VP Debate Moderator Is Bias

That you HEARD that? I don't know if you heard it or not. As for McCain's camp. I'd have to see evidence of that. I doubt strongly that they didn't know and it would be pure speculation on your part to say they didn't.

I know somehow it would make you guys feel better, but these guys are pretty thorough. Karl Rove doesn't leave things to chance. He does benefit, though, from people like you spreading stuff like this.

So in other words, you don't know. :clap2:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/politics/21debate.html

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

The wrangling was chiefly between the McCain-Palin camp and the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, which is sponsoring the forums

:eusa_boohoo: Poor Sarah Palin, can't handle a simple debate yet we are suppose to believe that she can take on Putin on day one if she ever became President?

Funny thing is, I probably have more debate experience then Sarah Palin. :lol:

A thread attacking the debate moderator?

Sheesh, talk about grasping at straws.

I'm really surprised at posters like Jillian and others who claim to be able to step away from partisanship and "their" guy and look at this story objectively.

Jillian is now blaming the McCain campaign for not doing enough research into the moderator before agreeing to her?

Pardon my language...but are you FUCKING SHITTING ME??!?!!??!!

If McCain's people had "investigated" Ifill...the partisan hacks on this board would be screeching up a storm about racism and KARL ROVE-STYLE INTIMIDATION TACTICS!!! They'd be yelling about how poor Palin needs a buddy as a moderator and if she doesn't get it than the fascist McCain campaign will intimidate the moderators until they get their way....

Now it has come to light that the moderator is OBVIOUSLY BIASED and here are the people who claim to want open, fair debates...saying that Republicans and those who give a shit about the electoral process should stop whining because McCain should have investigated the woman?!?!

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!

I'm sorry, but I am so goddammed sick of the double-standards of this election. If the moderator of this debate had been writing a book about McCain's Vietnam experience entitled, "An American Hero," people here would be having seizures at the blatant unfairness...

I can't believe the lack of intellectual honesty in this thread.

I think Palin has a very large possibility to do lousy even if you gave her her husband as a moderator...but that doesn't mean that I want to person asking her questions to be someone who stands to profit off of Obama's election.

Give me a fucking break...that anyone would support an OBVIOUS and CONFIRMED partisan for one side in a debate as moderator is just asinine. When I think back to the shit that left-wingers like Stephanopolus went through just because he asked Obama some tough questions...and now we have a left-winger in the debate again...but since it stands to HELP obama...gee, look how quiet and defensive all the Obama supporters get. Pathetic.

I'm really surprised at posters like Jillian and others who claim to be able to step away from partisanship and "their" guy and look at this story objectively.

Jillian is now blaming the McCain campaign for not doing enough research into the moderator before agreeing to her?

Jillian is a child. You'll probably get a negative rep from him for your post. Nobody takes him seriously. What's funny is that he actually thinks I'm a McCain supporter because I'm against Obama! Clueless.

If McCain's people had "investigated" Ifill...the partisan hacks on this board would be screeching up a storm about racism and KARL ROVE-STYLE INTIMIDATION TACTICS!!! They'd be yelling about how poor Palin needs a buddy as a moderator and if she doesn't get it than the fascist McCain campaign will intimidate the moderators until they get their way....

Now it has come to light that the moderator is OBVIOUSLY BIASED and here are the people who claim to want open, fair debates...saying that Republicans and those who give a shit about the electoral process should stop whining because McCain should have investigated the woman?!?!

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!

I'm sorry, but I am so goddammed sick of the double-standards of this election. If the moderator of this debate had been writing a book about McCain's Vietnam experience entitled, "An American Hero," people here would be having seizures at the blatant unfairness...

I think Palin has a very large possibility to do lousy even if you gave her her husband as a moderator...but that doesn't mean that I want to person asking her questions to be someone who stands to profit off of Obama's election.

Give me a fucking break...that anyone would support an OBVIOUS and CONFIRMED partisan for one side in a debate as moderator is just asinine. When I think back to the shit that left-wingers like Stephanopolus went through just because he asked Obama some tough questions...and now we have a left-winger in the debate again...but since it stands to HELP obama...gee, look how quiet and defensive all the Obama supporters get. Pathetic.

