VP Debate Moderator Is Bias

Dude, you're off on this one. The VP Debate Moderator is releasing a book on innaguration day "The Age of Obama." She is obviously biased towards Obama and should excuse herself. I do not want Obama to win because of favors and bias. I want him to win a fair, straight forward election. Biden is going to dismantle Palin, but he should do so without someone who THAT biased towards Obama.

Her credentials are impeccable.

It really doesn't matter, though. Both camps had the right to reject her as a moderator. McCain's camp said she was fine.

And now they want to play the ref?

too funny....

Let's try to actually F O C U S....

This is all about them trying to pressure her into tossing softballs to Palin.

Dude, you're off on this one. The VP Debate Moderator is releasing a book on innaguration day "The Age of Obama." She is obviously biased towards Obama and should excuse herself. I do not want Obama to win because of favors and bias. I want him to win a fair, straight forward election. Biden is going to dismantle Palin, but he should do so without someone who THAT biased towards Obama.

So what? Writing a book about someone doesn't mean you are biased toward them. See Bob Woodwards books about Bush for example.

This tells us alot about Obama. I think we can all agree that:

1. Ifill is writing a very flattering book about Obama.

2. Obama knew this.

3. Obama knew she was moderator.

Conclusion: Obama should have rejected her as moderator.

Obama is shameless.

Thats possibly the dumbest argument I've ever heard, I've got students who can make a better one then that. Look, let it go kid, your grandpa is gonna lose

This tells us alot about Obama. I think we can all agree that:

1. Ifill is writing a very flattering book about Obama.

2. Obama knew this.

3. Obama knew she was moderator.

Conclusion: Obama should have rejected her as moderator.

Obama is shameless.

so could McCain you moron. and Obama isn't the one debating. J.H. Christ you people are pathetic.

Hello all,

First time poster here, though I have been reading these boards the past 2 weeks. It is amazing how some of the liberals here can possibly try and defend this woman being the moderator.

She is totally biased and in the tank for Obama. She has a CONFLICT OF INTREST. If Obama wins she makes more money. Her book is coming out I believe right after the election.

To say there is nothing wrong with this is idiotic, if the shoes were reversed the left would be screaming

PBS's Gwen Ifill has been chosen as the moderator for the Biden/Palin debate.

Ms. Ifill has a book on emerging young black politicians due out around the time the new president takes office. The book includes Obama, among others.

Ms. Ifill certainly has the experience and qualifications to moderate and I think she will do so without bias but do you think Ms. Ifill is a good choice?

I think it's asking for trouble. No one expects... let me rephrase... few expect Palin to perform well. If that's the case, will this be an avenue for the Repubs. to claim bias?
----------------------
My apologies. I didn't realize this thread had already been started.

Last edited:
Funny how if this moderator was realeasing a pro-Palin book liberals would be going ape sh!t. The picture was posted because polls show that 90% of blacks say they will vote for Obama... I think it's safe to say if she is realeasing a pro-Obama book she is voting for him...

Funny how if this moderator was realeasing a pro-Palin book liberals would be going ape sh!t. The picture was posted because polls show that 90% of blacks say they will vote for Obama... I think it's safe to say if she is realeasing a pro-Obama book she is voting for him...

One more time... McCain's campaign approved Ifill as the moderator. It's the wingnuts who are going ape...

Apparently, it didn't trouble the campaign much, so you guys need to stop drooling all over yourselves.

I think Ms. Ifill will conduct the debate in a fair and unbiased manner but.....

I think she perhaps a wrong choice, all things considered. No matter what she does, If (when) Palin screws up, she'll be thrown under the bus by Palin supporters......... if there are any left!

I think Ms. Ifill will conduct the debate in a fair and unbiased manner but.....

I think she perhaps a wrong choice, all things considered. No matter what she does, If (when) Palin screws up, she'll be thrown under the bus by Palin supporters......... if there are any left!

They're just trying to play the ref and make sure Sarah doesn't get hard questions.

But if they had any objections to Ifill, all they had to do was say "pass" and someone else would have been chosen.

so could McCain you moron. and Obama isn't the one debating. J.H. Christ you people are pathetic.

The McCain people didn't know about the book. Obama did. She travelled with the Obama campaign extensively. Let's face it, this is a BIG egg on the face for the Presidential Debate Commission. Try to be objective and look at how you'd feel if the shoe were on the other foot. Personally I think they should replace her with Jim Leher but if they don't, they don't. Palin will do fine.

One more time... McCain's campaign approved Ifill as the moderator. It's the wingnuts who are going ape...

Apparently, it didn't trouble the campaign much, so you guys need to stop drooling all over yourselves.

I heard that the McCain campaign did NOT know about Gwen Ifill’s book. True?

I heard that the McCain campaign did NOT know about Gwen Ifill’s book. True?

That you HEARD that? I don't know if you heard it or not. As for McCain's camp. I'd have to see evidence of that. I doubt strongly that they didn't know and it would be pure speculation on your part to say they didn't.

I know somehow it would make you guys feel better, but these guys are pretty thorough. Karl Rove doesn't leave things to chance. He does benefit, though, from people like you spreading stuff like this.

That you HEARD that? I don't know if you heard it or not. As for McCain's camp. I'd have to see evidence of that. I doubt strongly that they didn't know and it would be pure speculation on your part to say they didn't.

I know somehow it would make you guys feel better, but these guys are pretty thorough. Karl Rove doesn't leave things to chance. He does benefit, though, from people like you spreading stuff like this.

No problem----if she is biased and cannot set it aside it will be blatantly apparent. All the partisans would go bananas anyway--even if a talking parrot moderated the debate.

Forum List

Back