districts hostage to force them back home? Because if so, that's really ballsy of him.

I'm not entirely sure how his plan works, though. Got any details?

Unless one of the runaways walks into the Capitol in the next 5 minutes, it sounds to me like the pink slips go out first thing in the morning.

It is a shame that 14 overtly corrupt politicians have put the lives and livelihoods of every public employee, as well as their families, in queue BEHIND the special interests that grease their palms. Shame on each of them!

They deserve the fates they have chosen.

walking out doesnt make you corrupt.
Do you have proof of special interests being the reason they walked out? Or is that your own speculation? Im guessing speculation.

If you are going to use labels. Make sure they are correct.
Avoiding the painfully obvious is not intelligent.
What possible motivation would the democrat senators of WI have other than to avoid voting on a bill they KNOW on which their side will lose would they have to leave the State while the legislature is in session?

If you can come up with a logical and reasonable answer, have at it.
Politically, these senators are as good as corpses. Their choice to hide from their duty is not at all popular with Wisconsin voters.

I hope these fools stay in Illinois until cobwebs form in their capitol offices. The only thing that will accomplish is their agenda being kicked to the curb and them being voted out of office.

Actually it has a lot of traction, as the more WI citizens learn over time, the more they lean left. Walker is looking like a ghost, losing in the polls, losing in the media.

57 percent of voters believe that public workers should have collective bargaining rights, whereas 37 percent believe that they should not.

60 percent oppose taking away some collective bargaining rights from public unions while only 33 favor the idea

nationwide found a clear plurality siding with the public employee unions (42 percent) over Governor Walker (31 percent),

Last edited:
If those state senators are smart, they'll call Walker's bluff. If he's not bluffing, so much better. Nine months from now, he'll be facing a recall.

I don't think he's bluffing, and it sounded to me like if they don't get back to work, he's guaranteed that THEY are going to get blamed by their constituents.

57 percent of voters believe that public workers should have collective bargaining rights, whereas 37 percent believe that they should not.

must be a NYslimes/ABC poll.

and I say, pffffffeeeeeesh.

the real poll was posted last week, Rasmussen.
the majority was against the Unions and teachers and their antics.
but I'm sure the Slimes/Abc will have another post tomorrow for the Unions.:lol:

The next election isn't until 2012.

They will be recalled.

And probably replaced with (R)s

Really? You really think that?

From his speech:

As we decrease spending, we also increase flexibility so local government and state government have the tools to deal with reduced revenue. It's true we are reducing aid to local government by just over one and a quarter billion dollars, but we are providing almost $1.5 billion in savings through our budget repair bill. If the 14 Senate democrats do not come home, their local communities will be forced to manage these reductions in aid without the benefit of the tools provided in the repair bill. On the other hand, if the Senate democrats do come home, local units of government overall will actually see a net increase in revenue plus savings of more than $150 million.

I'm not entirely sure how this works without more background and detail, but it does sound as though he's worked it so that their own constituents are going to be ready to fry them in their own grease if they don't get back to work.

And they can turn around and repeal the law after they retake the majority in 2012. So really, Walker is threatening to lay people off over a petty little game he wants to play.

No, he's threatening to lay people off over a very real solution he thinks he's found. If he's right, then by election time in 2012, positive results will be on display, and there's no way in Hell that the Democrats will be retaking anything.

Forum List

Back