I would just like to point out that it would be the McCain Campaign fault to not research before.

Case and Point: Sarah Palin

Actually, I have found Jillian to be quite capable of insight and intelligence. I just worry sometimes that she gets too angry with the FAR right influence on the board and starts typing without thinking.

I think that if she and others on the left on this board really stepped back and thought about this one, it would be obvious that it is highly inappropriate to have a debate moderator who stands to make money off of the success of one of the candidates.

Ifill should step down, and a moderator who does not have an obvious "dog in the fight" should take her place.

Robert Wrote:
I would just like to point out that it would be the McCain Campaign fault to not research before.

We can agree to disagree on this point...but I am quite sure that if the McCain campaign had put ANY time or effort into investigating the African-American female moderator of this debate...the Left would have gone absolutely ape-shit over the racism/sexism/fascism and intimidation of moderators.

Bottom line...no one with such obvious partisan ties should be moderating a debate and no Obama supporter on earth would allow a moderator who had written a book supporting McCain to moderate this debate.

McCain didn't investigate it for whatever reason...that doesn't mean we, the People, should throw fairness and objectivity out the window.

Last edited:
Robert Wrote:

We can agree to disagree on this point...but I am quite sure that if the McCain campaign had put ANY time or effort into investigating the African-American female moderator of this debate...the Left would have gone absolutely ape-shit over the racism/sexism/fascism and intimidation of moderators.

Bottom line...no one with such obvious partisan ties should be moderating a debate and no Obama supporter on earth would allow a moderator who had written a book supporting McCain to moderate this debate.

McCain didn't investigate it for whatever reason...that doesn't mean we, the People, should throw fairness and objectivity out the window.

If McCain didn't even bother to research his VP Candidate do you really think he'd bother to do this?

McCain is still not objecting to this as far as I know. So far it's just the right wing on this board going apeshit and foaming from the mouth.

Hell, I made that similiar thread to just show how silly what the right wing is doing over this.

Last edited:

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!

Yes, McCain should have "researched" her. Know what research he needed to do?

How about read the Washington Post. Ever heard of that little rag? An article was in it about her book A MONTH AGO. I think maybe, just maybe, the McCain campaign might read that little rag. And if not they are so fucking stupid they deserve the ass kicking they are about to get.

How about check a website I think you've maybe heard of. Its called Amazon.com. Her book has been up on there for a while. They didn't need to go around calling her neighbors, it was in OPEN SOURCE MATERIALS. Gee, I wonder why all of a sudden 36 hours before the debate this is a HUGE issue.

Obvious and Confirmed Partisan? Oh? And do tell what is so obvious and confirmed about it. Oh right, she had a funny face when she said something about Palin. Shes such an "obvious and confirmed partisan" that shes held vice presidential debates before.

This is all about getting the base all riled up about bias, about how all those poor little Republicans are victims and everyone hates them and are soooo biased, so that when Palin gets her ass kicked they have a pre-fabricated excuse.

Actually, I have found Jillian to be quite capable of insight and intelligence. I just worry sometimes that she gets too angry with the FAR right influence on the board and starts typing without thinking.

I think that if she and others on the left on this board really stepped back and thought about this one, it would be obvious that it is highly inappropriate to have a debate moderator who stands to make money off of the success of one of the candidates.

Ifill should step down, and a moderator who does not have an obvious "dog in the fight" should take her place.

If I were McCain, I probably wouldn't have approved her under the circumstances. But there isn't any way they didn't know about this. Seriously. It's absolutely playing the ref so when Palin tanks, they can complain about how victimized she was.

Again, it was their option to play or pass.

If I were McCain, I probably wouldn't have approved her under the circumstances. But there isn't any way they didn't know about this. Seriously. It's absolutely playing the ref so when Palin tanks, they can complain about how victimized she was.

I wonder if this is an excuse to get her not to debate...

At this point I can't see how debating could hurt her though. Expectations are so low, if she tanks everyone will be like "eh", if she does well, people will be impressed.

I share your opinion!

Forum List

Back